Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

about CNI( Certificate of No Impediment to Marry )

Hi everyone ,I am filipina and my british fiancee intend to get marry me here in the Philippines on 18th November,he have been told that he need a Certificate of No Impediment (CNI) by the Embassy ..

He went to his local register in Caernarfon, North Wales,U.K and was told that they would only issue him with a Certificate of Intention to Marry a Foreigner, under the Marriage with Foreigners Act 1906. His notice of intention would be displayed on the notice board for 22 days then my certificate would be issued...How about the CNI?they will not give him anymore the Certificate of No Impediment ..Its only Certificate of Intention to Marry a Foreigner..
    Could it be exchanged for a certificate that would be acceptable to the Philippines,? would this be certificate of Intention to marry and not CNI be ok already to the embassy in exchange of certificate of legal capacity to get marry coming from the embassy?

kindly help us with this matter..thank you ..hoping to hear from u all..Godbles

Quote Originally Posted by jeanelovesdeano View Post

Could it be exchanged for a certificate that would be acceptable to the Philippines,? would this be certificate of Intention to marry and not CNI be ok already to the embassy in exchange of certificate of legal capacity to get marry coming from the embassy?

HI jean welcome here... your fiance needs to bring with him his (Certificate of Intention to Marry a Foreigner..) then go to the British Embassy Manila and have it exchange for our local Certificate of No Impediment ..it will be posted for 10 days then he is allowed to marry you in the Philippines.
    ''Don't be serious..Be Sincere''

Quote Originally Posted by sars_notd_virus View Post
    HI jean welcome here... your fiance needs to bring with him his (Certificate of Intention to Marry a Foreigner..) then go to the British Embassy Manila and have it exchange for our local Certificate of No Impediment ..it will be posted for 10 days then he is allowed to marry you in the Philippines.
    hello there sars.. can i ask something?.. why when my husband and i apply for his CNI it took 21 days to get it at the british consul in angeles? and paid almost 10,000 php?.. got curious.. thank's

Quote Originally Posted by bher View Post
    hello there sars.. can i ask something?.. why when my husband and i apply for his CNI it took 21 days to get it at the british consul in angeles? and paid almost 10,000 php?.. got curious.. thank's
    yes bher, i guessed your husband applied direct from Philippines and not just exchanged from the British (CNI)one.

* In Jean's case here...her fiance went to a local register office (UK)and give notice that he wish to marry a Foreigner- The certificate will then be issued 21 days after the notice to marry....that certificate will be brought by him when he comes to the Philippines and have it exchange at British Embassy Manila for the local version of CNI*
    ''Don't be serious..Be Sincere''

thanks for the reply on my message..i would like to ask again if is it hindrance to approved my spouse visa application if it happen that after our marriage i will get pregnant?because my husband to be will be going back in UK 2 weeks after our wedding.what is the best thing to do?not having baby yet untill were together already? what will be the possible thing will happen if i get pregnant while applying the spouse visa?

it depends how soon your going to get pregnant , get the visa and travel while your pregnant and you shouldnt have a problem.
    i have learnt to do what my wife says!

is there any possible to travel if the visa aprov if its more than 7 months pregnant?

Quote Originally Posted by bornatbirth View Post
    it depends how soon your going to get pregnant , get the visa and travel while your pregnant and you shouldnt have a problem.

how long will the visa approve?if it happen that the spouse visa application will not yet approve and i born our baby here in Philippines, what will be the possible thing will happen? will i apply for the visa of our baby as well?

hello Jean!

I can understand your worries as i have been there but got through it in the end.

The best thing for your future husband to do is apply for the CNI at his local registry in the UK, which is yes will take 22 days to be issued. And when you picked him up from the airport you can go straight to the British Embassy in Manila and apply for a Local CNI. It wont take you long but you need to find out the opening and closing times so it doesnt waste your time and effort. Then thats when you can apply for your marriage licence which you need to wait for 10 days before you can actually get married.

Regarding with your visa application, it may take a while as you both need to gather the necessary documents after your wedding, like NSO Marriage Certificate which i think takes about 4 weeks. Plus your husbands documents like latest payslips and bank statements.

When i applied for my spouse visa it took us a few months to complete all the documents but it only took us 2 days for the visa approval. I am not sure about that now....but normally it takes 4 to 6 weeks processing.

If you're thinking of getting pregnant before you apply for your visa then that is another thing to think of. If you give birth before your visa then thats great, you just have to get your baby a british passport if you decide to bring your baby with you in the UK and get an entry ckearance, no need to apply for a visa as your baby has got a british passport.

But one thing you must think of, travelling pregnant is a bit of a risk and some airlines are quite sensitive with that kind of matter.

You have to think about it very well. Getting pregnant and applying for visa is gonna be stressful for you. Specially you just got married ofcourse you wonna enjoy your time together and if you get your visa then you can look for a job straight away in the UK and in that case you be able to help your husband build a better future for your future baby.

Anyways, Goodluck and all the best!
    I'm a cruel and heartless bitch but I’m damn good at it!

my fiance will get his CNI next week..after waiting 22 days i guess..im confused now lol..do we need to to embassy manila to get a local CNI????

Quote Originally Posted by sexiimulditah View Post
    my fiance will get his CNI next week..after waiting 22 days i guess..im confused now lol..do we need to to embassy manila to get a local CNI????
    Yes. Your fiance should get the CNI, UK version while hes here in the UK so when he goes to the Philippines and marry he can get the Local CNI at the Embassy without waiting for 22 days.

