Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Thread: Co-Sponsor

hi everyone again...

i read on a link about co-sponsors...is it wise to get a co-sponsor when applying for fiancee /spousal visa?

my fiancee still lives with his mom...coz he's mom doesnt want him to leave, basically because she will have no one with her except my fiancee's step bro if he moves out. and i dont have a problem living with my soon to be mother-in-law too hehe (he does pay rent , food and stuffs to be fair)

His mom wants to co-sponsor for our accomodation whilst im there and i really think its very nice of her in trying to help us out...

She even wants to help co-sponsoring in the financial aspect, she's a single mom...so she gets money for that...is that gonna be a problem? is that considered public funds? i think it is tho....

Please give me some insights....

Thanks again...

In answer to this question

I am pretty sure its acceptable for a co sponsor to be involved, even though the co sponsor is in recept of public funds, however the main sponsor cannot be in receipt of public funds, as this would then involve the sponsor maintaining the applicant via public funds, clearly a situation not allowable under the current rules.

Its a good point though, I think there are certain circumstances where the sponsor can have some assisted public funds, but not through his or her main income, it has to be in addition to a main income, I think.

Thanks Pete...he hasnt been on receipt of public funds. Its gd to know that we now have the option of having his mom as co-sponsor. He's a window cleaner so self employed...are tax returns enough evidence to show his earning money?

Salamat

Originally posted by mavid@May 15 2005, 04:37 PM
    Thanks Pete...he hasnt been on receipt of public funds. Its gd to know that we now have the option of having his mom as co-sponsor. He's a window cleaner so self employed...are tax returns enough evidence to show his earning money?

Salamat
    Hi is this Emmy ??? I think you are also on Asawa Forum, If so, I sent you a follow up message to yours, however if its not you, in answer to your question, your fiance is a window cleaner, that is ok, window cleaners normally earn good money, his tax return would not be sufficient, he would need to produce evidence of his earnings, say over last 3 years, although I think they will just expect him to produce current bank statements, these are clear evidence of income, also if your fiance has his last 3 audited accounts, that will also help.

I suggest you let him know the following

Have to hand last 3 years audited accounts.
    Last 6 months up to date bank statements.

That should be sufficient evidence that your sponsor can support you, as for your question about a co sponsor, I dont think that will be required, unless your fiance is concerned that his income is insufficient to provide for you, if a visa is granted to you to come to UK

This is fortunately not the United States and therefore, there is no hard and fast rule, like for example 125% of poverty level.

I think normally the ECO's just look at the current bank statements, evidence of any savings, but most of all regular income coming in.

I hope that helps.

Yes Pete this is Emy! thanks for the follow up, i just read it. Whats an audited account? does he need an accountant for that? Im in charge for all the research on how to do stuffs by the way lol, I volunteered coz i know he's too busy working and writing his novel, if ur wondering why im asking all these and not him, coz i have observed...that most of the times its the guys doing all these...i just relay to him every information i can gather and i think would be great if he talks to someone who has experienced the process before Thanks for sending ur mobile number.

Going back to the co-sponsor, he lives with his mom...never rented a flat etc. So doesnt have any evidence to show regarding that aspect. So i thought, we shld get his mom as co-sponsor as she owns the house...and she willingly said yes. Thats why im asking ... He and her mom also have a joint account, is that any good also?

Originally posted by mavid@May 15 2005, 05:49 PM
    Yes Pete this is Emy! thanks for the follow up, i just read it. Whats an audited account? does he need an accountant for that? Im in charge for all the research on how to do stuffs by the way lol, I volunteered coz i know he's too busy working and writing his novel, if ur wondering why im asking all these and not him, coz i have observed...that most of the times its the guys doing all these...i just relay to him every information i can gather and i think would be great if he talks to someone who has experienced the process before Thanks for sending ur mobile number.

Going back to the co-sponsor, he lives with his mom...never rented a flat etc. So doesnt have any evidence to show regarding that aspect. So i thought, we shld get his mom as co-sponsor as she owns the house...and she willingly said yes. Thats why im asking ... He and her mom also have a joint account, is that any good also?

Whats an audited account? does he need an accountant for that?
    Ok Emmy, an audited account is done by your fiance's accountant, if he does not have one, he can get one in town, accounts normally cost about UK 180.00 per year, but his bank statements may be sufficient.

As for him living with his Mum, well, thats ok, we know someone else, who has been granted a visa living with his Mum, his filipina fiancee is here in UK.

His Mum would just have to send a letter of consent to your living with them, and that she is agreeable to it, and that you and your fiance have your own separate room in the house.

Simple really and straight forward, as for you doing the research, thats commendable, if you need any help, e mail me direct at ginapeterb@thebennetts.wanadoo.co.uk, I will do my best to help.

But I wouldnt worry too much about this, your priority is your anulment, you will not be able to go to UK and live with your fiance, until you are not married, as the British Embassy will do a background check on you with the NSO and your marriage will be detected.

Hope this helps

Thanks again...so just a letter of consent is needed... that makes it easier then...

I know we still have to wait for the results of my annulment... and im praying for its speedy trial and positive result.

I guess doing all these research helps me...try not to think bout my annulment procedure too much...its kinda stressful lol

Its good to know in advance what we need to do once im annulled

Its good to know in advance what we need to do once im annulled
    Hello Emy once again, I absolutely agree with you, its good to know what the next steps are, I found this helps you, to stay within the British-Filipino family, and everyone tends to encourage one another, I was on the telephone with Maurizo Delgado tonight in London, I had lost his number, but found it, He was saying how so many people came to the Forum and got help with their visa processing in one way or another, there partners are now in the UK, but mine still has yet to come, I dont begrudge that, if we can all help one another, its a good feeling, so you keep on coming back, and join in, and we will get to know you, we dont have many female contributors from the Philippines, so it would be nice if you joined in the gang, and become a regular, Keith and myself are always here, Rob and Elsa they are here, Peter comes on sometimes, and there is Paul and Jasmin, people are of course busy with work commitments, and holidays etc, but its good to keep in touch, at least when you achieve your anulment, you will have crossed that goal of your list.

Great to see you on today.

Hi again Pete...Goodluck! i know Gina will be with you soon... Yes being around people who has experienced and is still on the process of getting their love ones does help me a lot...feeds my brain lol people who at first are strangers to you but the next thing you know...are ur good friends now...isnt that great?

Hi Keith,Rob & Elsa,Peter, Paul & Jasmin... Hope u are all doin fine...

I remember my first post in here asking bout a tourist visa lol, and someone suggested that my fiance shld pay for my annulment,i think fiance heard it for some unknown reason ehehe, he is now paying for it lol and its filed,happy to say that things are progressing...and i hope soon enough ill be posting question how to get married in the phils lol...but i think all i need to is to read ur posts bout that lol

But for now, we need to be more patient...and me, wait for his next visit...which is 3 months from now yay! hehehe

Administrator
    Middle of May and we had a massive thunderstorm yesterday with hailstones :blink: No wonder I keep coming back to this wonderful country
    Regards,

Keith & Ping

Free Asian dating & forum - www.filipinouk.co.uk
    Subscription dating, 1000's of members - www.asiansingle4u.com
    Professional gambling & forum - www.win2win.co.uk
    Betting bot reviews - www.exchangebots.com
    Professional poker & forum - www.win2winpoker.co.uk
    Astronomy forum - www.astronomy-forum.co.uk
    Company site - www.win2win-limited.co.uk

Thread Information