Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Proof of relationship and returning to England together

Hi all, just a couple of quick marriage questions, ive tried searching but couldnt find enough detail.

What would constitute proof of relationship if we were talking on skype; how would we prove this?

Also, if i went to the Philipines and met the girl and her family and we decided we wanted to get married within the 21 days, could we return to england together? thanks in advance!

Hi John, my fiance wants the same way as you do, he wanted to take us back to UK after the marriage. But I don't think that would be possible, it will take a month for the SECPA copy of the Marriage Certificate, this will be needed in the spouse visa application. If you will extend your stay here for a month or two then maybe you could take your wife with you back to UK.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnUK View Post
    Hi all, just a couple of quick marriage questions, ive tried searching but couldnt find enough detail.

What would constitute proof of relationship if we were talking on skype; how would we prove this?

Also, if i went to the Philipines and met the girl and her family and we decided we wanted to get married within the 21 days, could we return to england together? thanks in advance!
    On SKYPE, try typing this on your message box "html" when you log on and you'll be able to see the dates and time fo your conversation.
    Highlight the whole conversation from whatever days you want...it can show you the ones from yesterday; the last seven days and the last 30 days.
    Then right click - copy - and paste it on a blank document and save it.

If you only have 21 days of stay in the Philippines you do not have enough time to bring your wife and children back in the UK.

First of all, when you apply for the marriage licence you will have to attend a seminar which takes only a day but the Civil Registry will require you to have the Attendance Certificate before they start to count the 10 working days before you get Marriage Licence and get married.

Secondly, the endorsement of the Marriage contract to the National statistics office can sometimes takes more than a month.

And lastly is the spouse visa application and the visa for the children. It will take time to gather all the required documents and the time waiting for the release of visas.

If you will read further about spouse visa, you will find out how fast or long it will take.

Hope that gave you bit of help.
    I'm a cruel and heartless bitch but I’m damn good at it!

Quote Originally Posted by aryM View Post
    Hi John, my fiance wants the same way as you do, he wanted to take us back to UK after the marriage. But I don't think that would be possible, it will take a month for the SECPA copy of the Marriage Certificate, this will be needed in the spouse visa application. If you will extend your stay here for a month or two then maybe you could take your wife with you back to UK.
    ok thanks aryM, so say we decide to marry, and i have all the necessary paperwork, we can get married, then we have to apply to the British Home Office for a spouse visa application which can take a couple of months to come through?

Can i ask what do you and your fiance intend to do?

Quote Originally Posted by -sillybilly- View Post
    On SKYPE, try typing this on your message box "html" when you log on and you'll be able to see the dates and time fo your conversation.
    Highlight the whole conversation from whatever days you want...it can show you the ones from yesterday; the last seven days and the last 30 days.
    Then right click - copy - and paste it on a blank document and save it.

If you only have 21 days of stay in the Philippines you do not have enough time to bring your wife and children back in the UK.

First of all, when you apply for the marriage licence you will have to attend a seminar which takes only a day but the Civil Registry will require you to have the Attendance Certificate before they start to count the 10 working days before you get Marriage Licence and get married.

Secondly, the endorsement of the Marriage contract to the National statistics office can sometimes takes more than a month.

And lastly is the spouse visa application and the visa for the children. It will take time to gather all the required documents and the time waiting for the release of visas.

If you will read further about spouse visa, you will find out how fast or long it will take.

Hope that gave you bit of help.
    Hi Sillybilly,yeah that was really helpful, thanks!

Immigration rules state you need to have met your partner at least once, its better if you have meet them more than once to help show your relationship is genuine.

so if your marrying in the phils, do what most of us do, get wed, come back and apply for a spouse visa, when she gets it, go to the phils and come back with her ..

or apply for a fiancée visa
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

ok thanks aryM, so say we decide to marry, and i have all the necessary paperwork, we can get married, then we have to apply to the British Home Office for a spouse visa application which can take a couple of months to come through?

Can i ask what do you and your fiance intend to do?
    One of the requirement for the spouse visa application is you NSO copy of your marriage certificate which will take around 3 to 4 weeks to by released by the NSO. After having that and all other necessary documents, you can then apply for spouse visa, which i think will take 3 to 4 weeks to be processed. My fiancé and I had finally decided to get married here in November and will apply for spouse visa later. Hopefully we can be in UK first quarter next year.