But if your fiance is going to apply for his CNI in the Philippines then i guess he must wait for 22 days before the issue.

ooh,i thought its okay already not to go to embassy manila..so he's getting his uk version CNI next week..and when he arrive here in phils he need to go to embassy and get his local CNI right,will it take long time or just few hours?

ooh,i thought its okay already not to go to embassy manila..so he's getting his uk version CNI next week..and when he arrive here in phils he need to go to embassy and get his local CNI right,will it take long time or just few hours?
    So next week when your fiance applies for his UK version CNI he needs to wait 22 days to get the docs and thats when he can go to the philippines. Local CNI at the embassy doesnt take long, a couple of hours maybe. But you need to find out the times they are open.
    goodluck!

Quote Originally Posted by -sillybilly- View Post
    So next week when your fiance applies for his UK version CNI he needs to wait 22 days to get the docs and thats when he can go to the philippines. Local CNI at the embassy doesnt take long, a couple of hours maybe. But you need to find out the times they are open.
    goodluck!
    thanks..he did apply for it already and he will pick it up next week...thanks so much for the info..it was a great help..i didnt know were supposed to get the local cni...once again thank you...
    I just do what I want.It's not about what people are saying...It's about Me

Reading your other posts, you mention that you plan to marry next year and you say that you have applied for the CNI from the UK now. According to the regulations, the CNI needs to be presented within 3 months of being issued

http://ukinthephilippines.fco.gov.uk...ply-for-a-cni/

CERTIFICATE OF NO IMPEDIMENT

If you are a British Citizen and wish to marry in the Philippines, the local authorities require that you produce a document from this Embassy/Consulate to the effect that you are free to marry. The document produced by the Embassy/Consulate is a local Certificate of No Impediment (CNI) acceptable to the Philippine authorities.

This can be done by the following business day of your application if you can produce a CNI issued by your Registrar of Marriages in the United Kingdom. (The Registrar in the UK will require you to appear personally before him and your Notice of Marriage will have to be posted on his notice board for 22 days before he can issue a CNI). Please note that a CNI issued in Scotland should be presented to this Embassy within 3 months of it being issued.

If one party to the marriage is a Philippine citizen, or is a British Citizen who was previously a Philippine citizen, they must produce a Certificate of No Marriage Certificate (CENOMAR) issued by the National Statistics Office (NSO) in Manila. The CENOMAR certifies that the Philippine citizen (or previous Philippine Citizen) has no record of marriage with the NSO. Please note that the CENOMAR issued by the NSO Manila should be presented to the Embassy/Consulate within 3 months of it being issued.

Quote Originally Posted by rusty View Post
    Reading your other posts, you mention that you plan to marry next year and you say that you have applied for the CNI from the UK now. According to the regulations, the CNI needs to be presented within 3 months of being issued

http://ukinthephilippines.fco.gov.uk...ply-for-a-cni/

CERTIFICATE OF NO IMPEDIMENT

If you are a British Citizen and wish to marry in the Philippines, the local authorities require that you produce a document from this Embassy/Consulate to the effect that you are free to marry. The document produced by the Embassy/Consulate is a local Certificate of No Impediment (CNI) acceptable to the Philippine authorities.

This can be done by the following business day of your application if you can produce a CNI issued by your Registrar of Marriages in the United Kingdom. (The Registrar in the UK will require you to appear personally before him and your Notice of Marriage will have to be posted on his notice board for 22 days before he can issue a CNI). Please note that a CNI issued in Scotland should be presented to this Embassy within 3 months of it being issued.

If one party to the marriage is a Philippine citizen, or is a British Citizen who was previously a Philippine citizen, they must produce a Certificate of No Marriage Certificate (CENOMAR) issued by the National Statistics Office (NSO) in Manila. The CENOMAR certifies that the Philippine citizen (or previous Philippine Citizen) has no record of marriage with the NSO. Please note that the CENOMAR issued by the NSO Manila should be presented to the Embassy/Consulate within 3 months of it being issued.
    ooh wow he applied for that thing tooo early..he should've apply december then..ouchh....thanks for this..ill tell him about this

Question

If one party to the marriage is a Philippine citizen, or is a British Citizen who was previously a Philippine citizen, they must produce a Certificate of No Marriage Certificate (CENOMAR) issued by the National Statistics Office (NSO) in Manila. The CENOMAR certifies that the Philippine citizen (or previous Philippine Citizen) has no record of marriage with the NSO. Please note that the CENOMAR issued by the NSO Manila should be presented to the Embassy/Consulate within 3 months of it being issued.[/QUOTE]

@ sillybilly thank you so much for the response on my post. i will think about it well.

regarding with my CENOMAR, will it be ok if my CENOMAR is issued here in General Santos City?because this is the nearest city here in my Hometown.and it took hard for me to get CENOMAR in Manila because its really far from our city .Is the CENOMAR issued in General Santos City , the same as in Manila City?hope for your response, thank you..

i need to hear the reply of this question above too..as im planning to get cenomar just here in my place and not in manila......hope to read some response about this

so he has a ticket already.uk -phil- is it sure we will just wait few hours for the local CNI so we can travel from manila to my province next day?

Quote Originally Posted by jeanelovesdeano View Post

regarding with my CENOMAR, will it be ok if my CENOMAR is issued here in General Santos City?because this is the nearest city here in my Hometown.and it took hard for me to get CENOMAR in Manila because its really far from our city .Is the CENOMAR issued in General Santos City , the same as in Manila City?hope for your response, thank you..
    i need to hear the reply of this question above too..as im planning to get cenomar just here in my place and not in manila......hope to read some response about this
    Yes, just go to your nearest NSO office to obtain your CENOMAR, no need to go to Manila to get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sim11UK View Post
    Yes, just go to your nearest NSO office to obtain your CENOMAR, no need to go to Manila to get it.
    thank you for the info

One can apply his/her cenomar now in their local nso branch, just take note that sometimes a cenomar takes longer to be released than a birth certificate because your name will still be verified if you haven't been married before.

Thread Information