Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Alarms !!!

Banned

Alarms !!!

I am not sure if this is usually happens here so I need some advice.

I bought my dream blouse and belt at New Look yesterday. After I paid it and was about to leave the shop, the security alarm at door ways alarmed with people watching. I let the cashier check it again and they said sorry as they haven't taken the security tag properly in my blouse. But it happened again when I was about to leave the shop and let them double check again. They said never mind I can leave the shop but I insist them to check it and thinking it might be the belt security tag. Then they removed the tag and say sorry again.

This felt me embarrasing as people in the shop no doubt thinking I'm a thief and I don't like them for being incompetent.

I am planning to make an official complaint with this shop.

Is that a good move?

embarrassing it maybe but why do you let it bother you?

its happened to me many times, if the alarm goes off, just let them double check, then carry on shopping
    i have learnt to do what my wife says!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by bornatbirth View Post
    embarrassing it maybe but why do you let it bother you?

its happened to me many times, if the alarm goes off, just let them double check, then carry on shopping
    Yes, embarrassing! And never happened to me that's why it annoyed me.

Thanks Born@

Respected Member
    It does seem to happen fairly often, and what is more surprising is in many places the security and staff don't seem to even bat an eyelid. Earlier this year we returned from tesco to find one of these tags still attached to some jeans. I was a bit nervous removing it because apparently some of them contain a purple dye!

Hi Penny,
    even tho our consciences are clear, when that happens you cant help feel embarrased, esp when it happens like it did to you. I wouldnt let it bother you , complaining will only get you a standard reply of 'sorry' .

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by RickyR View Post
    It does seem to happen fairly often, and what is more surprising is in many places the security and staff don't seem to even bat an eyelid. Earlier this year we returned from tesco to find one of these tags still attached to some jeans. I was a bit nervous removing it because apparently some of them contain a purple dye!
    Really? This rarely happen in the Philippines. What do you think why they don't bother to take off those tags? Why do they put it if they will not bother to take it off?
    Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by laurel View Post
    Hi Penny,
    even tho our consciences are clear, when that happens you cant help feel embarrased, esp when it happens like it did to you. I wouldnt let it bother you , complaining will only get you a standard reply of 'sorry' .
    Thanks Laurel! I have my clean clear concience that's why I told them to make a double check.
    Sorry it's bother me really. In shopping malls in the Philippines, they display your photograph and name of shop lifters inside their shop. That's why cashiers are very careful as customers can sue them back if they cannot prove the truth.

You have to make sure the tags are off. I didn't one time but the shop let me out anyway .... later that day we went into another shop and the alarm went off, they obviously used similar tags, and even though I was 'entering' security took me into another room. They didn't understand the simple fact that I was stealing stuff from the car park and sneak in store to place the goods on the rack .... I did have some verbal fun with the thicko muppets though
    Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Win2Win View Post
    They didn't understand the simple fact that I was stealing stuff from the car park and sneak in store to place the goods on the rack

this was happened to me at tesco the other day when i bought clothes....

Banned
    You have to make sure the tags are off. I didn't one time but the shop let me out anyway .... later that day we went into another shop and the alarm went off, they obviously used similar tags, and even though I was 'entering' security took me into another room. They didn't understand the simple fact that I was stealing stuff from the car park and sneak in store to place the goods on the rack .... I did have some verbal fun with the thicko muppets though
    I am not familiar how the security tag look like. I am much familiar with heavy round gray tag that attached with clothings.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by gparry2007 View Post
    this was happened to me at tesco the other day when i bought clothes....

I think we need to suggest that an extra hour a week should be spent in staff training to avoid incidences like this.

If you have the reciept then there is not a problem, it is just staff incompetance. Annoying? yes, worth complaining.... Don't let it bother you Penny, I think it happens to everyone at some point.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve.r View Post
    If you have the reciept then there is not a problem, it is just staff incompetance. Annoying? yes, worth complaining.... Don't let it bother you Penny, I think it happens to everyone at some point.
    Thanks Steve! Yes I have scanned and printed my receipts and my letter also printed. I supposed to be in the sea today for boat fishing but I told hubby to go without me as I will make a letter.