Quote Originally Posted by joebloggs View Post
    Immigration rules state you need to have met your partner at least once, its better if you have meet them more than once to help show your relationship is genuine.

so if your marrying in the phils, do what most of us do, get wed, come back and apply for a spouse visa, when she gets it, go to the phils and come back with her ..

or apply for a fiancée visa
    so this would mean 3 trips out to PI then Joe? ok, thanks

Quote Originally Posted by aryM View Post
    One of the requirement for the spouse visa application is you NSO copy of your marriage certificate which will take around 3 to 4 weeks to by released by the NSO. After having that and all other necessary documents, you can then apply for spouse visa, which i think will take 3 to 4 weeks to be processed. My fiancé and I had finally decided to get married here in November and will apply for spouse visa later. Hopefully we can be in UK first quarter next year.
    Thanks aryM

so this would mean 3 trips out to PI then Joe? ok, thanks
    you shouldn't really have a problem if you've only met once and get married , as long as you have good evidence spread over months..

but of course the more times you have met the better

not many people are refused a fiancée or spouse visa if you send the evidence your asked for (well over 90% get their visa)

those that might struggle to show their relationship is genuine are those who have met someone on holiday, get married or engaged then apply for a visa straight away.

but like i said you shouldn't have a problem if you've evidence of a genuine relationship..
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Quote Originally Posted by joebloggs View Post
    you shouldn't really have a problem if you've only met once and get married , as long as you have good evidence spread over months..

but of course the more times you have met the better

not many people are refused a fiancée or spouse visa if you send the evidence your asked for (well over 90% get their visa)

those that might struggle to show their relationship is genuine are those who have met someone on holiday, get married or engaged then apply for a visa straight away.

but like i said you shouldn't have a problem if you've evidence of a genuine relationship..
    ok, cool, thanks again Joe.

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by johnuk View Post
    hi all, just a couple of quick marriage questions, ive tried searching but couldnt find enough detail.

Also, if i went to the philipines and met the girl and her family and we decided we wanted to get married within the 21 days, could we return to england together? Thanks in advance!
    21 days no chance, try 2 or 3 years and your need thousounds of yer hard ernt money. Go to ur local pub and maybe you mite meet a girl then you could get married in 21days.....................

I would echo the advice to meet at least a couple of times before tying the knot.

Until you meet in person neither of you should make any commitment..
    Oh lord why did you make so many clothes and shoe shops

Quote Originally Posted by junior02 View Post
    21 days no chance, try 2 or 3 years and your need thousounds of yer hard ernt money. Go to ur local pub and maybe you mite meet a girl then you could get married in 21days.....................
    Meow.

*shoot claws*

Respected Member
    Meow.

*shoot claws*
    wow i didnt know cats could work computers... i just get straight to the point and with what i replied b4 regarding if you go 2 RP and meet a girl can i marry her and get her back into uk all in 21days..

Quote Originally Posted by junior02 View Post
    wow i didnt know cats could work computers... i just get straight to the point and with what i replied b4 regarding if you go 2 RP and meet a girl can i marry her and get her back into uk all in 21days..
    obviously having talked to her considerably before meeting her and her family.

Im hardly just going to go to PI and go to a nightclub and marry the first girl that smiles at me.
    I should have clarified that for the likes of you though.

For woman opinion, I think you need to enjoy your life being together first and know your mahal well coz married is for long life you cant spit it out immediately once you get in... Ups and downs are there in relationship but it is the ingredient to make you strong how you love each other.... good luck to your plan ..

ladybug & sim11uk

obviously having talked to her considerably before meeting her and her family.

Im hardly just going to go to PI and go to a nightclub and marry the first girl that smiles at me.
    I should have clarified that for the likes of you though.
    Talking online, phone or whatever, is very different to meeting in person...Be aware of that.
    Never rush into things Better to make several trips out there first...There's a lot of getting to know each other, to do.

hi there john i meet emma on the internet and we got talking and after so long we disided to meet just the once and now we are engaged and to be married that has took about 2.5 years to get to this point , good luck john

Thread Information