Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

registering emma

just a rant coming on, we pay the visa cost, not cheap, and we are so exceited that our partners are here, but thats just for the time of 6 months then we pay again then after 2 more years we pay again, what the hell for?????, went to the doctors to register emma, filled the forms and away we went , have i got proof she lives at my address???? she just moved here saturday? well how do we know she lives there, she needs a letter with her name on it, a utility bill , council tax bank account, all these so called letters what a letter saying she lives here, what a stupid way,why cannot the goverment give a letter after we have paid our visa fee, they do all the checking and all about myself , were emma will live can i afford to keep her, so come on why cant there be somesort of letter saving time and heartache too, there just said it , hope all is having a great day too

Myrna got a letter from the heathrow health control clinic telling her to register with a local GP- this arrived about a week after she had got here

did Emma have a TB scan at the airport do you know?
    is she did she will get the same letter i expect

if not they should still accept her regardless - just a bloody receptionist being a jobsworth i suspect

no scan sparky, have told the council tax about emma being here but when i went down to say that my payment has stayed the same asnd why??? they said they know emma is here and will get round to sending out a new letter with her name on it , just have to wait for that, i tried to get my gas and elect changed to her name too but what a rigmarole that , stop my direct debit and start all over again , but em has no back account , dear dear me , we try to be honest about all

well mate we will be going thru all the same crap in 2 years time when we will be applying for the ILR

i have started a file already that i put any corrospondence with Myrnas name on it- that includes the health letter and also a letter from the Dept of work an pensions re her NI number

As I mentioned a while back, you should open a bank account well before her arrival, and then when she gets here turn it into a joint account with her name on it. Gets you the official name-on-paper pretty quick.
    Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

Quote Originally Posted by stevewool View Post
    no scan sparky, have told the council tax about emma being here but when i went down to say that my payment has stayed the same asnd why??? they said they know emma is here and will get round to sending out a new letter with her name on it , just have to wait for that, i tried to get my gas and elect changed to her name too but what a rigmarole that , stop my direct debit and start all over again , but em has no back account , dear dear me , we try to be honest about all
    oh no steve,a chance of tax upgrade for you ...
    dont worry ,..u are not alone ...we will have the same prob as soon as i decided to start to work and have me register in the council
    ''Don't be serious..Be Sincere''

Quote Originally Posted by Win2Win View Post
    As I mentioned a while back, you should open a bank account well before her arrival, and then when she gets here turn it into a joint account with her name on it. Gets you the official name-on-paper pretty quick.
    great advice boss..but if my husband got in debt,,,i'll be responsible for it as well
    ''Don't be serious..Be Sincere''

Banned
    If the wife gets a job working for the company that her husband owns and is the director of, then, if a letter sent confirming employment, does that count as official correspondence, or is it just certain types of letters etc that count?

give emma a job james the perfect boss hubbard

change all the bills with both your names, get the council bill changed it will be the quickest for you
    i have learnt to do what my wife says!

Banned
    we all went thorugh that .... i used the council tax receipt as proof of address.. same document i used to open a bank account... ahhh.. the things you have to do for love

Not sure at the moment, east midlands, rice farm or manila
    Quote Originally Posted by sars_notd_virus View Post
    great advice boss
    TRouble I had was to get a bank account, joint or personal, the wife needed two forms of ID. One primary which is easy, a passport. The other secondary like a utility bill. TRouble is you can't get a utility bill with the wifes name on it until she has a bank account, can't gat a bank account until she has a utility bill!!! Ever decreasing circles.

I made a very near fatal mistake as I kept LIza basically invisible for the first year so when it came time to apply for her ILR and they ask for paperwork to show she's been living at same adress as me paperwork was very thin on the ground. But with the application I included a letter stating our problems with obtaining bank account, bills etc.

THey don't make it easy
    It's been emontional

just what i was trying to say, surely if the goverment are happy to take our money of us for the visa, then why cant they step in with a letter stating that the address we gave on the form, then we could use this as a form of id, simples

well steve as soon as grace and nathan came to uk in the first week i went to the local doctors and registered them all we did was walk in fill a simple form in the waiting room it took us abo ut 5 min handed it to the receptionist, she never asked for any proof just gave us an appointment for the following week for a check up, then i phoned up the goverment for a national insurance number last week got the form sent it off and now she recieved a national insurance number this morning, got her a tesco clubcard in her name she joined avon haha, just all these little things will help next week i go down the bank with her i think her health card and letters from the jobcenter should be ok will let you know on that one, just aslong as we keep getting mail each month for grace will provide good evidence when applying for ilr,

shane

ps try the clinic in borrowash to register emma thats the one we used was simple and fast

thanks shane did not think of the tesco clubcard a great idea, have i to bake a pudding tomorrow as emma says i have too

just what i was trying to say, surely if the goverment are happy to take our money of us for the visa, then why cant they step in with a letter stating that the address we gave on the form, then we could use this as a form of id, simples
    Common Sense doesnt prevail Steve............getting me wound up just thinking about it

