Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.


THE LANCET – No.1 Scientific peer-reviewed publication
BRITISH MEDIAL JOURNAL (BMJ) – World respected journal for scientists and medical experts
CENTERS FOR DISEASE AND PREVENTION (CDC) – No.1 US site for health information

Results 1 to 3 of 3
  1. #1
    Respected Member Bluebirdjones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Folkestone, Kent
    Rep Power

    Working Tax Credits / Child Tax Credits

    A word of warning....

    If you are currently claiming working tax and/or child tax credits as a single person, and your missus arrives on a fiancee visa, you MUST re-submit another claim as a married couple immediately AFTER you get married.

    … even though she may not be in receipt of a FLR (Further Leave To Remain), or be in the legal position to work in the UK, HM Revenue & Customs view it as a change in your circumstances, and will expect you to inform them,

    …….otherwise when you do inform them, ie when she gets the FLR and the right to work in the UK, they will claim a “change in circumstances” on your part which you did not disclose to them, and demand repayment of the said working & child tax credits that you received as a single person when in fact you were married.

    …… and then the fun & games with HM Revenue & Customs really start, to try and get this amended …..

    I’m sure this is not obvious to most, as all correspondence with the UK Border Agent tends to continuously state …. “NO RECOURSE TO PUBLIC FUNDS”.....
    No man is an island, but Barry is

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Rep Power
    BUT....if you are a UK citizen, married to a Filipina, with one child born in the UK....you are intitled to Child benefit and child tax credit...right? ps - We are still waiting for our health in pregnancy grant decision after applying 17 weeks ago! ie. son was born over 2 weeks ago!!

  3. #3
    Moderator joebloggs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Somewhere else
    Rep Power
    bluebirdjones is talking aobut if you was single and claiming certain benefits b4 your partner came to the uk , probably doesn't effect many people on here .

    yes your uk partner is entitled to claim what ever benefits they are eligible to claim.

    and that definately means child benefit, and depending on your incomes tax creds etc..

    i'm sure you will get your grant dont give up

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Child Benefit And Tax Credits
    By cassuk11 in forum UK Benefits
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 16th February 2015, 13:54
  2. Working tax credits, married and living apart
    By RicIre in forum Help & Advice
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 8th March 2014, 21:21
  3. Working tax credits question?
    By pencil in forum Help & Advice
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 17th January 2014, 00:41
  4. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 8th May 2011, 19:30
  5. child benefit and working tax credits
    By malawi in forum Help & Advice
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 13th April 2011, 08:13

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Filipino Forum : Philippine Forum