Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Banned

Angry Peterborough - what a tip

Pupils forced to use mobile classrooms as city is flooded by 20,000 migrants

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz0wX1G5zfk

Unemployed migrants set up makeshift camp on busy roundabout

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz0wX1YSMLK

Peterborough a multicultural dungheap - Labours legacy

x2

Cant understand why these are still shock horror stories since the Brits opened its flood gates to EU citizens? Its another reason that I left.. Its gonna get much worse..You know that right?

Quote Originally Posted by fred View Post
    Cant understand why these are still shock horror stories since the Brits opened its flood gates to EU citizens? Its another reason that I left.. Its gonna get much worse..You know that right?
    Your cheerful sitting in paradise

Respected Member
    I live in Wisbech and visit Peterborough very often. There is an active and very well organised Filipino group there. They organise an event every month and last week held a family fun day at the Ferry Meadows Country Park, which was attended by lots of Filipinos, their families and friends. I did not count them all but there must have been between 100 and 200 folk there, lots of food, and no charge at all. Ferry Meadows is a superb location right in the heart of the city but very spacious and with a real country feel to it.
    So sorry, Peterborough has its good points too. Yes, it does have lots of Eastern EU immigrants which are stressing local services. We do here in Wisbech as well because we are a farming and food processing town. However they are being welcomed into the community and now form about 25% of the client base for my business. Some of the nicest people you could hope to meet come from these communities. Well educated, very motivated and polite. It is no small wonder that local employers prefer to recruit from this group than from unemployed locals for they generally work harder and don't let you down.
    Whether we should be closing the door on non EU immigration is another issue but I wanted to put an alternative view.

By the way..........I regard almost everything written in the Daily Mail to be totally biased b*llocks, designed to stir up the worst type of emotions in those type of people who still believe in Empire. It is now so right wing it makes even Fox seem well balanced.

Nothing wrong with Peterbourgh ..... apart from the council prints all it's leaflets in about 30 languages
    Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Win2Win View Post
    Nothing wrong with Peterbourgh ..... apart from the council prints all it's leaflets in about 30 languages
    Well it's important that Joe Moldovan and other sundry non EU Economic Migrants aka Asylum Seekers knows how many benefits they can claim for their wives and 12 children

Respected Member
    Peterborough is my home city, it's not that bad really. I now live in Leicester, if immigration is really an issue to people it is much worse in Leicester with 50% + of the population being of non Anglo Saxon origins. TBH it has never bothered me, a good 50% of my clients are from South Asia, and I have always been treated with upmost respect and loyalty by my clients.
    We have to be careful when we condemn non British people who migrate here and set up their own little communities. My experience of Brits who live abroad is that the majority will set up their own little British communities where they can talk about The English Premier League, eat bacon sarnies with HP sauce and have a nice cup of PG Tips or a pint of John Smith's. No one seems to complain about these ex-pat communities. I don't have a problem with any nationalities setting up their own groups and social events as long as they try to speak the language of their adopted country, obey the laws of the land and contribute to society in a positive way rather than just taking.

It's terrible in my Welsh village, I think over 50% of them are English

English second language for 30 per cent of all Manchester schoolchildren

http://menmedia.co.uk/manchestereven...ildren__report
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dedworth View Post
    Well it's important that Joe Moldovan and other sundry non EU Economic Migrants aka Asylum Seekers knows how many benefits they can claim for their wives and 12 children
    I am not aware of any surge in Asylum seekers in this area. Almost all the migrants are from Eastern Europe and are here to work. I don't know any who are simply here to milk the system. However there are many locally born people who are very adept at doing just that. I don't suggest that there is not a problem with the abuse of the Asylum system, as I feel there clearly are some issues, but that is not the reason for the immigration increases in this area.

With some places in the UK it would probably feel more 'English' if you lived in Romania

Had to drive through Oldham to get to manchester airport last week as m62 blocked,nice place

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by lestaxi1 View Post
    Had to drive through Oldham to get to manchester airport last week as m62 blocked,nice place
    Alan will be pleased you like it...............

It makes middlesboro look good

Devon - no - Oxford - no - Stalybridge - no - errr - UK
    Top of the league!!

