Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by darren-b View Post
    Don't think so.. Where you get them from is irrelevant, it's UK duty that would need to be paid if you take them into take UK.
    Thats what I thought..
    It seems that in Australia a BIR receipt for ciggs purchased abroad will exempt further taxes on arrival..Or so Im told.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by fred View Post
    Thats what I thought..
    It seems that in Australia a BIR receipt for ciggs purchased abroad will exempt further taxes on arrival..Or so Im told.
    I somehow doubt it............ give up, enjoy a longer life and save money

Stupid and idiot are both strong and offensive words.IHMO
    They were meant to be...

Quite justified IMO as Northerner is a long standing member here and I for one trust that his account is perfectly accurate.
    If this woman is a member here then of course she has the perfect right to defend her position.

I thought spanish regime was over in the Philippines!
    We defeated the Spanish and tolerate freedom of speech!!

Banned
    Northerners a stand up guy and if he can afford a trip to the Phils and is good enough to agree taking packages at the expense of leaving his own things at home he isn't going to mess around nicking things like memory cards. And tea bags, hardly worth her mentioning after she got a good deal anyway.

I think Fred was being pretty kind with his choice of words

wheres this thread going??

they are both stupid for trusting complete strangers, him for taking the stuff and her for giving it to him
    i have learnt to do what my wife says!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by bornatbirth View Post
    wheres this thread going??

they are both stupid for trusting complete strangers, him for taking the stuff and her for giving it to him
    Might be!

They were meant to be...

Quite justified IMO as Northerner is a long standing member here and I for one trust that his account is perfectly accurate.
    If this woman is a member here then of course she has the perfect right to defend her position.
    We defeated the Spanish and tolerate freedom of speech!!
    There are long standing respected member here that still get banned so I dont depend with seniority. Giving her right to defend her side is great but if you are not willing to accept the other side opinion, then you don't deserve to use freedom of speech. IHMO

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by pennybarry View Post
    Might be!

There are long standing respected member here that still get banned so I dont depend with seniority. Giving her right to defend her side is great but if you are not willing to accept the other side opinion, then you don't deserve to use freedom of speech. IHMO
    Is she a friend of yours Penny? Sean said she was a member here, ask her to drop by and give her side

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by triple5 View Post
    Is she a friend of yours Penny? Sean said she was a member here, ask her to drop by and give her side
    Objection your honour!
    Was a member or still member but not active?
    To be honest I don't know her and if I know her, I will name names.
    Just trying to uplift the morale of my kababayan and be biased to both of them.
    I hope nothing wrong with it.

Banned
    You have got off lightly, Northerner.
    Count your lucky stars

Awww don't get mad pal! I guess it's just a misunderstanding really! You stole her tea bags?! And now there's trouble 'brewing' (the jokes get worse don't they eh?)

I once packed a new MP3 player for my Vimvie when I travelled to Philippines I had quickly checked that all the stuff was in the box before taking it to Philippines, Headphones, USB lead etc..it was all there! (If there was bits missing I would have wanted to take it straight back to the shop before going to Philippines you see..)

But it was all there! When I got to Philippines the headphones were missing! There's no way they weren't in there I checked! So somewhere along my flight travels (which was Singapore then Davao) somebody must have got in the bag and stole the headphones but nothing else!!

I swear that story is true...it's just strange and baffling!

There are 7 Planes Of Existance:

7 — Material Plane: The earth, where you are right now.
    6 — Plane of Forces
    5 — Astral Plane
    4 — Mental Plane
    3 — Too mysterious to describe.
    2 — Too mysterious to describe.
    1 — Too mysterious to describe.

you should of used positive thinking and thought "i hope nothing gets stolen from my luggage, well at least i have insurance if my positive thinking doesnt work"?

I reckon it was the butler in the dining room....
    Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

Banned
    Too many points to cover, so apologies for not quoting everyone in this reply...

Penny, you're right. there are two sides to every story. when I got my (oh, so long) email from this lady late last year, my reply was also very long and I would say in hindsight a little rude. And if she comes back to this forum and reads this then I am sure she will respond, although I doubt she will. But my point is that (aside from the tea bags) I took nothing! My intent when making the offer to make a delivery for her was simply because I thought she might want to send some personal items to her three sons back home.

To add some history to all this, she is the Aunt to my ex (through close friendship rather than blood) and was the person who tipped me off that my ex had cheated on me. I also had gotten to know one of her sons online and his (then) girlfriend and had met up with them a few times in Cebu.