Dear Sir/Madam,

Firstly might I say that I am not in the habit of making complaints, to do this to one of my favourite shops pains me.

My complaints are as follows-
    I bought a blouse and belt at around 09:50 a.m. on May 21, 2010 but after I paid it and was about to leave the shop, the security alarm at door ways alarmed with people watching. I let your cashier check it again and they said sorry as they haven't taken the security tag properly in my blouse. But it happened again when I was about to leave the shop and let them double check again. They said never mind I can leave the shop but I insist them to check it and thinking it might be my belt security tag. Then they removed the security tag and say sorry again.
    This felt me embarrasing as people in the shop no doubt thinking I'm a thief and I don't like them for being incompetent. This was very frustrating.

I would like to suggest that maybe an extra hour a week should be spent in staff training to avoid incidences like this, to reinforce the assistants responsibility to remove security tagging once a purchase has been made.

Devon - no - Oxford - no - Stalybridge - no - errr - UK
    I wonder what will happen if you try to steal security tags??
    Will the clothes go off??

Al
    Pressed rat and warthog closed down their shop!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post

Al
    Good question, and could you be prosecuted for stealing security tags

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post

Al
    I think they have a special tools to remove that tag.
    I searched the web how security tags in the UK looks like. http://www.traderscity.com/board/use...security-1.jpg

I just sent my letter and let's see when will I rereive their written apology.

Quote Originally Posted by pennybarry View Post
    I am not sure if this is usually happens here so I need some advice.

I bought my dream blouse and belt at New Look yesterday. After I paid it and was about to leave the shop, the security alarm at door ways alarmed with people watching. I let the cashier check it again and they said sorry as they haven't taken the security tag properly in my blouse. But it happened again when I was about to leave the shop and let them double check again. They said never mind I can leave the shop but I insist them to check it and thinking it might be the belt security tag. Then they removed the tag and say sorry again.

This felt me embarrasing as people in the shop no doubt thinking I'm a thief and I don't like them for being incompetent.

I am planning to make an official complaint with this shop.

Is that a good move?
    Oh my gosh! This happend to me twice before. Depending on the shop, they usually give you 20% discount or a shop voucher if it alarmed and it was their fault for not completely taken off the security tag.

You should have complained to see what compensations they could have given you?

I felt exactly the same when this happened to me! Grr.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by DropsOfJupiter View Post
    Oh my gosh! This happend to me twice before. Depending on the shop, they usually give you 20% discount or a shop voucher if it alarmed and it was their fault for not completely taken off the security tag.

You should have complained to see what compensations they could have given you?

I felt exactly the same when this happened to me! Grr.
    Really? But I don't need their discount.
    I want them to be more competent and give importance of customers' reputation! A written apology is also fine.

I sent my letter last monday and I hope it will not happen again.

I sent my letter last monday and I hope it will not happen again.

Good Job Ate Pen
    ''Don't be serious..Be Sincere''

So Penny.. Give us a tip..
    Where did you hide the other item?

Quote Originally Posted by fred View Post
    It was a sex shop.... would you like a clue???

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by sars_notd_virus View Post
    Good Job Ate Pen
    Thanks friend! Syempre kapag may katwiran ipaglaban mo ! Where ever I am!

Quote Originally Posted by fred View Post
    I bought only two pieces. 1 blouse 1 belt. They put together in one plastic bag, all receipts inside. But they didn't take off both security tags. They seems to be very lazy in taking off as they want me to go and leave the shop. But I want them to double check my plastic bag. There were two staffs at the counter. The other didn't bother to take off the security tag as she said I can go but I said no!!! check it. Then she passed it to another staff. Too lazy indeed!

I have collections of UK bric-a-brac, second hand books but no intention to collect security tags.

It was a sex shop.... would you like a clue???
    Boss, I can't find sex shop in my place.
    I found one in Holland and one in Germany.
    I feel happy looking around that shop.
    My imagination is running away with me, taking me everywhere.
    I told myself Wow! This is fake, but full of reality!

Oh don't complain you silly! I think you should maybe you should thank them for the extra, um, entertainment? I never complain about anything ever! What good will come of it?
    Complain you bring pain, appreciate you accumulate!

That's what methinks!

