Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Application not accepted...

My brother and sister's application for a Family Visitor Visa was not accepted today , they were told that it was too early for them to apply when the intended travel is not until the 17th of Dec (4 months away).

I believe I thoroughly read the VFS website but didn't see this information prior to them applying . Aarrggghhhhh I should have consulted you guys before!

Though at least the visa fee of P10,064 (P5,032 x 2) will be refunded. Now we just have to wait 6-7 weeks before applying again... *sigh*

What a load of BS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.. What the hell is wrong with planning 4 months in advance..Especially given how precarious these visa applications are..

I think 85% of immigration staff should be stripped of their British status and deported!! ******* useless *****.

i don't remember ever reading anything about any time scale, thats you plan a few months in advance so everything runs smoothly, and they want you to apply 6wks before they travel
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

yes silly people you have to get through before we can realize our plans , you have to put a date on the forms if i remember we put a future date in and got that date, it did not give a time limit then

I`ve never heard that before

It was really very inconvenient to think that we would have to go through all the tension of applying again , but at least most of the documents are complete now and we would just have to add the Aug and Sept bank statements when they re-apply in October.

I guess we would also have to change the date on the supporting letters to make it more recent come October.

Hi,

I had the same situation at VFS before when I applied for my visa as it was more than 3 months away from my intended departure.. so the staff said that they wont accept it BUT then I told her that I will just edit what I've written on my form. Instead of April, I moved it back to March and then she accepted.

The 2 options were: edit the intended departure date OR come back again next time to re-apply and make sure that the date is not more than 3 months away from the date of application.. which of course, I opted for the first one.

Thread Information