Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Newbie (Restricted Access)

Post Why fiance visa and not spouse visa?

I am planning of marrying my fiance in October and returning here and applying for a spouse visa, lots of people seem to be marrying here in Britain, and going for a fiance visa, is it easier and why?

I am getting married there because she,her family and myself want us to be married in church, which is wonderful.

Thank you.

hi there dean , welcome too, well i am getting married here in england but if i could and have thought about it more i would love to have married emma there with her family, i have been told its cheaper with the visas , and what you raed on here its not easier seems like the same , it could be each to there own sort of thing ,hope this helps ,

Newbie (Restricted Access)
    Thanks Steve, I was just wondering why everyone seemed to be getting married over here, also do you know if I could get married over here after, as I know that the marriage over there is not recognized over here. if you understand that!! lol Thanks

never head that one dean, i am hoping to get a blessng over there and i cannot see why you cant have the same here , but someone will come along and point us both in the same direction, with me getting married here its just down to cost , flights there and back and accomadation plus time off work too , but emma understands i hope

Quote Originally Posted by Deanotheman View Post
    Thanks Steve, I was just wondering why everyone seemed to be getting married over here, also do you know if I could get married over here after, as I know that the marriage over there is not recognized over here. if you understand that!! lol Thanks
    ah! ive heard of this! I dont think you still need to get married in the UK when you are already married in the Philippines. All you need is your Marriage Certificate authenticated by the NSO then get it registered in the place that i forgot....sorry this is the problem! I will need to find out again as i wasnt taking it seriously as it was long way before we got married.
    But as soon as i get back in the UK (fingerscross) we will get our marriage registered.
    In short you dont need to spend another thousand quid for the UK wedding....just for the second honeymoon!
    I'm a cruel and heartless bitch but I’m damn good at it!

I am planning of marrying my fiance in October and returning here and applying for a spouse visa, lots of people seem to be marrying here in Britain, and going for a fiance visa, is it easier and why?

I am getting married there because she,her family and myself want us to be married in church, which is wonderful.

Thank you.
    Me and my husband were supposed to apply for a fiance visa but we went to see an immigration consultant and we were told that the easiest is to get a spouse visa.
    But actually it really depends on a couple what they prefer. They probably wonna be together and see how they get on first and decide later on if they really wonna get married.
    But they know themselves anyway within the 6 months if they will be walking down the isle or the fiancee flying back home.
    Getting married here in the Philippines can be cheaper, depends on your fiance what type of wedding she wants?
    As soon as you get married, get it registered at the NSO which takes about 3 weeks (mine did), and then change name of passport (optional). But its best to have her new passport using her married name so there be no question from anywhere. In that case she will have to have this guidance and counselling from the CFO. But you can leave that for the mean time. Then you head off apply for spouse visa.
    So your expenses will be your return flight to Philippines, your wedding, bits and bob for NSO and passports, spouse visa fee and her single ticket to the UK.
    Its all up to you mate...try compare the advantages of spouse from fiancee visa.
    Goodluck!

Quote Originally Posted by stevewool View Post
    never head that one dean, i am hoping to get a blessng over there and i cannot see why you cant have the same here , but someone will come along and point us both in the same direction, with me getting married here its just down to cost , flights there and back and accomadation plus time off work too , but emma understands i hope
    Hey Steve!
    Dont know what you have decided yet where to marry Emma, but incase you get married in the UK. Just an offer, my husband is a photographer and he will be teaching me soon as i wonna be a wedding photographer soon.
    Since hes only an amateur but have loads of experience he can offer you a verrrrryyyyy cheap wedding photos!
    Let me know...

not everyone is getting married over here, its your choice fiancee visa or a spouse visa..

your wrong, if the marriage in the phils is recognised in the phils (it was a legal marriage) its recognised in the UK and there is no need to register it in the UK
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Quote Originally Posted by joebloggs View Post
    not everyone is getting married over here, its your choice fiancee visa or a spouse visa..

your wrong, if the marriage in the phils is recognised in the phils (it was a legal marriage) its recognised in the UK and there is no need to register it in the UK
    Agree..
    I'm gonna experienced both soon

To Dea....Best Wishes
    Don't make promises when you are in JOY. Don't reply when you are SAD.
    Don't take decisions when you are ANGRY. Think twice, Act wise. BE happy.

Thread Information