There are 7 Planes Of Existance:

7 — Material Plane: The earth, where you are right now.
    6 — Plane of Forces
    5 — Astral Plane
    4 — Mental Plane
    3 — Too mysterious to describe.
    2 — Too mysterious to describe.
    1 — Too mysterious to describe.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by nigel View Post
    Oh don't complain you silly! I think you should maybe you should thank them for the extra, um, entertainment? I never complain about anything ever! What good will come of it?
    Complain you bring pain, appreciate you accumulate!

That's what methinks!
    Thanks Nigel! You, silly mooh!
    It is one of my favourite shop, I visit their shop at least once a week and I don't want it to happen again.
    I want to visit the shop again and again with full of confidence that I will not experience that embarrassing situation again! I still want to comeback once a week to visit or to buy.
    In the philippines, it is a serious embarrassment and I still feel I am a filipina.
    But then, from now on, I will check my stuffs before leaving any shop or ask them if they taken off security tags.

Awww your like my Vimvie, she doesn't like it if she thinks people might be laughing at her...and she feels bad when she takes stuff back for a refund....I've tried to make her realize that people take stuff back ALL THE TIME in this country...just tell them it don't fit....don't like it etc... People do it all the time!

There are 7 Planes Of Existance:

7 — Material Plane: The earth, where you are right now.
    6 — Plane of Forces
    5 — Astral Plane
    4 — Mental Plane
    3 — Too mysterious to describe.
    2 — Too mysterious to describe.
    1 — Too mysterious to describe.

It is one of my favourite shop, I visit their shop at least once a week
    So this has happened only once in all your visits, if it had happened more then I think you could complan, it was just a mistake.

In the philippines....
    In the philippines, you get searched by armed guards when you enter a mall and you cannot take bags into stores. I know where I prefer to shop.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by rusty View Post
    So this has happened only once in all your visits, if it had happened more then I think you could complan, it was just a mistake.

In the philippines, you get searched by armed guards when you enter a mall and you cannot take bags into stores. I know where I prefer to shop.
    Thanks Rusty!
    Once is too much embarrassment with me and don't like second time.

Yes armed guard in the Philippines will search you when alarmed happened or checker will do it.
    Search as well when entering the malls.
    But that is very seldom happened(alamed) as malls always have two staffs at the counter. One cashier and one checker.

Here, saleslady,checker,cashier,cleaner in one responsibility.

It's up to you where you prefer to shop. I prefer both and I don't care if there's armed men security as long as no embarrassment happens.

But that's gives me lessons and information about shopping in Britain.

Once is too much embarrassment with me and don't like second time.
    You never said that during the strip search by me to see Ping.... you even went out the backdoor and came around the front to do it again!!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by nigel View Post
    Awww your like my Vimvie, she doesn't like it if she thinks people might be laughing at her...and she feels bad when she takes stuff back for a refund....I've tried to make her realize that people take stuff back ALL THE TIME in this country...just tell them it don't fit....don't like it etc... People do it all the time!
    Yes, we might be the same.
    And you might be the same with my husband.
    He doesn't want to enter lady's shop!
    He likes to go shopping in the Philippines mall as everytime he enter the mall,
    Security guards used to greet him "Good Morning Sir".
    I said, it might be the beautiful salesladies who makes you back-and-forth to the malls.

You never said that during the strip search by me to see Ping.... you even went out the backdoor and came around the front to do it again!!
    It wasn't me!
    I don't need to be searched by you as me and Ate Ping has stolen moment datings.
    Ate Ping and me doesn't use your front door neither your back door to go in and out but we are using your widely open windows.

Nothing to worry about I always ask the security guards if you dont find anything stolen will i be getting an aplogy which most of the guards will do and ask them to speak up they wont like it but who cares..

If you were a bloke standing by Clothes shop doors you would have noticed that loads of people set off the alarms for various reasons and its rare anything dodgy ever found from what i see

I can remeber the Wife bought a purse one day which she really liked so didn't even ask for a bag she went to use straight away.

For weeks we kept wondering why when we went in shops alarms went off it became a bit of a running joke

Turned out the tag was still in the purse it had been waved over the device but not close enough
    Oh lord why did you make so many clothes and shoe shops

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information