Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Quote Originally Posted by RickyR View Post
    I don't want anyone reading this thread to think we're all sceptical and stereotyping all Filipinas. With a population of 92,000,000 you couldn't do that. In my experience the country is a wonderful place, with a wide variety of people of differing backgrounds, cultures, education and values; as you'd expect from any country.
    However what I think everyone is trying to say, some of the dating sites, and some of the foreigner/fil situations do entice the wrong kind of people from both sides who are maybe not exactly looking for love. Some of them are families looking for an escape and a better life through marrying a beautiful daughter away, and on the flip side it's a men looking to selfishly take advantage of another culture. Thus, it is prudent to go in with your eyes open and take your time getting to know the person you may spend the rest of your life with.
    There are unscrupulous people everywhere in the world, so Tony, if you reading this, proceed with caution, before you enter into a situation you will come to regret.

Wise words indeed

Quote Originally Posted by triple5 View Post
    I disagree, there's many here who are happy for their daughters to go abroad if it means money being sent back. I did say it was from my own experience, and there's no doubt in my mind they were sucking up because they thought there might be a cash cow in it for them. But don't get me wrong, I don't think all Filipino hospitality is something to be suspicious of. Far from it.

You're right Tim, a lot of them would build an alter in the arrivals lounge if they could
    You say there are many who are happy to marry off their daughters, well cannot argue with your personal experience but like Maria says its very hard for most parents to watch their daughter move to the other side of the world.Ricky takes a more holistic view that there are all types in a population of 92m, some that fit your experiences and many like Maria's and my own that dont.
    My fiancee Maris family treated me very well but only once they realised I was a decent guy and have left us alone to decide our own future....so from my experience quite the opposite.

Banned
    Hope people aren't getting the impression that I'm tarring them all with the same brush here My first experience is the complete opposite of what it is now. I'm not even sure my gfs parents would even allow her to come to England. I know I still have a long way to go before she's ready to marry, and even then I'm not 100% certain they will agree to it. Keeps me on my toes anyway So this time around things are more like you describe Maria and Cheeky

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by IainBusby View Post
    I agree, I married on the second trip and between the first and second trip there was an eight month gap with almost daily communication on yahoo messenger and texts etc. I think it would be easy to get swept along into getting married when your actually there, but I think it would be much better for Tony to come home, communicate online for a while and reflect on the whole idea of marriage and especially if this girl and himself are really compatible.
    Quote Originally Posted by triple5 View Post
    Never understood guys who marry on the first trip I know it's costly going and back forth a lot, but it's a decision you could regret for a long time if you don't take your time to properly know her. How are you affording the wedding Tony? Ricky's right in what he says, but only you can make the decision if she's genuine or not. Tell her you love it so much in the Philippines that you want to come here rather than bring her to the UK. See what reaction you get. Might give you a clue
    Quote Originally Posted by Sim11UK View Post
    Some good advice above, though I think Tony seems resigned to his fate.

It amazes me too, when people rush to get married? (I've often said it on here & probably offended a couple of people, who as far as I know don't post on here anymore)...You need several, fairly frequent trips out there.
    I got married on the 4th trip...I don't have any money, but I made it. Some seem to want to marry, as soon as someone shows a bit of interest in them.
    Well I agree with you boys!
    Marrying on the first trip is very rush and I have witnessed some of it didn't last their relationship and some struggling.

I hope Tony will open his eyes the sooner the better.

Tony appears to be AWOL......maybe he has run out of cash already.......

Tell us whats going on Tony we wanna know

Quote Originally Posted by Steve.r View Post
    Tony appears to be AWOL....
    Maybe he's at the birth of his first child
    Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

Quote Originally Posted by Win2Win View Post

he's probably got better things to do like spending all day in bed with his beautiful gf than hanging out in the forum ...goodluck to him as well
    ''Don't be serious..Be Sincere''

maybe after eating all that food, tony feels like giving birth

i have to admit tony needs some help and guidance, well a lot and i hope he isnt being scammed or hes very lucky and found a filipina who pays her own way?
    i have learnt to do what my wife says!

Still no word from Tony?????????????
    Hope he's ok!!!!!

... ... the second "immaculate conception" ... and he's only BEEN out there for three weeks!!!

hes skint the poor bloke or on the loo with all the food hes eaten

Maybe we need to send Leah to the Pacific Mall in Cabanatuan to try to find him

I'll try to hunt him
    Don't make promises when you are in JOY. Don't reply when you are SAD.
    Don't take decisions when you are ANGRY. Think twice, Act wise. BE happy.

To the best of MY knowledge, he was to be staying there for about a month at most ... in which case his time'll be up any day now!

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Little View Post
    To the best of MY knowledge, he was to be staying there for about a month at most ... in which case his time'll be up any day now!
    If he can get the chains off
    Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

If he can get the chains off
    with only 12,000 peso, surely they will glad to get rid of him
    i have learnt to do what my wife says!

Trusted Member
    I have missed a lot of threads while I was in the Philippines myself ...and sorry to ask the bleeding obvious, but...are there any pics of "Tony" on his visit to Nueva Ecija ? Has anyone met him ?

Last WE "heard", he was being "force-fed" ... and sharing his meals with the family dog. Oh ... and I believe he'd taken the brunt of his girlfriend's tampo on occasion. Not that the two things are necessarily connected ... at least, I don't think so ...

Quote Originally Posted by jackson.alan46 View Post
    I have missed a lot of threads while I was in the Philippines myself ...and sorry to ask the bleeding obvious, but...are there any pics of "Tony" on his visit to Nueva Ecija ? Has anyone met him ?
    He has not been heard of or from for quite a while now, maybe we should inform the British Embassy in Manila. At least we know that if he's gets kidnapped they'll soon let him go.... once they realise that he's got less money than they have.

Respected Member
    He (or at least someone) was logged on here a few days ago. Wonder why he hasn't posted!

Quote Originally Posted by DaveUK View Post
    He (or at least someone) was logged on here a few days ago. Wonder why he hasn't posted!
    Yes I noticed he was on here about a week ago, but he didn't make any replies...I'm sure he's alright?

Quote Originally Posted by Sim11UK View Post
    Yes I noticed he was on here about a week ago, but he didn't make any replies...I'm sure he's alright?
    That's right ... ! I checked too. He last logged-on 10 days ago, on May 17.

There he is...Tony tone TONY..TONE..TONE TONY...TOOnnyyyy...ah no it ent ..its Art...Arthur Arthur..Art Art

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information