Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by sparky View Post
    the muslim faith wants to kill all non believers

how can these be considered "good"
    As with most people who can't be bothered educating themselves properly, those so called 'Muslims' who want others dead are mostly those that abuse their own religion, so they are NOT true followers of the Muslim faith, while those who follow it's true path would not harm another human.

The same goes for the religious idiots in the US who fight to stop abortion in the name of God to save lives but murdered the doctor
    Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

Hi guys, just putting this out there for your CONSIDERATION!!

For those who believe in a God and revere the scriptures as being divinely inspired , why doesnt 'christianity' follow what the Bible teaches?

noted philosopher Soren Kierkegaard once said: "The Christianity of the New Testament simply does not exist. Millions of people through the centuries have little by little cheated God out of Christianity and have succeeded in making Christianity exactly the opposite of what it is in the New Testament."

Where's Christmas, Easter, etc commanded in the Bible, where is Sunday mentioned as the Sabbath??

Maybe we dont follow what the Bible teaches at all .

Quote fromCardinal James Gibbons , leading Catholic Cardinal, in 1876
    : "But you may read the Bible from Genesis to Revelation, and you will not find a single line authorizing the sanctification of Sunday. The Scriptures enforce the religious observance of Saturday, a day which we never sanctify. The Catholic Church correctly teaches that our Lord and His Apostles inculcated certain important duties of religion which are not recorded by the inspired writers.

There are loads of examples of leading 'church men who agree that Sunday was never authorised by the Bible.
    As i say guys for consideration and please no unpleasant mud slinging............we'reall adults here

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by laurel View Post
    Hi guys, just putting this out there for your CONSIDERATION!!

For those who believe in a God and revere the scriptures as being divinely inspired , why doesnt 'christianity' follow what the Bible teaches?

noted philosopher Soren Kierkegaard once said: "The Christianity of the New Testament simply does not exist. Millions of people through the centuries have little by little cheated God out of Christianity and have succeeded in making Christianity exactly the opposite of what it is in the New Testament."

Where's Christmas, Easter, etc commanded in the Bible, where is Sunday mentioned as the Sabbath??

Maybe we dont follow what the Bible teaches at all .

Quote fromCardinal James Gibbons , leading Catholic Cardinal, in 1876
    : "But you may read the Bible from Genesis to Revelation, and you will not find a single line authorizing the sanctification of Sunday. The Scriptures enforce the religious observance of Saturday, a day which we never sanctify. The Catholic Church correctly teaches that our Lord and His Apostles inculcated certain important duties of religion which are not recorded by the inspired writers.

There are loads of examples of leading 'church men who agree that Sunday was never authorised by the Bible.
    As i say guys for consideration and please no unpleasant mud slinging............we'reall adults here
    I guess that's true of most religions, I know it is with Buddhism. What they've done to it in Thailand is so far off the original teachings. I don't think Buddha ever taught that tying string round a washing machine and getting a monk to chant at it would bring it good luck

Please note, everyone ... that when I raised this thread yesterday afternoon, it had most certainly NOT been my aim to resurrect an old, highly-conntentious issue - nor "spark(y)-off" [puns INtended] yet another fiery religious debate. Believe me, I'M no saint! However, my present wife, Myrna is a staunch believer, who - like most Filipinos - s regularly, while (to my shame) I am the first to admit I DON'T! However, in spite of her [hitherto] devout Catholicism - and my Protestant upbringing - she draws no distinctions between the two universally-accepted doctrines and, each Sunday, is more than happy attending the church where I have been a communicant member since 1967; indeed, for HER, it is one of the week's highlights! Moreover, she maintains my [apparent] "Christian" lifestyle was one of the principal factors that had attracted her to me at the outset.

By the same token, my first wife, Iris also happened to be a strong adherent to the principles of Christianity. So much so that, when she was sadly dying from a rare form of lymphatic cancer in 1991, she instructed me to ensure her death notice was worded "... and with great faith ..." - as opposed to "... after a long illnesss, bravely borne ..."! But far be it from ME to try and convert ANYONE! I'M just plain, old Arthur ... who's every bit as flawed a human being as the next person. And finally ... I am more than willing to concede that church attendance coupled with a belief in an 'Almighty Creator of Heaven and Earth' maketh not the man (or woman) - rather, it is a comforting solace in a troubled and uncertain world. Amen ... here endeth the sermon!

Hey Arth , I thought the first post here was really thought provoking...........

Banned
    ********* RELIGION WARNING *********

Isn't it strange that people go to church ?
    Isn't it strange that people keep mentioning church, or any other religion for that matter ?
    As if these things are important for the majority of people in the UK.

We have had so many religious threads, and yet another.