Al.
    Pressed rat and warthog closed down their shop!

Respected Member
    It's terrible in my Welsh village, I think over 50% of them are English
    Burn their houses

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by David House View Post
    I am not aware of any surge in Asylum seekers in this area. Almost all the migrants are from Eastern Europe and are here to work. I don't know any who are simply here to milk the system. However there are many locally born people who are very adept at doing just that. I don't suggest that there is not a problem with the abuse of the Asylum system, as I feel there clearly are some issues, but that is not the reason for the immigration increases in this area.
    This is my experience too. There is a very large underclass of Anglo Saxon Trailor Trash in this country who will never work, who think the world owes them a living, who will cheat the system any way they can and who are too lazy to get off their ass and make something of their lives. If this scum was forced to work there would be no reason for EU migrants to come here as there wouldn't be any jobs for them. Before we start blaming the Poles, Lithuanians and any other Eastern European, we need to take a closer look at who's fault it really is.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Englishman2010 View Post
    Burn their houses
    It has been tried and tested, but they didn't leave....

This is my experience too. There is a very large underclass of Anglo Saxon Trailor Trash in this country who will never work, who think the world owes them a living, who will cheat the system any way they can and who are too lazy to get off their ass and make something of their lives. If this scum was forced to work there would be no reason for EU migrants to come here as there wouldn't be any jobs for them. Before we start blaming the Poles, Lithuanians and any other Eastern European, we need to take a closer look at who's fault it really is.
    everytime we place an advert looking for staff, hardly any locals apply. most the applications we get are from eastern europeans, they seem to be the ones that are looking and are willing to work.

Banned
    You are quite correct we do have enough rubbish of our own so why import more and compound the huge social and law breaking problems.

How about some of the vermin who have flooded in under the cloak of EU/Asylum/Labours Multicultural grab a vote free for all

"Dutch" Somali/Ethiopian Single Mothers with a tribe of offspring
    Romanian Pickpockets/ATM Fraudsters/Shoplifters/Child Traffickers
    Albanian Pimps and Gangsters
    Turkish Drug Runners
    Muslim Extremist "Students"

I think that's enough without getting onto Iraqis, Afghans, Ukrainians

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dedworth View Post
    You are quite correct we do have enough rubbish of our own so why import more and compound the huge social and law breaking problems.

How about some of the vermin who have flooded in under the cloak of EU/Asylum/Labours Multicultural grab a vote free for all

"Dutch" Somali/Ethiopian Single Mothers with a tribe of offspring
    Romanian Pickpockets/ATM Fraudsters/Shoplifters/Child Traffickers
    Albanian Pimps and Gangsters
    Turkish Drug Runners
    Muslim Extremist "Students"

I think that's enough without getting onto Iraqis, Afghans, Ukrainians
    I don't suppose for a moment that should any of the above descriptions actually be accurate that anyone invited them here. Illegal immigrants have been a problem for a long time and no-one yet has found a complete answer to it. We cannot simply close the borders but the latest controls, involving biometric passports and much tougher entry requirements will help.
    As a country we need to have a controlled level of immigration to ensure that we can maintain our services. Anyone who argues against that does not really understand the demographics. With our ageing population we cannot survive just by postponing the retirement age. Hopefully we can exclude the criminals through proper screening so I hope that you do not intend to classify all immigrants as "vermin". Rather a lot of us are married to one!

Banned
    Rather a lot of us are married to one!
    I belong to that club

As a country we need to have a controlled level of immigration to ensure that we can maintain our services. Anyone who argues against that does not really understand the demographics. With our ageing population we cannot survive just by postponing the retirement age. Hopefully we can exclude the criminals through proper screening so I hope that you do not intend to classify all immigrants as "vermin". Rather a lot of us are married to one!
    controlled immigration is needed not just for those coming from outside Europe, but also from the expanding EU.

The population of the UK will rise from 61m to 71.6m by 2033 if current trends in growth continue, the Office for National Statistics (ONS) has said.

