Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    He has also overstayed here in the Philipines for over 6 months
    now, so maybe they are waiting for him to surface at the
    Immigration office.
    Thats his biggest problem..visa`s. If they get him,they will just lock him up unless he has a huge bung ready,which is doubtful otherwise his visas would be up to date..
    Wonder how he makes a living?

He runs a whale shark tour venture, rips Tourists off...easy enough for him..like I put before, already got 1.5 million peso's out off an Aussie guy, Got his own boat...There are tales he ripped an elderly American gentleman off big time, but I could not confirm that....Plus he apparently came to Southern Leyte with lots of cash (paying £20,000 for false passport) He's got a bob or two methinks....

Banned
    He is definitely here on a false passport which he
    bought in the UK. for £20,000
    They saw him coming

I'd stay well clear of him Jack. Sounds like a real scumbag.

Jesus, Fred ... I've just skimmed through all this mind-boggling stuff, and wonder how some of these expats in the Phils compare with the inmates of G-Wing at the fictional Larkhall womens' prison in ITV's acclaimed drama *'Bad Girls' screened HERE in the late 1990s? Dunno whether or not *its ever reached your "neck of the woods" yet ... or if you'd happened to see the series on any of your visits to the old homeland?

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Little View Post
    Jesus, Fred ... I've just skimmed through all this mind-boggling stuff, and wonder how some of these expats in the Phils compare with the inmates of G-Wing at the fictional Larkhall womens' prison in ITV's acclaimed drama *'Bad Girls' screened HERE in the late 1990s? Dunno whether or not *its ever reached your "neck of the woods" yet ... or if you'd happened to see the series on any of your visits to the old homeland?
    I do remember trying to watch the show once (for 10 minutes)..I think I probably turned it over in favour of Horizon or something else on BB2..(the women were probably too bloody ugly for starters)

If there really are that many Brit women G wingers out here,I cant say. However, if I do manage to come across one I will convey your interest and admiration Arthur and pass on your details!!

Respected Member
    http://www.messengernewspapers.co.uk...n_Philippines/

Good story Jessica, maybe the net will close!

The UK has an extradition treaty with the Philippines which allows extradition to be requested for any offence which attracts a maximum penalty of at least 12 months’ imprisonment.
    Well...I learned something today!!
    I always thought that there was no extradition treaty between the two countries?

BTW..Thanks for the link to the article Ricky.

I apologise to you RickyR...My Brother in law who is a policeman and is sat next to me in Starbucks and who told me that the Philipines had no extradition with the Uk also apologises for telling that there was none. Its good to see that things are turning the way they are...Unfortunately he ows so much money and diving equiptment here, the guys fear that they will never get it all back...Oh well, thats life...Good picture of him, but his head has been shaved for months now..
    Also Arthur Litte....if you follow this link..you can get all the Bad Girls series that you crave for

http://isohunt.com/torrent_details/8...ls?tab=summary

Hope you enjoy the shows......again (I'm too young to remember them)

seems that this guy has been arrested and is/has been deported back to the UK.

Hope that guy gets what he deserves. Made me quite angry reading about these scrotes on this thread. I'm not sure I could have resisted punching out the paedo from HK if I had spoken to him in a bar and he revealed his purpose for trips to the Philippines, however I have a low threshold for dealing with scum, which has caused me problems in the past!

My wife is from Pampanga, I'd certainly live there, maybe not Angeles - I havent been to Angeles but my wife says its reputation is deserved from what she knows of the place. The town my wife comes from is pretty nice, its like everyone knows everyone else and there are no big problems, I'd say that the majority of the Philippines would make a good home for an expat, probably just not Angeles. I'm actually looking for expact jobs in sout east asia at the moment as the economy here in the UK is so bad and it seems like there's a lot of good job opportunities for expats S/E Asia, unfortunatley not so much the philippines..but if we are a couple hours plane trip from the Wifes' family thats ok.

Someone mentioned looking for a place to live in Bohol - thats my dream too, although my wife wont have it because its far from Pampanga, weekly trips out to Bacalisag island and the corral reef would be the most awesomest.

Good thread I have met one or two interesting people in asia over the years,in fact an aquaintance has only fairly recently returned to the UK and handed himself in,he was smuggling thai grass,first few runs went fine,someone got jealous and customs did a controlled delivery,I think he had 97 kilos?Small beer but enough to top-up his pension fund,he was sentenced to four years and after a while transferred to an open prison,he skipped and vanished to thailand where he has properties and investments,but as I said he is back in the UK now incarcerated.Thailand is actually a better bolt-hole than pinas,I know several ex-football hooligans and folks of a similar ilk living there involved in dubious enterprises.
    Pinas has been a sanctuary long before moynihan(spelling?) brought it to prominence,i once went into a bar in Angeles,we are going back 18-20 years now,I was a kid,the bar owner was a friend of my companion and invited us into his office,he was an abrasive brash outgoing Aussie,as I sat there feeling out of my depth my attention was drawn to several framed newspaper cuttings hanging on a wall,all were reports of an armed robbery in Australia,sometimes its best not to ask questions
    Theres pinoy crims in UK,and plenty of indiginous felons here,I have a few cop friends here,three nights ago in Davao a 16 year old youth raped his 10 year old sister,and several weeks ago a 13 year old boy raped and murdered a 6 year old neighbour Several months ago I was sitting in a house when a pinoy was shot barely 200 yards away,his assassins two-up on a motorbike drew alongside his car and shot him twice in the head,crims are crims irrespective of nationality

