Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Emergency Budget

So what do you all think about it now you've have time to figure what's in it?

I can't argue with the benefit cuts, although he should have gone further as he's only taken the money of those who already get paid a decent wad rather than those at the bottom of the ladder who use it as a lifestyle choice.

All the 'child' benefits should go. If you can't afford to have a baby you don't have one, it's that simple. If you want more money, educate yourself, and improve you own real world value. If you do end up having a baby then as with the majority of other countries on the planet, your FAMILY supports you, not the tax payer.

Corporation Tax coming down.... bit of a shock that one, but I'm not complaining.

VAT to 20%. No shock with that, regardless of what Labour say now they would have had to put it up anyway. Besides, when it dropped 2.5% no one noticed, so when it goes up 20% it'll be pretty much the same, the only thing we'll really notice it on is petrol and high end items, but if you can afford them then an extra 2.5% is squat.
    Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

Banned
    I presume that the usual shop stewards will moan about it, but from my point of view, although it affects me in some aspects, is rather fair and well thought.
    Yes you are correct, Keith, Labour would have had to go the same way, but not far enough, at some stage, and probably too late to save the country's economy from imploding.

I'm in agreement too with most of it,would have like to see local councils stop paying taxi fares to get kids to school who are not on bus routes while their often well off parents leave the 4x4 in garage!

Quote Originally Posted by lestaxi1 View Post
    I'm in agreement too with most of it,would have like to see local councils stop paying taxi fares to get kids to school who are not on bus routes while their often well off parents leave the 4x4 in garage!
    Does that really happen or was it something you read in the Daily Mail or the Daily Express?

Respected Member
    25% cut to local authorities, lets hope they cut costs wisely and sensibly.

... well, we WERE forewarned it was gonna be a tough Budget!

Quote Originally Posted by RickyR View Post
    25% cut to local authorities, lets hope they cut costs wisely and sensibly.
    Hopefully a lot will be saved by the imposed limits on housing benefit for rented accommodation

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete/London View Post
    Hopefully a lot will be saved by the imposed limits on housing benefit for rented accommodation
    That's one of the best bits of this budget, I always feel like throwing up when I read of Ms Somali plus her 5 kids in a £12k per month Mayfair gaff

An awful lot of landlords have been made very rich by the previous governments, the sell off of social housing and the opening of the floodgates for entry into UK.
    Not against anyone making money, just against the taxpayer always footing the bill. The caps announced should apply to London and other areas scaled down accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete/London View Post
    Not against anyone making money,
    I AM ... when it applies to unscrupulous landlords - often "posing" under dubious surnames, e.g., 'Mr Ahmed', &c. - buying-up sub-standard properties [mainly flats] in old tenement buildings, renting them out to the likes of young, vulnerable Filipina care workers and "holding their tenants to ransome" with some equally questionable leasing agreement(s). This sort of thing actually happened to friends of ours!

Quote Originally Posted by IainBusby View Post
    Does that really happen or was it something you read in the Daily Mail or the Daily Express?
    yes it does I pick them up and it's charged to local authority

I know of some families who have made huge amounts out of renting out places and basically screwing over those who are unable t argue
    Looks like they gonna get hit twice first with reducded payments and the cgt increases.. My heart bleeds for them

Although i recgonise the need to invest in the future at all levels i do seriously wonder at some peoples lack of worry at huge debts being created plenty of people who thought they could spend their way out of debt with more debt in a lot of trouble at the moment...
    Oh lord why did you make so many clothes and shoe shops

Thread Information