Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Our annulment timeframe

This is in Bulacan:

11/2009 Sent Money - 250k
    12/2009 Case opened with attorney
    01/2010 Psych Interview & Report
    02/2010 Case Filed at court
    03/2010 Sheriff delivered summons
    04/2010 Waiting for husband's appeal - none was made
    05/2010 Fiscal investigation
    06/2010 Pretrial
    07/2010 Meeting judge/fiscal/attorney
    08/2010 1st hearing - wife/husband in court
    09/2010 2nd (and last) hearing - psychologist in court

??/???? Verdict

Of course after the verdict the VISA proceedings will start - first she will have to get all the papers/permissions from her husband to take her son with her to Europe. So we depend on his cooperation... Open end, I guess? :(

Quote Originally Posted by sm1971 View Post
    This is in Bulacan:

06/2010 Pretrial

??/???? Verdict
    timeframe varies, if the proceedings go smoothly, at least 7 months but there is no guarantee to that. There are factors that need to be taken into consideration that could delay the procedure such as but not limited to court-sanctioned postponement of hearings, and justifiable absences of State Prosecutor, if any.
    ''Don't be serious..Be Sincere''

Good luck to you..............im still waiting for decision , trial finished in January, its just a waiting game im afraid

Geez, Laurel, that's shocking... We hope to get a verdict until December - my asawa-to-be is keeping our atty on his toes.

Do you know why it is taking so long? How much did you pay? How high is the case load? In our court it's about 25 cases per day.... :(

Geez, Laurel, that's shocking... We hope to get a verdict until December - my asawa-to-be is keeping our atty on his toes.

Do you know why it is taking so long? How much did you pay? How high is the case load? In our court it's about 25 cases per day.... :(
    Dont know why its taking so long, however im reliably informed its not unusual at all!!
    A straightforward case that had the odd spanner thrown in the works, cant go into detail suffice to say some things beggar belief, .............filed last yr early 09, finshed trial Jan this yr..............and now we wait

Hi Sm1971 and laurel...i know this is very difficult stage for you both...but you have to be very strong and keeping the love in your heart....Stay positive..everyone has it's own time....Goodluck
    Don't make promises when you are in JOY. Don't reply when you are SAD.
    Don't take decisions when you are ANGRY. Think twice, Act wise. BE happy.

Quote Originally Posted by LEAHnew View Post
    Hi Sm1971 and laurel...i know this is very difficult stage for you both...but you have to be very strong and keeping the love in your heart....Stay positive..everyone has it's own time....Goodluck
    Its been frustrating but......makes me KNOW how much i love and want to spend the rest of my life with my love!!. We are being tested but we are just as strong today as we ever have been , thanks for the encouragement

Been through annulment process it took me 2 years to complete it, The verdict took me 6 months.. And if you got the verdict.. This is only beginning as there are loads of stuff to do like you need to register the annulment at the Municipality where the marriage took place..wait again... as the government employee working very slow...they told me it will take months to process it so I need to give them *** then you have to go and endorse it at NSO then wait again after 15 days...Then whoala! It's done! I am free... Good luck! It's a long process but in the end it is all worth it..

For us the courts annulment decision was give in January 2010, and only just given the endorsed paper back from the NSO in July ... with a spelling mistake

This is in Bulacan:

06/2010 Pretrial

??/???? Verdict
    After the last hearing you should be waiting by now for the judge's decision. As soon as you got the decision its either you or your lawyer can take it to the Office of the Solicitor General and wait for the appeal. It may take another 15 to 30 days...15days for the SolGen appeal and 15days for the postal. It all depends on your deal with the lawyer.

Mine only took 4 months. I filed my annullment in November, only had 2 hearings, in February got my Judger's decision and I myself went to the Office of the SolGen to make sure its been given so i know the number of days to wait and not to be messed about by my lawyer.

And after such waiting period you can go to the Clerk of Court where you filed the annulment and get your Finality.

Get atleast 5 Certified True Copy of the Decision together with your Finality.
    You will need all them in the future just like mine. The last copy has gone to the visa application.

Can i just ask one question? Have ou given all that amount of money in just one go?
    I'm a cruel and heartless bitch but I’m damn good at it!

No, I think we are paying in 3 installments - 100k upfront, 75k before the first hearding, 75k before the last hearing.

my cousin took nearly two years to get it all sorted and she pays 120,000....goodluck to u

No, I think we are paying in 3 installments - 100k upfront, 75k before the first hearding, 75k before the last hearing.
    Thats not good. If you give the whole amount for the last hearing then you will be waiting for the Judge's decision for ages and it may take you 2 or more years to wait. The lawyer will not chase your case anymore as hes got all your money.

Heres what you should do.
    What was your deal with tha lawyer?
    if it was a complete contract up to the NSO, then i think you shouldnt be giving all the rst of the amount.

Wait till you have the dates for the hearing, and on the hearing day give part of the money.
    Next will be the Judge's decision. Wait til you have the decision letter and signed by the judge before you pay him again. And the next one is the Finality, that means SolGen has not appealed for reconsideration of your case.

And lastly give the rest of the payment when you have the copy of marriage contract from the NSO with the annotated null and void.

Trust me the lawyer will make your case bit faster so he can have the whole payment. Chase him up all the time. never give the whole payment unless the annulment is done.

Ive been there and had a few experienced. Lawyers are very wise. As soon as they have your money they will leave the case ont he side and let it flow in a normal process which will take ages.
    I'm a cruel and heartless bitch but I’m damn good at it!

Thread Information