Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Respected Member South-east boy's Avatar

It's a lonely old life sometimes!

Just a slightly pee'd off at the mo! For reasons which you'll find out later in a few days I was trying to plan and was looking forward to this weekend. I managed to get some hard to get hold of music gig tickets (double the original price) for this Friday night and was going to invite the girl I had been seeing + do other things over the coming weekends, but that all went to crap when met this other guy and they became a couple of the first date!

I also have a VW Car club drive thing through the countryside to the coast where we'll have fish & chips. So I ask my best friend who happens to actually not be working this weekend (he's normally doing long shift-work) if he wants to come to either? He says that the gig ticket will be wasted on him as he's not her biggest fan. Another friend is on holiday, another one is going away for the weekend and is not too keen on her, another one is just seeing another friend and another won't quite be able to get there in time. My best friend said about the Sunday that he'd prefer to leave the day open! So wonderful, I'm going to a gig on my own + wasting a ticket and looks like I'm also going to the VW coast run on my own too (which I can't really do as there's some questions and answers thing to do on the way).

This is on top of working in an office on my own, on a floor on my own (+there's only 5 others that work there that are in & out during the day), living on my own and mostly socializing on my own. I have plenty of interests and I'm fine in my own company some of the time, but just get fed-up of it virtually all the time! Most friends are in couples so I don't get to see time so much (some totally disappeared after they met their partner)and a lot of people that have mostly been in relationships don't know what it is like to be constantly on your own. It also doesn't seem easy to make new friends either as most people already have enough! I'm just getting a bit sick of it really! Does anyone feel like this/have a similar situation?

Banned
    Been there, Tim, and know how easy it is to get stuck in a rut. My cure was travel. I've done it a few times now where I've been peed off with my surroundings and life in general so I just sold up and hit the road jack. People have said to me don't I get lonely travelling alone, but I've always found it relatively easy to make new friends along the way.

Look on the bright side - at least your young, free and single. You got nothing to tie you down. Believe me, life's even worse when you're stuck in a relationship you're not happy with and can't see a way out.

What's that saying? A change is as good as rest.

Arrive early for the gig and look for someone without a ticket .....spread happiness and watch it come back to you 5 fold

Nigel what have you done
    Absit invidia

DISCLAIMER: The information hereinabove may or may not be entirely accurate, relevant, forthright, verifiable, or coherent. KeithAngel, who shall herein be refered to as the 'Shining Beacon of Light', reserves the right to neither confirm, deny, justify, explain, or otherwise acknowledge any inquiry in regards to the validity, genuinity, construction, intent, and/or motive of any statements, gestures, and/or actions whether real, imagined, or transdimensional in origin. Further, the 'Shining Beacon of Light' shall be absolved of any and all legal, moral, and financial responsibilities for damages to life, limb, character, reputation, property, and/or business resulting from the usage, assimilation, incorporation, replication, and/or distribution of said statements whether partial, complete, misquoted, or imagined. This disclaimer remains in effect despite any discrepancies or claims as to its legibility, comprehension, interpretation, subliminal suggestiveness, political affiliation, legality, visibility, and/or physical presence

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by keithAngel View Post
    Arrive early for the gig and look for someone without a ticket .....spread happiness and watch it come back to you 5 fold
    On the other hand you could extol Betsy's virtues to him, so he won't stay lonely for much longer....

If it was in Manchester you could easily pick up a local slapper for the night .... then back home to yours for fish'n'chips .... well something of hers will smell of fish anyway
    Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

Quote Originally Posted by aromulus View Post
    On the other hand you could extol Betsy's virtues to him, so he won't stay lonely for much longer....
    He will have to join the queue Dom ( Sparkys over soon) and her talents with chicken extremities have not gone unnoticed I may make a quick visit under my own steam tonight since jheans on a night off I thought i might go and visit and have dinner and learn a few more words and have a laugh
    Absit invidia

DISCLAIMER: The information hereinabove may or may not be entirely accurate, relevant, forthright, verifiable, or coherent. KeithAngel, who shall herein be refered to as the 'Shining Beacon of Light', reserves the right to neither confirm, deny, justify, explain, or otherwise acknowledge any inquiry in regards to the validity, genuinity, construction, intent, and/or motive of any statements, gestures, and/or actions whether real, imagined, or transdimensional in origin. Further, the 'Shining Beacon of Light' shall be absolved of any and all legal, moral, and financial responsibilities for damages to life, limb, character, reputation, property, and/or business resulting from the usage, assimilation, incorporation, replication, and/or distribution of said statements whether partial, complete, misquoted, or imagined. This disclaimer remains in effect despite any discrepancies or claims as to its legibility, comprehension, interpretation, subliminal suggestiveness, political affiliation, legality, visibility, and/or physical presence

Quote Originally Posted by Win2Win View Post
    If it was in Manchester you could easily pick up a local slapper for the night .... then back home to yours for fish'n'chips .... well something of hers will smell of fish anyway
    yes it will be the scouser jigger rabbits that hang around the centre of manchester that smells fishy, and not becuase we throw them in the ship canal to give them a wash

http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Admin's Assistant ^_^ raynaputi's Avatar
    Uhmm ..I'm just like that too (except the work part coz I can never do and go to work knowing I'm the only one there! )..you can ask boss keith, i often sulk and complain being like that ..hahaha..but i've gotten used to it..been like that a long time..but overall i think i'm still doing fine ..there were times that i feel so down but the next day, after a good chat with a friend or watching my fave tv show, i turn out to be okay still ..haha..so like what boss keith tells me, just hang on..your perfect match will come along in due time (can you guys believe he gives me advises?!?!?! )..just enjoy your life at the moment and accept everything that happens coz the loneliness/emptiness you feel will be gone at the right time
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

Rayna just pm kimmi she loves to get her cheering clothes on

Absit invidia

Admin's Assistant ^_^ raynaputi's Avatar
    Rayna just pm kimmi she loves to get her cheering clothes on

then what???
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

Arcane Forum Magic
    Absit invidia

Awww poor guy, I've noticed Filipino's don't like being lonely...I LOVE having time myself personally...really I do!