Just over two-thirds of the increase is likely to be related directly or indirectly to migration to the UK.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/8318010.stm

yes most of us are married to an immigrant on this forum, but that should be your legal right to be with your spouse, that's totally different from people 'over staying' their visa, working illegally, 'studying' at a fake college, or coming to the uk legally or illegally marrying some eastern European and being allowed to stay here or being guilty of frustrating Immigration laws..
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Can we get back to the main topic that Manchester is a 'ole?

Respected Member
    Actually I thought the thread was about Peterborough. I once heard it said that Manchester was a very good place to go to die, as the transition from life to death was hardly noticeable.

I completely agree about the need to moderate the level of EU immigration, and I guess many politicians do too, but how to achieve it is the problem. Keeping out those who abuse the system cannot be argued against but again it is how to manage it. Everyone wants to do it, and I think some of the latest measures will make a big difference. If you have anything to do with overseas student visas, as I do, you will know just how that system was being abused and how the new regulations have tightened it up. Unfortunately it also means that the door is firmly shut on most Filipinos managing to find a way to get over here, whilst still being wide open to everyone from the east of Europe, where the controls on who actually qualify seem pretty lax. We have plenty of Russians in Wisbech, and they only get in through claiming the citizenship of places like Latvia and Estonia.

Devon - no - Oxford - no - Stalybridge - no - errr - UK
    I usually stay clear of political and religious discussions - as those of you who know me will testify.
    The reasons I do so are:-

1. Philosophical viewpoints are just that! There is no right or wrong.
    2. Social viewpoints are, once again, mainly biased - and arguments can be put for or against - perhaps with evidence taken from the media.

There are usually simple, but inconclusive answers to views made in these two highly volatile subjects. We do, however, tend to OVERestimate our own views to the point of thinking that OUR views and ideas are the correct ones. Like politicians, we feel that WE have the answers.

Now, we all know that the politicians (whom most of us elect in the first place) are a bunch of promise-breaking liars - that's how they get into power in the first place - however - electoral systems the world over (only in so-called democracies I must add!) brainwash the electorate! Why else would you put your X next to a person you:-

a) Have never met.
    b) Don't know from Adam
    c) Don't REALLY believe they will do what they promise to do.

The need to moderate the level of EU immigration stems from successive, pathetic a**e-licking governments that we have had to tolerate since the 1970s. (Philosophical viewpoint!)

It is now, of course, too late to do anything about this situation. A repeal will take a generation to be effective - and so we must, I'm afraid, 'take what we've got!'

I sit here, as a married man, with overwhelming sadness because the woman I love remains 7,000 miles away from my embrace - but that is the system - I must abide.

However, I do know this - and that is that I shall leave this so-called democracy as soon as I possibly can! If and when I can get Hanna over here, I shall allow her the opportunity of making her judgement - if she wants to stay - so be it - but, knowing Hanna as I do, after three years of marriage, I somehow doubt it!

Al.
    Pressed rat and warthog closed down their shop!

We have plenty of Russians in Wisbech, and they only get in through claiming the citizenship of places like Latvia and Estonia.
    well that's no surprise, the Baltic's are full of Russians, if i remember correctly the Baltics were only ever free from being ruled by another country btw the 2 world wars and until the collapse of the soviet union in 1991.

i use to work with a guy who said he was born in Russia and he claimed to have grown up in Lithuania, but was always cagey when i asked him about visa's etc and about Lithuania (my parents are from Lithuania) so there probably is a 'scam' where Russians are claiming citizenship of a Baltic state which enables them to work anywhere in Europe..

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by joebloggs View Post
    well that's no surprise, the Baltic's are full of Russians, if i remember correctly the Baltics were only ever free from being ruled by another country btw the 2 world wars and until the collapse of the soviet union in 1991.

i use to work with a guy who said he was born in Russia and he claimed to have grown up in Lithuania, but was always cagey when i asked him about visa's etc and about Lithuania (my parents are from Lithuania) so there probably is a 'scam' where Russians are claiming citizenship of a Baltic state which enables them to work anywhere in Europe..
    Some of these scams are state sponsored - Romania has given citizenship to a million Moldovans (Europes poorest country) - no prizes for guessing where that lot will be heading for jobs, benefits, healthcare and housing. The other EU nations have disgracefully pretended not to see this going on for "political" reasons.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...n-Britain.html

El Dorado

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information