Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

No recourse to public funds- what does this mean ?

Banned
    This generally applies to those who are non EU nationals. This means you have no access to entitlement to any welfare benefits.

No recourse to public funds - what does this mean ?

Put in the simplest of terms, it means that fiance(e)s and/or spouses of British Nationals are NOTentitled to claim financial assistance [State Benefits] from government funds derived from taxpayers' contributions ... until such time as they have been granted Indefinite Leave to Remain/Permanent Residence.

of course if you do the visa the correct and legal way then the visa in the passport states the " no recourse to public funds " legend

however if you come here illegally then you are more than welcome to claim all you like and probably get a house and car thrown in for your trouble

british immigration at its best

of course if you do the visa the correct and legal way then the visa in the passport states the " no recourse to public funds " legend

however if you come here illegally then you are more than welcome to claim all you like and probably get a house and car thrown in for your trouble

british immigration at its best

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Little View Post
    Put in the simplest of terms, it means that fiance(e)s and/or spouses of British Nationals are NOTentitled to claim financial assistance [State Benefits] from government funds derived from taxpayers' contributions ... until such time as they have been granted Indefinite Leave to Remain/Permanent Residence.
    not strictly 100% true, I think some benefits can be claimed if your married to a British citizen or a european excerising their treaty rights.
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Quote Originally Posted by joebloggs View Post
    not strictly 100% true, I think some benefits can be claimed if your married to a British citizen
    ... WHICH one(s), Joe? Do tell me ... maybe Myrna & I are missing out somewhere ... !

sorry Arthur to build up your hopes, unless you have children under 16 and are entitled to claim child benefit, tax creds etc..
    thou i would still advise the hubby to claim and keep the money than the filipina wife, minimise any potential problems .
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Im aware of what this means as im an OISC registered adviser it was for the benefit of members who are applying for settlement.

I post on various Immigration boards I forgot I am not well kown on this forum apologies guys.

this one comes up time by time and its never very clear as you say joe the hubby should claim to keep it clear such things as tax credit "if he was already entitled to claim" prior to the missus arrival you can also still claim housing benifit but will have to top up beyond the single bedroom version (is how i understand it) I guess that would apply to Poll tax to
    Absit invidia

DISCLAIMER: The information hereinabove may or may not be entirely accurate, relevant, forthright, verifiable, or coherent. KeithAngel, who shall herein be refered to as the 'Shining Beacon of Light', reserves the right to neither confirm, deny, justify, explain, or otherwise acknowledge any inquiry in regards to the validity, genuinity, construction, intent, and/or motive of any statements, gestures, and/or actions whether real, imagined, or transdimensional in origin. Further, the 'Shining Beacon of Light' shall be absolved of any and all legal, moral, and financial responsibilities for damages to life, limb, character, reputation, property, and/or business resulting from the usage, assimilation, incorporation, replication, and/or distribution of said statements whether partial, complete, misquoted, or imagined. This disclaimer remains in effect despite any discrepancies or claims as to its legibility, comprehension, interpretation, subliminal suggestiveness, political affiliation, legality, visibility, and/or physical presence

i would like to enroll in a interior designing class in beeston as inlaws says its free,,,does it means i cannot coz of this restriction?...

Thread Information