Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Newbie (Restricted Access) cutyloopz's Avatar

Anybody who filled an annulment case in phil,, can u share with me..

Hello to everyone!! i need you help..

I was Married with an American guy and we got civil Marriage here in Caloocan city 2007. We were living together 21 days.. when he back to the US. Our relation doesnt work very well we are always fighting and we never had change to see each other again..Now im planning to get annulment .

I need some help give me some advice and recoment the lawyer i can trust..

Banned
    i know this may sound patronising ... (sorry in advance)

but, can the marriage be saved?

Quote Originally Posted by cutyloopz View Post

I was Married with an American guy and we got civil Marriage here in Caloocan city 2007. We were living together 21 days.. when he back to the US. Our relation doesnt work very well we are always fighting and we never had change to see each other again..Now im planning to get annulment .

I need some help give me some advice and recoment the lawyer i can trust..
    Hi there!
    Maybe you wonna give your relationship another try. Start again and try to understand your husband's situaion.
    Getting an annulment is not the best option and going to that point is the most difficult thing to do.

You just got married and lived together in 21 days? I know the situation just like exactly mine, got married to a british national and he went back to the UK right after but we were prepared to whats gonna happen ahead of us and we kept strong to keep the love and relationship.

Sayang naman....
    I'm a cruel and heartless bitch but I’m damn good at it!

Newbie (Restricted Access) cutyloopz's Avatar
    We did try to fix our marriage many times, to settle things as we can,
    but it did not work, we end up realizing that we don't love each other
    anymore and 2 1/2 yrs we dont have communication that's why i'm planning to get annulment for me to move on and be open for the possibility for new love..

Anybody who filled an annulment case in phil can u share with me
    how did you do it? how's the process? how much did it cost and how long did it take?

I cant blame you if your dreaming of a better life with a better man but still your entire life is on hold. you want to start over, to have a happy marriage and happy life, but you cannot remarry until you are Annulled.

Annulment is simply a voided marriage. In the eyes of the Philippine government and the Catholic Church, an annulled marriage is a marriage that never really happened. It’s as if someone stepped into a time machine and traveled back in time and prevented the marriage from ever occurring. This is different from divorce, where everyone agrees there was a marriage, but that the divorce “ends” the marriage. Divorce terminates something that really existed – a marriage. Annulment points out that there never really was a marriage, thus there’s no need for divorce, and nothing to prevent the individuals in the annulled marriage from marrying again. Well, not exactly “again”, since the first marriage never happened, right? You get the idea.??

Grounds for annulment is stated in the Art 45 of the The Family Code of the Philippines
    http://www.bcphilippineslawyers.com/...e-philippines/

I'm afraid being separated from your spouse with or without communication is not grounds for annulment..it does not matter how many years you are separated. There is no law that annuls or void a marriage automatically''...Only a judge in a court of law can annul,void or nullify a marriage

Anyway,theres no point in suggesting a lawyer/solicitor if its far away from where the marriage took place(it wil be more expensive)...am sure theres one trusted solicitor near ya so just do a search hope this helps you
    ''Don't be serious..Be Sincere''

This may sound typical but many people knows that making a marriage work requires many years. I'm sure you can relive the reason why you got married in the first place.

I am sure that you everyone here got married because they fell in love. Relive it and hope that it will turn things right. Talk it over and go back to that very day when you agreed to say "I do" and promised to love each other till death do you part.

Wort it out with you partner. Even though how long and far the distance, as long as you remain steadfast with your love then for sure you can make it work. Prayers are vital for this kind of situation.
    Life as we make it

Trying to save your marriage is not bad idea, but after all is your decision.

Without being an expert, I believe when a marriage between a foreigner and a Filipinos national ends in divorce, also the Filipinos partner is entitled to the same treatment. The Filipinos laws cannot forbid a divorce to a foreigner married to Filipinos spouse.
    Check this link
    http://jlp-law.com/blog/annulment-di...s-and-answers/

You need a lawyer for this, good luck.

We did try to fix our marriage many times, to settle things as we can,
    but it did not work, we end up realizing that we don't love each other
    anymore and 2 1/2 yrs we dont have communication that's why i'm planning to get annulment for me to move on and be open for the possibility for new love..

Anybody who filled an annulment case in phil can u share with me
    how did you do it? how's the process? how much did it cost and how long did it take?

Hi!
    I filed an annulment last November 2009 here in Pangasinan and paid less than 200k for 4 months.
    Some cases could take a year it depends on the package deal with your lawyer. I mean the contract. The longer it takes the cheaper you pay.
    But if you want it rush they do this kind of thing "under the table" and you get your annulment in a few months.
    First you need to have a strong grounds for filing an annulment. I think the best ones now is what they called psychological incapacity.
    You will have to be interviewed by a Phychologist and will ask you to relate the history of your relationship and how did it end.
    I dont know about your case but this is based from my experience.
    Just be very carefull in choosing a lawyer as they can rip you off and will wait for ages.
    Goodluck and i wish you all the best.

Newbie (Restricted Access) quirkyone's Avatar
    psychological incapacity is the only ground for annulment which is very hard to prove unless ur ex cooperates and made everything look he is crazy hurting u emotionally and physically unlike divorce u can just use the grounds like cultural differences etc...

they havent spoken for over 2 1/2 years why would they try to make the marriage work

why have you left it so long and you should get him to sort it out with you
    i have learnt to do what my wife says!

Quote Originally Posted by quirkyone View Post
    psychological incapacity is the only ground for annulment which is very hard to prove unless ur ex cooperates and made everything look he is crazy hurting u emotionally and physically unlike divorce u can just use the grounds like cultural differences etc...
    If you 2 have not been in contact for 2 and a half years there can be other grounds to file an annulment. You can explain that to your lawyer and its not all about psychological incapacity. The lawyer will find a way so you can file an annulment.

Respected Member
    Spain since 1988. My wife has been here since June 2006

I was Married with an American guy and we got civil Marriage here in Caloocan city 2007. We were living together 21 days.. when he back to the US. Our relation doesn't work very well we are always fighting and we never had change to see each other again..Now im planning to get annulment ..

All the advice about trying make it work sounds great. My first marriage was mistake, but being Catholics we were stuck. After 25 years, I stopped believing in God and thus was no longer tied by the church rules. We got divorced and after another 20 years, I married my present wife.

There is confusion about annulment. As Sars says it means that in effect no marriage took place, it was void from the being. In the church, the rules for an annulment are much tighter than the law in RP. Annulment in RP is often divorce by another name. Thus a person who gets an annulment in RP in the court (not through the church) cannot remarry in the church. If the annulment was through the church they could.

OK so this case.

I do not have time now to do the research (off to do my stint as a volunteer translator) but I believe that in this case as your husband lives in USA he could divorce you in USA. It is probably very simple and cheap to do it there. As you would then be the 'innocent party' under RP law, after certain legal processes, you can be accepted as divorced in RP and be free to marry.

I am sure someone will point you in the right direction for further information on this. If not, I will do the research when I get home later today and post the result.

Yes, husband in America can file the divorce. And it is called Recognition.

People abroad do this now and they only come to the Philippines to get the Divorce recognize. Im not sure if the judges will have to stamp your Absolute Decree or the Solicitor General. And get it registered at the NSO.

Thread Information