Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Thread: tax credits

Respected Member

tax credits

hi can anyone give advice on this please. my wife will hopfully be applying for spouse visa soon, we have two children 3 and 2 years old and they are registerd as british citizens with brit birth certs and passports and live in phils with my wife, i have been on the hm revenue web site and filled the online questionare, i am entitled to £3500 in tax credits from what i earn according to ther questionare, and im entitled to £33.70 family allowance per week, could i state this in my supporting letter to show i wiil have extra income coming in once they are here,or would it have a negative affect or adverse affect on application, just wondered if any members have done this and it helped on getting your wifes or husbands visa..

Not sure but in my opinion, i suggest not to declare that your planning to avail benefits once you have your family, i dont think it's a plus on the application. I dont know with others here??

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by evo76 View Post
    Not sure but in my opinion, i suggest not to declare that your planning to avail benefits once you have your family, i dont think it's a plus on the application. I dont know with others here??
    thanks evo76 for your advice, thats what i thought it would not be a plus on application as thinking the eco officer would think that im looking for benefits, although i am entitled to them. my wife has 2 refused applications b4 first family visit visa 2nd settlement visa that was mainly refused due to me not having strong finances. just thought it mite help with my finances next time. at the time of are last application my finances were not strong cuz had lots of hospital bills to pay for both kids(that my wife submitted at the time of last application)the biggest one was my 2nd chlid that was in icu at 36 days old with aspiration-resolving. congenital cystic adenomatoid malformation type 1 of the lungs and she had 2 have opperation to save her life that cost over 650,000 pesos in hospital bills. seems the eco officers dont take anything like this into consideration of granting visas, which i think is totally wrong.

They will know from your income that you're entitled to tax credits and family allowance if your wife and children are over here. As you don't actually have this income at the moment, I wouldn't mention it.

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by English Rose View Post
    They will know from your income that you're entitled to tax credits and family allowance if your wife and children are over here. As you don't actually have this income at the moment, I wouldn't mention it.
    thanks for that englishrose, hope they know im entitled to them when my wife applys again,maybe they did before maybe they didnt who knows what they decided at the last time

it will not give u credit for mentioning it as for my own opinion...they know that already that u will get them anyway once ur family are already there in the UK...better not mention it

Thread Information