Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Smile Just survived my first winter in the UK

I arrived in the UK (January 2010) to snow and freezing termperatures!!! All I can remember from that first day is wrapping myself in a blanket and hugging the radiator!!!

The weather at this time reminds me so much of Baguio which is still too cold for me. My husband assures me that summer temperatures (May/June - August/September) can get as high as 30 degrees celcius (he even said they got as high as 36 one year!!!), but average would be around 20-25.

Anyway, the weather takes some getting use to, but I feel really settled here now. I have even started going to car boot sales looking for bargains!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ella View Post

The weather at this time reminds me so much of Baguio which is still too cold for me.
    when i went to Baguio i was , i told the misses it was colder than the UK
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Trusted Member

Anyway, the weather takes some getting use to...

...and our sense of humour ! I said you needed an umbrella,Ella , Ella ... but maybe you never heard of Rihanna ...or don't find it funny! Welcome again

well done im to hot here now in Cebu and am huggin the air con lol
    Absit invidia

DISCLAIMER: The information hereinabove may or may not be entirely accurate, relevant, forthright, verifiable, or coherent. KeithAngel, who shall herein be refered to as the 'Shining Beacon of Light', reserves the right to neither confirm, deny, justify, explain, or otherwise acknowledge any inquiry in regards to the validity, genuinity, construction, intent, and/or motive of any statements, gestures, and/or actions whether real, imagined, or transdimensional in origin. Further, the 'Shining Beacon of Light' shall be absolved of any and all legal, moral, and financial responsibilities for damages to life, limb, character, reputation, property, and/or business resulting from the usage, assimilation, incorporation, replication, and/or distribution of said statements whether partial, complete, misquoted, or imagined. This disclaimer remains in effect despite any discrepancies or claims as to its legibility, comprehension, interpretation, subliminal suggestiveness, political affiliation, legality, visibility, and/or physical presence

Quote Originally Posted by keithAngel View Post
    well done im to hot here now in Cebu and am huggin the air con lol
    its nice here keith, 7pm and clear blue sky with the sun shining, and no air con needed
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Actually and apon reflextion ive been hugging the the san mig tonight
    Absit invidia

DISCLAIMER: The information hereinabove may or may not be entirely accurate, relevant, forthright, verifiable, or coherent. KeithAngel, who shall herein be refered to as the 'Shining Beacon of Light', reserves the right to neither confirm, deny, justify, explain, or otherwise acknowledge any inquiry in regards to the validity, genuinity, construction, intent, and/or motive of any statements, gestures, and/or actions whether real, imagined, or transdimensional in origin. Further, the 'Shining Beacon of Light' shall be absolved of any and all legal, moral, and financial responsibilities for damages to life, limb, character, reputation, property, and/or business resulting from the usage, assimilation, incorporation, replication, and/or distribution of said statements whether partial, complete, misquoted, or imagined. This disclaimer remains in effect despite any discrepancies or claims as to its legibility, comprehension, interpretation, subliminal suggestiveness, political affiliation, legality, visibility, and/or physical presence

even better get a hot water bottle, fill it with ice and san mig

I arrived in the UK (January 2010) to snow and freezing termperatures!!! All I can remember from that first day is wrapping myself in a blanket and hugging the radiator!!!
    You've done really well ... having been "thrown in at the deep end", as it were! Nowadays, temperatures seldom plummet as low as last winter - which was one of the harshest on record in recent years.

Quote Originally Posted by jackson.alan46 View Post

...and our sense of humour ! I said you needed an umbrella,Ella , Ella ... but maybe you never heard of Rihanna ...or don't find it funny! Welcome again
    Hello Yeah i know Rihanna heheh
    You got a nice sense of humour its just that I did not bother to let u know on your first message

The weather at this time reminds me so much of Baguio
    I can well-believe that ... from what my wife tells me. Myrna is actually from Davao del Norte province but, having been a High School teacher, she was often charged with organising pupils' summer camps in Baguio. So I'm not surprised at your comparison, as April CAN be - and often IS - a chilly month in the UK.

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Little View Post
    I can well-believe that ... from what my wife tells me. Myrna is actually from Davao del Norte province but, having been a High School teacher, she was often charged with organising pupils' summer camps in Baguio. So I'm not surprised at your comparison, as April CAN be - and often IS - a chilly month in the UK.
    Wow really? where in Davao provice your wife live? Does she knows about Compostela Valley?
    God bless

I imagine you would do well as an ebay seller Ella!

There are 7 Planes Of Existance:

7 — Material Plane: The earth, where you are right now.
    6 — Plane of Forces
    5 — Astral Plane
    4 — Mental Plane
    3 — Too mysterious to describe.
    2 — Too mysterious to describe.
    1 — Too mysterious to describe.

Banned
    Far better than hugging the trees

Wow really? where in Davao provice your wife live? Does she knows about Compostela Valley?
    God bless
    Oh, YES ... very well! Compostela Valley happens to have been her birthplace ... Pantukan to be more precise. Latterly, though, she lived in Tagum. It's a "small world", right enough!

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Little View Post
    Oh, YES ... very well! Compostela Valley happens to have been her birthplace ... Pantukan to be more precise. Latterly, though, she lived in Tagum. It's a "small world", right enough!
    yeah you got it right it's really a small world. Compostela is also my birthplace (Crossing Gabi) Kindly try to ask if she's familiar with any Verga in there. Just extend my regards to your wife

Respected Member South-east boy's Avatar
    Hi Ella, not the easiest time of the year to come over for you, specially like Arthur says -it has been the coldest and coldest for the longest periods for many, many years! So hopefully, the next few shouldn't be quite so cold and so cold for so long!

good for you you survive..hahahah...im glad im not in the u.k in winter times ohhhh i hate english weather.....except ofcourse summer ......enjoy carbooting..you'll always find something especial, specialy bargain.....

The weather at this time reminds me so much of Baguio which is still too cold for me. My husband assures me that summer temperatures (May/June - August/September) can get as high as 30 degrees celcius (he even said they got as high as 36 one year!!!), but average would be around 20-25.

Anyway, the weather takes some getting use to, but I feel really settled here now. I have even started going to car boot sales looking for bargains!!!

Quote Originally Posted by South-east boy View Post
    Hi Ella, not the easiest time of the year to come over for you, specially like Arthur says -it has been the coldest and coldest for the longest periods for many, many years! So hopefully, the next few shouldn't be quite so cold and so cold for so long!
    yeah you got it right, it's not really the easiest time for me to be here. I don't have a choice coz I thought it takes 3 months for me to have my visa granted, but I had it 6 days after the interview.

Quote Originally Posted by angel1231 View Post
    good for you you survive..hahahah...im glad im not in the u.k in winter times ohhhh i hate english weather.....except ofcourse summer ......enjoy carbooting..you'll always find something especial, specialy bargain.....
    You got it right Angel, bargain is nice
    It seems like I'm in Philippines still, looking for "ukay-ukay"
    Have a blessed night

better than ukay ukay though......as you can buy it for 50p and still bargaining with price heheheh

Respected Member South-east boy's Avatar

yeah you got it right, it's not really the easiest time for me to be here. I don't have a choice coz I thought it takes 3 months for me to have my visa granted, but I had it 6 days after the interview.
    Wow I bet that was a shock for you?!

Thread Information