Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

View Poll Results: Should This Site Help The Family With Their Donations Campaign?

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

3 50.00%
  • No

3 50.00%
    Respected Member John Chingford's Avatar

Family Can't Afford To Bring Killed Brit Home

Due to this sites copyright rules I have modified this news item but the essence of the contents has not changed:

The family of the British man and Filipina woman who were shot dead in Fil need help in raising thousands of pounds to bring the man's body home.

Relatives of the man, originally from Lincoln, said they cannot afford the cost of repatriation.

They have set up a Facebook campaign called "Bring our dad home" appealing for donations.

Incidentally, the Foreign and Commonwealth Office have confirmed their deaths and said consular assistance was being provided to the family.

Becky, daughter 21, said family have still been left "crying out for help" after trying "every official avenue".

"Not only has he been murdered, but his apartment has been ransacked and everything stolen," she said.

"This means not possible to have his personal belongings for memories."

They are hoping to raise £8,000 to repatriate his body so that they can give him the funeral he deserves and say their goodbyes.
    As the days of Noah were so shall be the coming of the Son of Man........ When You see these things happening, know that the time is close.
    Matthew 24 :

Check Out My Blogsite For Evidence Why The Bible Can Be Trusted

As he was married to a Filipina and they were both killed where they lived, why not let him be buried with his wife . Your report said body not bodies so maybe he would have preferred to be lain to rest next to his wife.

Very good point.

I am just reporting on this story but do not know anything about the family. I (like all of us I am sure) feel sympathy and compassion for the family because we all know what it is like to have UK and Fil family and relatives.

I know nothing about their personal reasons why the man's body should be repatriated in UK rather than be with his wife. Maybe both families have agreed to this.

Sorry for my lack of knowledge on this. Maybe others on this site know more. I was just letting everyone know about this campaign.
    As the days of Noah were so shall be the coming of the Son of Man........ When You see these things happening, know that the time is close.
    Matthew 24 :

From what I've read they are not married more news in this thread....

http://filipinaroses.com/showthread....ouples-targets
    Don't make promises when you are in JOY. Don't reply when you are SAD.
    Don't take decisions when you are ANGRY. Think twice, Act wise. BE happy.

Forgive my ignorance, but does it matter whether they are married or not when it comes to funeral arrangements? Would that really change things? Are there legal implications?
    Matthew 24 :

Respected Member
    Spain since 1988. My wife has been here since June 2006
    I just found this elsewhere in the forum:-

MANILA, Philippines - Police have arrested the suspect in the gruesome massacre of 5 people in Angeles City last July 22. Senior Superintendent Agrimero Cruz, Philippine National Police spokesman, said suspect Mark Dizon was arrested by a police team in La Union province around 4:10 p.m. Tuesday.

Why not have the body cremated here and sent back by DHL? Probably cost about 1.500 UK pounds.

Respected Member
    Spain since 1988. My wife has been here since June 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by fred View Post
    Why not have the body cremated here and sent back by DHL? Probably cost about 1.500 UK pounds.
    If one were going to do that why not by normal post.

Just checked on line. Show cremation in Phil about 28,000P = about £400 and then plus postage to UK. Yep, if one wanted to go down that line, pretty cheap.

Having said that, I have written into my Will that I should be disposed of by the cheapest method possible and I do not expect anyone to be at my funeral. Be nice to me now, not when I am dead !

In passing (excuse the unintended pun) When my brother was murdered in UK a few years ago, I was told by the Coroner's officer to 'shop around.' I buried my brother for half the first quoted price, with the same plot, priest, cars etc..

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by johncar54 View Post
    If one were going to do that why not by normal post.

Just checked on line. Show cremation in Phil about 28,000P = about £400 and then plus postage to UK. Yep, if one wanted to go down that line, pretty cheap.
    You might find it's a rip off clause (DHL are very adept at this) written into the carriers conditions about transporting human remains. Easy way round it would be to pack securely and declare as garden fertilizer.

Easy way round it would be to pack securely and declare as garden fertilizer.
    In a way I suppose that would be a truthful declaration although its probably illegal to export fertiliser or certain garden products without a licence!!
    What about potash?

Even better than I thought!
    Problem is that it might not be easy for a UK based family to organise.. Im sure there must be lots of Brit expats in Angeles that would help organise it if they were asked..
    Also..What are the UK embassy's responsibilities?? If any?

Banned
    What about Lechon?

What about Lechon?
    Not really..Tastes far better before being incinerated to potash.

HE was not married to philopino girl he was living there part time and he was my dad and i wanted him back with me where he belongs

She didnt even love my dad and i sorry she died to but her family had her funeral and left my father so we had two choices leave him there alone or bring him home with his 3 children and 6 grandchildren

Thread Information