Quote Originally Posted by James Hubbard View Post
    If the wife gets a job working for the company that her husband owns and is the director of, then, if a letter sent confirming employment, does that count as official correspondence, or is it just certain types of letters etc that count?
    hi james
    i have a lot of polish staff working in the store i work and they are always asking for letters to give to the bank to get a bank account (always lloyds tsb, the polish seem to like that bank). all the bank is after is thier name, address, when started work and that they have a contract with us. i have only been called by the bank once inregard to the letter and that was just to comfirm what was in the letter. so i know that they would accept a letter from a company as proof, not sure about if any governement department or doctor would. as i have only been asked to write ones to give to the bank.

Thats a good idea , i have a few diffrent bank accounts so should be an easy option to add my wife .

Is it law to register with a doctors that you need 2 forms of ID or just jobsworth people .

Quote Originally Posted by mistermatty View Post
    Is it law to register with a doctors that you need 2 forms of ID or just jobsworth people .
    Passport & name/address on a letter is all you should need.
    Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

great news got the letter this morning the council tax with mine and emmas name and address on 1 down lots to go

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by mikey73 View Post
    hi james
    i have a lot of polish staff working in the store i work and they are always asking for letters to give to the bank to get a bank account (always lloyds tsb, the polish seem to like that bank). all the bank is after is thier name, address, when started work and that they have a contract with us. i have only been called by the bank once inregard to the letter and that was just to comfirm what was in the letter. so i know that they would accept a letter from a company as proof, not sure about if any governement department or doctor would. as i have only been asked to write ones to give to the bank.
    thanks for that mikey

Banned
    great news got the letter this morning the council tax with mine and emmas name and address on 1 down lots to go
    great

hi there and thanks james

Or for proof of address simply put one or more of the utlities in her name before she arrives. Then when the bill arrives or a letter from them concerning this that or the other letter with proof of address.. AS BAB says Council tax normally quick of the mark and accepted by all organsations as good proof..
    Oh lord why did you make so many clothes and shoe shops

Quote Originally Posted by subseastu View Post
    TRouble I had was to get a bank account, joint or personal, the wife needed two forms of ID. One primary which is easy, a passport. The other secondary like a utility bill. TRouble is you can't get a utility bill with the wifes name on it until she has a bank account, can't gat a bank account until she has a utility bill!!! Ever decreasing circles.

I made a very near fatal mistake as I kept LIza basically invisible for the first year so when it came time to apply for her ILR and they ask for paperwork to show she's been living at same adress as me paperwork was very thin on the ground. But with the application I included a letter stating our problems with obtaining bank account, bills etc.

THey don't make it easy
    If you already get a utlity Bill adding your wife is not that hard southern electric i think it was wanted to speak to the wife on the phone they even asked me the number to call and when (i was at work at the time) so i think its more so they can record and use as a get out if something happens in the future.

Most let me add staight off or even via email. BT will only have a bill in one name or at least thats what they used to do.

I found women on the phone were most responsive from whatever background all i had to say is we are newly married and se has no proof of address etc. Most were happy to add on the leccy they put her name first once confirming I pay the bill she gets the odd free voucher for argos etc we get now and then

Regarding letters with the wifes name on it for ILR even a letter from Transport for london issuing her with an oyster card was accepted and was a godsend as it was from her first month in the country
    Oh lord why did you make so many clothes and shoe shops

i just got my wife a credit card added from my account, i told them she was on a spouse visa and they wasnt bothered as it was my account...maybe that will be a quick bill to get too
    i have learnt to do what my wife says!

hubby just changed his bank account into joint bank account (my name on it)..it only took 6 mins to do it..they just asked for my passport then thats it...just waiting for my bank pack within a week lol..now looks like hubby is regreting as im going to have a debit card, credit card and a check book ....shopping malls here i come

switch or stop your tv license in your name
    and buy it in hers (if no bank account you can buy it for her) www.tv licensing
    also
    dont forget to send by post not the email option
    or buy it at a paypoint shop (cash)

looks like you can change the name on the tv license online from this page
    quicker than the way we did

Thread Information