I even took two of her sons and one of their girlfriends with me to Barili for the weekend and paid all their expenses and made sure they had plenty of food, drink and paid their way home and gave them money so that from the Bus terminal in Cebu they could get a taxi the rest of the way. I don't recall any money mentioned at this time, despite it being after I had already handed over the parcels..

when I was in Valencia, Mindanao. I spoke with her on Yahoo from an internet cafe and she then informed me for the first time there was money in those bags and that one of her sons (or a cousin) was complaining that theirs was missing. I thought little of it, assuming that either it was a mistake on either her part having not sent enough money or had given too much to another within their parcel/bag.

In all I met all three of her sons. On my final day I met her eldest who brought along the DVD/KTV player who put the items in my case as I checked out of the Marriott (I was their watching him and helping to tuck the DVD player in, wrapping it in clothes to shield it a little).

When I sent my long email reply I also sent a photo of the receipt or seizure notice I was given from the customs officer, clearly showing the items listed. However, since my photograph of this did not have my name on it (I was too eager to capture the HM customs logo and the listed items), she has taken this as evidence that I somehow obtained a seizure notice from customs and used it as a decoy of sorts

Also, because I found a memory card in the back of the suitcase this now appears as some kind of proof that I stole from her. How this works logically, is beyond me

Respected Member
    Thats what I thought..
    This is from the Australian customs website about what you can take in duty free.

If you are aged 18 years or over, you can bring 250 cigarettes, or 250 grams of cigars or tobacco products duty-free into Australia with you. All tobacco products in accompanied baggage are included in this category, regardless of where or how they were purchased."

Be aware that if you exceed Australia's duty-free concession limits you will be charged duty and tax on all items of that type (general goods, alcohol or tobacco), not just the items which exceed the limits.

considering you know each other, makes this topic even worse, why did you not say anything when she gave you all that stuff being to much

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by bornatbirth View Post
    considering you know each other, makes this topic even worse, why did you not say anything when she gave you all that stuff being to much
    Was being nice

Northerner...
    Hopefully you can just learn from this ignoramus and move on..
    I dont do favours here for Filipino`s any more as from past experience I usually end up getting the blame for interfering!!
    You couldn't make it up!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Northerner View Post
    Too many points to cover, so apologies for not quoting everyone in this reply...

Penny, you're right. there are two sides to every story. when I got my (oh, so long) email from this lady late last year, my reply was also very long and I would say in hindsight a little rude. And if she comes back to this forum and reads this then I am sure she will respond, although I doubt she will.
    I understand now why she asked favour to you.
    She's not a stranger but your GF relative.
    Most of us doesn't ask favour to white people as much as possible but prefer to ask favour to our kababayans as deep inside in our heart we know exactly each others' feeling of they so called "padala".

I understand your girlfriend feeling now.
    She's in the middle of two hard stones as I'm sure she respects her aunt.
    Her fault was she didn't tell you everything what was inside.
    There must be list and must show you the stuffs.
    Your fault was you didn't ask what's inside and ask list.
    Too bad as you had a bad start but I believe,
    you'll understand each other in the end if you will stop throwing bad words with each other.
    No more accusations and no more bad words will help you reunited.
    You've been good to her and I'm sure, you'll get repay in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by pennybarry View Post
    I understand now why she asked favour to you.
    She's not a stranger but your GF relative.
    Most of us doesn't ask favour to white people as much as possible but prefer to ask favour to our kababayans as deep inside in our heart we know exactly each others' feeling of they so called "padala".

I understand your girlfriend feeling now.
    She's in the middle of two hard stones as I'm sure she respects her aunt.
    Her fault was she didn't tell you everything what was inside.
    There must be list and must show you the stuffs.
    Your fault was you didn't ask what's inside and ask list.
    Too bad as you had a bad start but I believe,
    you'll understand each other in the end if you will stop throwing bad words with each other.
    No more accusations and no more bad words will help you reunited.
    You've been good to her and I'm sure, you'll get repay in the future.
    i thought it was a ex gf and didnt the filipina start it....see no evil, hear no evil etc....

Respected Member
    lesson learned. if you ever want to help someone bring her PADALA to relatives, ALWAYS check the package. airport staff always ask us, "did you personally pack your luggage?"

a friend of mine sent me some gifts through a PAL pilot friend. when i got it, it's already in a plastic not the box my friend originally put it in. it was okay, that is for my pilot friend's security too...i just lost the address written on the box
    Everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, it's not the end.

Whatever is meant to be will always find its way.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information