This topic serves no purpose except to aggravate people.

I am surprised that you have started another, Arthur.
    You seem to be a peaceful man, yet have forgotten that religious views in this forum only causes animosity.

Please keep religion where it belongs, in the confines of your private life

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by aposhark View Post

Isn't it strange that people keep mentioning church, or any other religion for that matter ?

You seem to be a peaceful man, yet have forgotten that religious views in this forum only causes animosity.

I see no reason why it can't be discussed rationally If anybody gets aggravated by anothers views they can always leave the thread The only animosity I've ever seen comes from the devil worshippers on here (sorry, I mean Atheists ).

The world would be a more peaceful place if we all showed a bit of tolerence and understanding to other people's beliefs.

The Devil was something made up by the Catholic church tp scare people, it doesn't work these days in the West .... however sheep worshipping

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by triple5 View Post
    I see no reason why it can't be discussed rationally If anybody gets aggravated by anothers views they can always leave the thread The only animosity I've ever seen comes from the devil worshippers on here (sorry, I mean Atheists ).

The world would be a more peaceful place if we all showed a bit of tolerence and understanding to other people's beliefs.
    Did any of the mass murderers who used religious differences to wipe out millions offer the same argument as they sharpened their swords or dropped their cannisters of gas ?

Also, do you think this forum would be "a more peaceful place" if we atheists constantly started threads about our beliefs?

Also, do you think this forum would be "a more peaceful place" if we atheists constantly started threads about our beliefs?
    do you have any?, wont it be a short thread

whats wrong in going to church?, trouble is theres a lot of competition on a sunday and it seems the church loses out
    i have learnt to do what my wife says!

Banned
    Nope, coz you seem like an angry lot to me I've often found that with Atheists, there seems to be a real seething for religions Sure there's been way too much bloodshed in the name of religion, brainwashing, greed, sex abuse, the list goes on, but people will believe what they want to believe, you're not going to change the mindest of somebody who's been spoon fed it from birth.

None of my business, but I'm guessing your wife's a catholic, just wondering how she takes it the way you feel about her faith?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by bornatbirth View Post
    do you have any?, wont it be a short thread

whats wrong in going to church?, trouble is theres a lot of competition on a sunday and it seems the church loses out
    As has been mentioned in many other threads before, any religious person has the right to show any atheist ANY proof of a "god", a "jesus", "mohammed" or any other of the wacky fairy tales.
    There is nothing wrong with people going to church, if that is what they want to do.
    I can't see any benefit in mentioning it here.
    As long as there are threads containing religious mumbo-jumbo, others have the right to oppose this constant claptrap.

Religion is like a disease to me.
    Fortunately, most people in the UK feel the same.

Banned
    Nope, coz you seem like an angry lot to me I've often found that with Atheists, there seems to be a real seething for religions Sure there's been way too much bloodshed in the name of religion, brainwashing, greed, sex abuse, the list goes on, but people will believe what they want to believe, you're not going to change the mindest of somebody who's been spoon fed it from birth.

None of my business, but I'm guessing your wife's a catholic, just wondering how she takes it the way you feel about her faith?
    I as an athiest will never give the floor to people who spout off about ideas without any proof.
    It is as ludicrous as people who used to believe the earth was flat, or that the sun was a "god".

Yes, my wife is catholic, we never discuss religion.
    It is agreeable to both of us in equal measure.

you need proof that god exists, why

a simple thread on why the church is losing its flock can be debated cant it?

Banned
    you need proof that god exists, why

a simple thread on why the church is losing its flock can be debated cant it?
    If I posted on this forum that all cars were really cross-dressing dogs in a bullish mood, wouldn't you want to know where that little fact came from?
    It is a nonsense idea and should be rightly questioned.

Likewise, people who mention religious ideas should be subject to a few searching questions.
    Such as:
    A church is a building that celebrates the idea of a "god".
    Can any religious person show the others any proof of anything that backs up anything concerning their belief?

It is a legitimate question as far as I am concerned.

As an atheist, I don't have to prove anything about a "god".
    If someone implies there is a god, prove it.

I believe in L.O.A. all the way and I listen to solfeggio frequencies and hypnotherapy all the time!

There are 7 Planes Of Existance:

7 — Material Plane: The earth, where you are right now.
    6 — Plane of Forces
    5 — Astral Plane
    4 — Mental Plane
    3 — Too mysterious to describe.
    2 — Too mysterious to describe.
    1 — Too mysterious to describe.

