Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Newbie (Restricted Access)
    There is plenty of advice on this and other websites about how best to bring your Filipino girlfriend into the UK, and what papers etc are required. BUT ......

My problem is that I have started a relationship with a Filipino girl who is already here in the UK. She entered with a valid visa and a work permit. We are planning to get married here in the UK, but she is worried because she believes she may be deported back to the Philipinnes (her Filipino friends here in the UK warned her of this). Do I have grounds to be worried? Or, more to the point, does she?

Her children are still in the Philippines, and she is supporting them financially from here in the UK.

So, I guess we can't just pop down to the local Town Hall and tie the knot like most folks?

Any advice would be most welcome.

Administrator
    As the rules change daily contact the HO directly here http://www.ind.homeoffice.gov.uk/ind/en/ho..._enquiries.html?

Then you have the best info. As long as you do it by the book she won't have to go back, only when you try to fiddle the system do they send them home.

The HO have to issue a licence for you to marry now, so they will probably ask you to apply for that.
    Regards,

Keith & Ping

Free Asian dating & forum - www.filipinouk.co.uk
    Subscription dating, 1000's of members - www.asiansingle4u.com
    Professional gambling & forum - www.win2win.co.uk
    Betting bot reviews - www.exchangebots.com
    Professional poker & forum - www.win2winpoker.co.uk
    Astronomy forum - www.astronomy-forum.co.uk
    Company site - www.win2win-limited.co.uk

Originally posted by agent007uk@Mar 3 2005, 10:34 AM
    There is plenty of advice on this and other websites about how best to bring your Filipino girlfriend into the UK, and what papers etc are required. BUT ......

My problem is that I have started a relationship with a Filipino girl who is already here in the UK. She entered with a valid visa and a work permit. We are planning to get married here in the UK, but she is worried because she believes she may be deported back to the Philipinnes (her Filipino friends here in the UK warned her of this). Do I have grounds to be worried? Or, more to the point, does she?

Her children are still in the Philippines, and she is supporting them financially from here in the UK.

So, I guess we can't just pop down to the local Town Hall and tie the knot like most folks?

Any advice would be most welcome.

Hello,

Do yourself a favour, dont try and do that, although she meets the residency requirement, she is here on a work permit, and a 2 year one I would imagine, which is a temporary admission, if you try attempt to marry in the UK, it will be ok for a while, but she has to apply for an adjustment of status, you will need to contact the Home Office Immigration and Nationality division for advice on this, but as far as I am aware, she must return to Manila to apply for entry clearance as a fiancee, you will need evidence of relationship, photos, letters, proof of your relationship, and anyway, you wont be able to just pop down to the town hall, you have to give notice of your intention to marry, which is 21 days, before you can obtain a marriage licence, but be careful, the Home Office will take a dim view of it, if they think you are trying to get around UK immigration laws.
    If in doubt, you need to go to Home Office, Lunar House, Wellesley road, Croydon, the numbers are on the forum in the Uk Citizenship section.

Hope that helps,

If you want to have a chat about it...let me know and I will supply you my mobile phone on the Personal message service

I have just thought of something else, the Home Office will also want to know why are her children in the Philipines, who is taking care of them, and also, are the children coming to UK, if not ? why not ? they wont like the idea of her children being left there, while she works here, even less so, when you decide to marry, they will take the view that the children should be with the Mother, as Forum Admin says, you need to really check your position with the Home Office, its likely as Keith says, that they may allow your marriage, and allow your partner to stay in the UK, however, as Forum Admin says, you will need to apply anyway through a special regional centre from 1st February 2005, as the home office will want to scrutinize the application, this was brought out to prevent EEC nationals being used for bogus marriages.

I know its a bummer, but sadly, its been brought out as a protection, the fee is higher as well I understand.

If we can help anymore get in touch.

Thread Information