Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

DON'T worry about global warming... :-) Scaremongering rubbish!

(I personally feel that global warming is a scaremongering load of rubbish...it would be an ice age that would really mess things up!)

On a different website, I raised the question: If we actually TRIED to pollute the earth beyond repair, would we have the resources, the means to do it?

A geologist was good enough to give me this answer..

Mother Earth is far beyond our ability to destroy. We can really screw her over if we *REALLY* tried, sure, but it wouldn't take long for her to return to a certain happy equilibrium. Let's say that you just did everything possible that you can imagine. Crazy things. Somehow setting off every nuclear weapon at once. Releasing every methane hydrate in the ocean, popping every oil reservoir, setting fire to forests, dumping chemicals into the water, releasing biologic weapons, a totally fictional scenario where antimatter is created and large explosions go off, the atmosphere and oceans are all screwed with in composition... Man is eliminated.

Giver her... a century... two centuries? She'll have reached a new equilibrium. Would Earth look the same as we know it now? No. But would it be thriving? Yes. Earth is just simply too huge for us 6.8 billion people to destroy even if we devoted all the power of all the nations to try to do it.

Global Warming is real -- AND scaremongering at the same time.

The Solar System is not heating up. The Sun is still very comfortably in mid-life of a Main Sequence star. In roughly 5 billion years when it begins to die and enters its Red Giant phase, yeah, things will suck, particularly for the inner planets. But the Solar System is not warming.(end)

****Some people believe that global warming is NOT caused by greenhouse gases, but caused by the nature of our sun, something to do with the way black spots form on the sun is...(thought by some) to be making the whole solar system warmer. This is what our Geologist is refering to in his last paragraph...well he's actually dismissed the idea hasn't he..****

There are 7 Planes Of Existance:

7 — Material Plane: The earth, where you are right now.
    6 — Plane of Forces
    5 — Astral Plane
    4 — Mental Plane
    3 — Too mysterious to describe.
    2 — Too mysterious to describe.
    1 — Too mysterious to describe.

Couldn't agree more Nigel..

Ouch!! I actually just pinched myself.

Banned
    I found it rubbish as well because the two leading countries who supports global warming has huge problem about oil spill.

Oil is burning with monster smokes and millions of birds and sea creatures which they called endangered are now in danger!

That kinda defeats the point that human made global warming and human activity is already causing the planets 5th largest mass extinction. It's nothing to do with what we do to the planet, it's what we do to the LIFE on it.... which at the moment is wiping it out.
    Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

the planet changes over time and no matter what the human race does to it, it will eventually it will rectify itself?, the human race cause all the problems!
    i have learnt to do what my wife says!

Quote Originally Posted by bornatbirth View Post
    the planet changes over time and no matter what the human race does to it, it will eventually it will rectify itself?, the human race cause all the problems!
    Sure will, but that's no excuse for not correcting the problems we cause in the here and now rather than waiting till after what will eventually be the largest mass extinction in the history of the planet.
    Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

sadly corporations control the planet, so the planet is getting raped and now the 3rd world is catching up with the 1st world and doing the same causing more damage
    i have learnt to do what my wife says!

scaremongering nigel when http://www.terranature.org/methaneSiberia.htm
    and the Illuminati do little
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Win2Win View Post
    Sure will, but that's no excuse for not correcting the problems we cause in the here and now rather than waiting till after what will eventually be the largest mass extinction in the history of the planet.
    Exactly

i agree
    Absit invidia

DISCLAIMER: The information hereinabove may or may not be entirely accurate, relevant, forthright, verifiable, or coherent. KeithAngel, who shall herein be refered to as the 'Shining Beacon of Light', reserves the right to neither confirm, deny, justify, explain, or otherwise acknowledge any inquiry in regards to the validity, genuinity, construction, intent, and/or motive of any statements, gestures, and/or actions whether real, imagined, or transdimensional in origin. Further, the 'Shining Beacon of Light' shall be absolved of any and all legal, moral, and financial responsibilities for damages to life, limb, character, reputation, property, and/or business resulting from the usage, assimilation, incorporation, replication, and/or distribution of said statements whether partial, complete, misquoted, or imagined. This disclaimer remains in effect despite any discrepancies or claims as to its legibility, comprehension, interpretation, subliminal suggestiveness, political affiliation, legality, visibility, and/or physical presence

Keith Angel Eco Warrior!

Is this you Keith/Dave Angel?...Often reminds me of you.

Thread Information