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

Better add also irrespective of class and social standing,I know a guy who was asked by a Brit expat living in HK would he know anyone who could take his yacht down to the southern philippines,strip it of anything valuable,then sink the boat for insurance purposes

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

Quote Originally Posted by fred View Post
    Petrea ,from memory used to run a service which investigated suspected scammers dating men from abroad and he was able to to present facts to guys that had already fallen for these girls thus saving them further grief and cash.
    If ANY person needs emergency assistance such as fresh blood in a medical emergency,contact Paul Petrea..If he has the same blood type he will travel to you and donate without question..He will also post a message on his SOS Philippines yahoo group which will then be distributed to most local expat websites and contact groups with pleas for your blood type. He`s already helped many people including local kids needing transfusions etc.
    As I say..I only met him once but I think it only fair to give the man some credit..
    Not sure who runs the site in that link other than "Anonymous" ,but unless the people he/she/it condemns there been convicted in a court of law then its nothing more than a vicious rumour mill or some type of revenge site.
    Also from what I can tell he/she/it lives a very safe distance away from the people that he/she/it is accusing..America!!!
    I agree with you Fred. I've met Petrea a few times during expats gathering as my stepfather is also an expat here in Cebu for good 17 years and has never been back to UK.
    I've been to P. Burgos street in Tacloban and it is a place I choose not to because it is a place for dangerous people. My older half brother who walked there was shot using a shot gun for mistaken identity of being some girlfriend's lover. With a wife and kids to support. I just feel sorry for his family.
    I don't believe in the bipolar disorder because it is completely untrue. I would say, that since the place is where drugs, sex and rock n' rolls are, no wonder why people would say that the girls have bipolar disorders. I think it has something to do with the area you living in. If you live in urbanized and safe area then you're good. Bohol is nice, as well as Cebu.
    As for Petrea, he is truly a nice man. He runs and support few websites for expats here in Cebu and other parts of Philippines. A very supportive person to all expats, whether you are a brit, aussie and yank he doesn't choose a person nor prejudge you.

It is the same thing saying that filipinos are blah blah blah...pre-judging and generalizing everyone for one's mistake.
    Life as we make it

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jackmac452 View Post
    Hmm..the replies for my rant have taken me by surprise..I thought I would be shouted at at least by someone...well johncar54 I respect the time you took to read my rant, but I was talking to the mayor today (he's my uncle in law) and he agree's....the Philipines don't extradite people back to the UK... but I was told that unofficialy...up to 20 bodies a month get shipped out of the Philipines...believe that or not, just passing on what was told to me by someone who knows..(not the Mayor by the way).as for driving here, I have a motorbike and have been driving for 6 months, the only things that scare me are the long distance coaches....here, they own the road (two bad crashes lately..30 odd and 40 odd killed) and my concentration which lapses when on a long run and kids and dogs run out in front of me.. Bohol....brilliant place..they don't stand for the crap there..I loved the place, went on a biking ride with 3 aussies there and had a great time..The Aussie big man here ran a kiddy fiddler out of town a couple of months ago and earned all our respect for that. As for the bipolar thing...the lady next door is a nurse in the Maasin hospital and she agreed with the quote, but says its much higher in young girls here, and the Aids thingy is on the rise and also here we now have Denghui fever in the hospital, a terrible thing for the children...over 25 cases now...But in spite of my rantings, I still like the place and I also happen to have the best wife in my World....
    Hi jackmac452
    Thanks for the insight into the Phils.
    I will go over there one day and will not be taking rose tinted specs.
    Forewarned is Forearmed.

You mentioned Maasin.
    Is the hotel "DavLiz" still open not far out of town?
    I stayed there for a while once. It was run by a Fil-Brit couple Dave and Liz.
    They were a very charming couple.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by yorkie View Post
    ........weekly trips out to Bacalisag island and the corral reef would be the most awesomest.
    Hi yorkie, I dived there many times too. Nice place.

Where is the city that most expats go to find work in Asia now?
    It used to be Singapore.

I met a diver in Phils who was in Oil-related insurance (corporate) who told me the Oil biz is very short of experienced people nowadays.

I sometimes ponder returning to that life again

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information