Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Newbie (Restricted Access)

Can someone please point me in the right direction ? PLEASE

Hello Everyone,
    I met my girlfriend about 1 1/2 year ago. She was still married but her husband left her about 8 years ago for another woman. I agreed to help her in her annulment process. Well she went to a atty, there in manila and filed her annulment papers. so we thought. well to make a long story short He never did nothing but take our money, So we are back to the starting point. Can anyone please recommend a honest atty in the philippines (if there is such a thing) She talked to one this week in Manila and he said that it can be done for 250.000 pesos and it would take 6 months. I am just wondering if this is another scam or what. I am so worried about her getting scammed again. I have also heard that she needs to do all of the leg work. As if they find out a western man is involved the price will double. Please any help would be thankful.

this is serious. your lady best ask the barangay captain/mayor of locality in her area for assistance/refer an atty/judge to assist her instead of being scammed. It is better she approach those type of people that way she will be guided accordingly. getting an annulment here in the Phils can take up to 10 years. not to put you down but it is not easy, specially if they got married in church then goodluck to that.

... until I read the first respondent's reply to your introductory post, I'd never heard of the term 'atty' - and could only assume it was Filipino "slang" for an attorney - but I can see now, it's another word for a judge. Likewise, I'm not at all familiar with Divorce Law ... especially in countries like the Philippines where divorce per se is not recognised in the eyes of the Church and the only means of dissolving a marriage is to have it annulled.

However, you've come to the right "place" for advice ... since I'm sure there ARE members of this forum who've BEEN in a situation similar to your own and, consequently, will be better-equipped to guide you.

and Good Luck!

on night duty arthur
    looks like just you and me still awake
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Quote Originally Posted by joebloggs View Post
    on night duty arthur
    looks like just you and me still awake
    Ah ... that's one of the best things about being retired, Joe. I can always have a long lie ... and give Myrna the chance to use the computer and chat on webcam to her relatives and friends in the Phils - since she's often wide awake as I'm going to bed. Great for the old life, eh? :lol2:

i know what you mean, only time i can get on the pc and watch what i want on tv and

little joes keeping my side of the bed warm
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Hello and welcome aboard
    Just try to use search button type in annulment, lots of useful information on the previous thread started by members here who had similar problem like yours.
    Good luck!
    Marlyn & Kenny forever

I have a colleague in another branch who has been annulled twice I heard he had his annulment done in Cotabato City. If your gf is willing to give it a try then just tell me so I can give her more details.

Quote Originally Posted by eaglemedic101 View Post
    Hello Everyone,
    I met my girlfriend about 1 1/2 year ago. She was still married but her husband left her about 8 years ago for another woman. I agreed to help her in her annulment process. Well she went to a atty, there in manila and filed her annulment papers. so we thought. well to make a long story short He never did nothing but take our money, So we are back to the starting point. Can anyone please recommend a honest atty in the philippines (if there is such a thing) She talked to one this week in Manila and he said that it can be done for 250.000 pesos and it would take 6 months. I am just wondering if this is another scam or what. I am so worried about her getting scammed again. I have also heard that she needs to do all of the leg work. As if they find out a western man is involved the price will double. Please any help would be thankful.

Hi ya!
    I am a newbie here. I would like to offer my help. I just came back from the UK last October 2009 to file an annullment. But since i lived here in Pangasinan i have to file the case here.
    Our neighbor next door have recommended me a good lawyer and my annullment only took 4 months in total including from the decision and finality. But it cost me about P170,000 (under the table process), if you know what i mean. Normally it will take 6 to 8 months but i was in a hurry so i had to push my lawyer to make it quicker for me.
    If you are interested you can email at khlareece28@yahoo.co.uk.
    Its not a good idea to file an annullment in Manila as they will definitely rip ou off....trust me, ive seen loads of friends had a trouble with lawyers! they are such a pain even mine was, but i have to be firm and had to push him all the time. If he says 4 months then its 4 months! Thats how i was!
    If he needs money then i will ask him a definite date for our hearings!
    I went to file it last November then got the decision in February!
    Sometimes you just have to make the lawers feel that you cant fool them no matter how clever they are!
    If you have any question, give me a shout!

thanks oOokhlareeceoOo

I tried emailing you. But I guess you have not checked it yet. But anyway I would like to get some more info from you and ask you a few more questions on the atty you had...

thanks again everybody

Quote Originally Posted by eaglemedic101 View Post
    I tried emailing you. But I guess you have not checked it yet. But anyway I would like to get some more info from you and ask you a few more questions on the atty you had...

thanks again everybody
    Hi yes you are very welcome to ask for questions and i will try to answer. And i have read your email so far and i will try to get back to the lawyer that i know.
    I'm a cruel and heartless bitch but I’m damn good at it!

its that way
    i have learnt to do what my wife says!

Quote Originally Posted by bornatbirth View Post
    its that way
    Hey Mr Bornatbirth ive got a problem.
    I wonder if you can help me regarding my facebook account. Ive put my old facebook email add and now people are requesting for friendrequest but that one is empty.
    I have a different email add on my facebook acct but ive realized that ive put the old one in when i was filling up the registration
    Sorry for being a donkeyass!

i'm not a expert with facebook, can't you just change the email add or do you mean the facebook link on your profile, why not delete the old account but write down who added you and request from your new account
    i have learnt to do what my wife says!

Thumbs up Annulment (the right way to do it)

Hello there.

I am also a Newbie here and I have gone through the annulment proceeding years ago. In my time It only cost us 80k peso plus 2,500 per show to the case of my attorney. Unfortunately he no longer resides here in the Philippines. If you want you can check with the DOJ Department of Justice (that is a government justice system here) you can ask your girlfriend to go there and ask for assistance. You can check if they have an attorney in the house that will not cost as much as the private attorneys out there.

Hope this can help you guys resolve your problem.

Quote Originally Posted by bornatbirth View Post
    i'm not a expert with facebook, can't you just change the email add or do you mean the facebook link on your profile, why not delete the old account but write down who added you and request from your new account

the facebook link on my account here..
    i will try if i can still change it here..
    thanks so much!

Thread Information