Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: corrupt babylon

Banned
    Well, guys, all I can say really is that "when in Rome"...... If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen....

Banned
    well keith our son died in philippines to medical malpractice (FACT) and dat was in a private well established hosp. in manila.....and den tried to hand me a bill of 1.2 million pesos
    without getin into it, so it wasnt bout "gettin out d kitchen".
    the philippines is beautiful but like anywhere not perfect and not wat its cracked up to be....
    dont claim 2 know until u experience it for real

Quote Originally Posted by aromulus View Post
    Oh, Arthur.....

Gentle sarcasm is getting over your head lately....
    No offence intended ... it's just that I can identify with some of the bureaucracy this chap has come up against - although, thankfully ... in MY case ... to a much lesser extent. And [MOST] mercifully (as I've since read) in the absence (thank God!) of such tragic circumstances.

Quote Originally Posted by ras66uk View Post
    well keith our son died in philippines to medical malpractice
    ... I didn't realise that; my thoughts and prayers are with you and the child's mother.

Banned
    respect sir arthur...wise words as always

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ras66uk View Post
    me 2 finding it hard 2 score
    I think you misinterpreted me. I wouldn't even think about it, the consequences are too severe

Banned
    Just to Echo Arthur's sentiments also very sorry to hear about your son. You're not too old yourself, so the boy could only have been young. Thats very sad mate.

the philippines is beautiful but like anywhere not perfect and not wat its cracked up to be....
    What do you mean cracked up to be? Most the people I know back in england think its a third world dive full of prostitutes and ladyboys

Banned
    yeah yeah.. penalties r severe, depends who u know aswell

Banned
    my son was 3mnths old

Quote Originally Posted by triple5 View Post
    Most the people I know back in england think its a third world dive full of prostitutes and ladyboys
    Ignorant people
    ''Don't be serious..Be Sincere''

Banned
    Just to Echo Arthur's sentiments also very sorry to hear about your son. You're not too old yourself, so the boy could only have been young. Thats very sad mate.

What do you mean cracked up to be? Most the people I know back in england think its a third world dive full of prostitutes and ladyboys
    Perhaps if we didn't the system we have here where they pay people to stay at home and give free housing etc we would be just the same 'A third world dive full of prostitutes and lady boys' I have just been examined in those regions by 2 doctors so I'm sure they don't do it for fun!!.

you cant blame people 100% for thinking that when all you see about the phils in the UK is programs about poverty, the sex trade, terrorists , the only program i can recall about the phils that not included is the lonely planet guide to the phils
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by joebloggs View Post
    you cant blame people 100% for thinking that when all you see about the phils in the UK is programs about poverty, the sex trade, terrorists , the only program i can recall about the phils that not included is the lonely planet guide to the phils
    You're right, can't ever remember seeing a program on the beaches here, or the volcanoes, waterfalls and other beautiful scenery. All the sex tourist and mail order bride tales don't help either.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by joebloggs View Post

Banned
    You're right, can't ever remember seeing a program on the beaches here, or the volcanoes, waterfalls and other beautiful scenery. All the sex tourist and mail order bride tales don't help either.
    Where do these mail order cat's come from? I met my wife online so, does that mean she is a mail order? Does that mean she is a lesser human being than say, for example meeting at a bar as a barmaid? I noticed the poster put sex tourist and mail order in the same breath, please enlighten me

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by gWaPito View Post
    Where do these mail order cat's come from? I met my wife online so, does that mean she is a mail order? Does that mean she is a lesser human being than say, for example meeting at a bar as a barmaid? I noticed the poster put sex tourist and mail order in the same breath, please enlighten me
    It's old school now the mail order bride business. I remember seeing a documentary on it about an englishman who had a mail orderbride business in bangkok. The girls go in have their pics taken and fill out a profile form. Then the guys fly over and pick one out from a catalogue. You got more chance of meeting a more desirable lady online than one you would in a bar I'd say.

What's that poster you're talking about, where you see that?

when i use to have sat tv, my mom use to watch german tv channels (she speaks perfect German) i remember seeing some WOW philippines ads..

http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Banned
    Nice share Bit cheesy Glad to report it still has that WOW factor

same here, just 1 in a million chance we chatted to each other using ICQ. she could have been down the road from me or anywhere..

Nice share Bit cheesy Glad to report it still has that WOW factor

if people saw ads like this instead of the negative , i'm sure more people would go and the image of the phils some people have would change.

Banned
    It's old school now the mail order bride business. I remember seeing a documentary on it about an englishman who had a mail orderbride business in bangkok. The girls go in have their pics taken and fill out a profile form. Then the guys fly over and pick one out from a catalogue. You got more chance of meeting a more desirable lady online than one you would in a bar I'd say.

Sorry Triple5,. I was being sarcastic it goes over my wife's head as well.
    You mentioned mail order brides and sex tourists as if they were the same. I beg to differ.

Banned
    You mentioned mail order brides and sex tourists as if they were the same. I beg to differ.
    One you buy short term, the other long term Seriously though, I didn't mean it to sound like they were both the same. I meant for a lot of people in England if you say you're going to the philippines they will assume it's for one or the other.

Banned
    One you buy short term, the other long term Seriously though, I didn't mean it to sound like they were both the same. I meant for a lot of people in England if you say you're going to the philippines they will assume it's for one or the other.
    Yes, I agree

Banned

the documentary you're talking about is

"Louis Theroux Weird Weekends"

BBC2 ...

the brothel... ahem ... sorry, Mail Order Bride company was run by a multi-divorced creepy little man from England.

During the course of the 1 hour docu, an English man (who ... let's say he wasn't being inundated with offers from gals back home) met a thai woman and they got married in like 1 day.

I don't need to tell you where that marriage went!

*flush*

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information