If I posted on this forum that all cars were really cross-dressing dogs in a bullish mood, wouldn't you want to know where that little fact came from?
    cant say i would be that bothered, i usually dont bother posting if i think its nonsense and besides its a free world

Quote Originally Posted by nigel View Post
    I believe in L.O.A. all the way and I listen to solfeggio frequencies and hypnotherapy all the time!
    i clicked on your location and expected to find a padded cell

Banned

I remember reading what Keith said about having 2,500 guests a day log into this site.
    Can you imagine if they all were to reply?
    If you don't like what you read, move on to another thread

I didn't come into religion until later in life but, I always some how believed there is a God.
    I needed some big time hardship in my life to wake me up and the hardship served it's purpose

Banned
    I as an athiest will never give the floor to people who spout off about ideas without any proof.
    It is as ludicrous as people who used to believe the earth was flat, or that the sun was a "god".

Yes, my wife is catholic, we never discuss religion.
    It is agreeable to both of us in equal measure.
    so religion is taboo in your household huh. I bet that makes holy week etc etc etc etc exciting for your wife.
    How about Christmas, how does that go down when you are working? I guess you must be working because you don't believe and Christmas to you is just another day.
    My wife and I have Mother Mary all over house like many Filipina's, I wonder if you allow your wife to do the same? or is that something else you and your wife have agreed upon not talking about?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by gWaPito View Post
    I remember reading what Keith said about having 2,500 guests a day log into this site.
    Can you imagine if they all were to reply?
    If you don't like what you read, move on to another thread

I didn't come into religion until later in life but, I always some how believed there is a God.
    I needed some big time hardship in my life to wake me up and the hardship served it's purpose
    You have missed the point in my posts entirely.
    I suggest you re-read what I typed.
    There are MANY people in the UK who will not let people who believe in fairy tales spout off.
    Do you have proof?
    I am waiting.....................

Banned
    There are MANY people in the UK who will not let people who believe in fairy tales spout off.
    Do you have proof?
    You are not talking to your wife now..

Banned
    so religion is taboo in your household huh. I bet that makes holy week etc etc etc etc exciting for your wife.
    How about Christmas, how does that go down when you are working? I guess you must be working because you don't believe and Christmas to you is just another day.
    My wife and I have Mother Mary all over house like many Filipina's, I wonder if you allow your wife to do the same? or is that something else you and your wife have agreed upon not talking about?
    Christmas is just a time for me to see family, that is all.
    We don't have any religious artifacts or mumbo jumbo in that time either.
    We are a very happily married couple and we get by without religion.
    We believe in the here and now, not the false promises that religion tries to offer.
    We have no shame and we don't need to confess any sins. Can you?

Banned
    You are not talking to your wife now..
    To repeat.....
    Do you have proof?

Well ... if I upset anyone with what was fully intended as an thread based on sharing "food for thought" contained in a small article published in the latest edition of another Church's Magazine I just happened to pick up in the vestibule of my own yesterday. No offence was meant on MY part, BUT ...if I'd had even the slightest inkling it was going to "cause World War III," then I definitely wouldn't have bothered!

I know no more about the existence of God - or any other 'Supreme Being' for that matter - than anyone else; however, I make no apology for my faith. End of story!

There are MANY people in the UK who will not let people spout off.

have you ever thought of not posting in theses threads it will save ill feeling towards one another

arthur, what have you done!, i always thought you was trouble

.....you're not going to change the mindest of somebody who's been spoon fed it from birth.
    Mine changed!

Banned
    Christmas is just a time for me to see family, that is all.
    We don't have any religious artifacts or mumbo jumbo in that time either.
    We are a very happily married couple and we get by without religion.
    We believe in the here and now, not the false promises that religion tries to offer.
    We have no shame and we don't need to confess any sins. Can you?
    I some how can't see your Filipina wife saying that 'Christmas is just a time for me to see family, that is all.
    We don't have any religious artifacts or mumbo jumbo in that time either.'

Come on aposhark, I think just a bit of you can not let go because you say Christmas time is for family.

I bet you vote liberal as well

Only peaceful Arthur could start a humourous thread that ends in genocide

Banned

have you ever thought of not posting in theses threads it will save ill feeling towards one another
    No, I have never thought of not posting in reply to threads of this type.
    IMO, the people who cause ill feeling are the ones who try to use this forum to perpetuate fairy tales.
    I thought this forum was FilipinoUK, where we can help each other with important things besides religion.

Banned
    I some how can't see your Filipina wife saying that 'Christmas is just a time for me to see family, that is all.
    We don't have any religious artifacts or mumbo jumbo in that time either.'

Come on aposhark, I think just a bit of you can not let go because you say Christmas time is for family.

I bet you vote liberal as well
    I don't want to get personal with you, or want to know your politics.
    I just have firm ideas about religion that are not connected to the personal.

Thread Information