I've definately felt painful loneliness in the past, but I feel so happy these days that I find myself chatting to everyone everywhere I go! Every shop, site I deliver to, every cafe I go in, chat, chat, chat, to people I never even met before! My Vimvie thinks I'm stange for doing this, but I recommend it! Just start chatting to each and everyone you meet! At the bus stop, newsagents, absolutely everywhere!

There are 7 Planes Of Existance:

7 — Material Plane: The earth, where you are right now.
    6 — Plane of Forces
    5 — Astral Plane
    4 — Mental Plane
    3 — Too mysterious to describe.
    2 — Too mysterious to describe.
    1 — Too mysterious to describe.

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by triple5 View Post
    Been there, Tim, and know how easy it is to get stuck in a rut. My cure was travel. I've done it a few times now where I've been peed off with my surroundings and life in general so I just sold up and hit the road jack. People have said to me don't I get lonely travelling alone, but I've always found it relatively easy to make new friends along the way.

Look on the bright side - at least your young, free and single. You got nothing to tie you down. Believe me, life's even worse when you're stuck in a relationship you're not happy with and can't see a way out.

What's that saying? A change is as good as rest.
    Pretty much the same as my own situation. I've always been an independent traveller and even when I was married I had to travel alone to Europe for or 5 times a year for business meetings. Making new friends is easy, just open your mouth and talk, but more importantly, listen. We have one mouth and 2 ears for a very good reason.
    So when my marriage hit the rocks, I decided to use my new found freedom to travel the world and go to all the places that would have been difficult to justify a solo trip when I was married.
    I'm loving my life at the moment, I can go anywhere I like without having to justify it to anyone (except my bank balance).
    Life's too short to feel sorry for yourself when thing's don't go your way. Make the most of every day, if you think positively you will attract good luck, but if you think negatively, all that ever happens to you is bad luck.

I could be really pee'd off about my flight if it gets cancelled tomorrow, but what's the point, it won't change anything. If it's cancelled it's cancelled and there's not much I can do about it. So why waste energy being upset about it if I can't change the outcome?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Englishman2010 View Post
    Pretty much the same as my own situation. I've always been an independent traveller and even when I was married I had to travel alone to Europe for or 5 times a year for business meetings. Making new friends is easy, just open your mouth and talk, but more importantly, listen. We have one mouth and 2 ears for a very good reason.
    So when my marriage hit the rocks, I decided to use my new found freedom to travel the world and go to all the places that would have been difficult to justify a solo trip when I was married.
    I'm loving my life at the moment, I can go anywhere I like without having to justify it to anyone (except my bank balance).
    Life's too short to feel sorry for yourself when thing's don't go your way. Make the most of every day, if you think positively you will attract good luck, but if you think negatively, all that ever happens to you is bad luck.

I could be really pee'd off about my flight if it gets cancelled tomorrow, but what's the point, it won't change anything. If it's cancelled it's cancelled and there's not much I can do about it. So why waste energy being upset about it if I can't change the outcome?
    I guess there's a chance it may be cancelled with that ash cloud then? That's a pity, but like you say not much you can do, so no point getting stressed. At least we live in an age where there is such a thing as planes It'd take months on a boat Always try and look at the positives

Every trip to and from the phils I've had somebody to chat to beside me, makes the trip go a lot quicker. I've actually turned down trips with friends, as I prefer to travel alone. I don't want to be tied to somebody, doing everything together, I like to get out there and mix with the natives

Banned
    Sorry for that friend! I wish you to find the best woman for you soon!

If you are looking for a filipina partner here in the uK, the chance is little. Imho
    I have met some students in Edinburgh last Saturday and one of them is searching. But she seems very picky. Maybe because she's just arrived here but there's already some men on queue.

But if you will travel, I am sure there are loads of queue infront of you.

Please don't give up and cheer up Always remember that good people are hard to find.

Goodluck

Quote Originally Posted by Win2Win View Post

Sorry to know about this Tim. You must be feeling unlucky and lonely for what happened to you, but at the right time you will find the girl meant for you .
    Though you do not write books, you are the writer of your life. Because everything depends on YOU.

Devon - no - Oxford - no - Stalybridge - no - errr - UK

Smile

I'm back in Devon now and also feeling lonely. Hmmmmmm.........friends required - only qualification: ability to go for a pint and a chat together.

Al.
    Pressed rat and warthog closed down their shop!

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    I'm back in Devon now and also feeling lonely. Hmmmmmm.........friends required - only qualification: ability to go for a pint and a chat together.

Al.
    Did you give up them evil white sticks yet Alan?

6 — Plane of Forces
    5 — Astral Plane
    4 — Mental Plane

Quote Originally Posted by nigel View Post
    Did you give up them evil white sticks yet Alan?
    Nigel im shocked Als only a little shortsighted not blind
    Absit invidia

Nigel im shocked Als only a little shortsighted not blind
    Um, I think my font has been a be a bit on the large size...sorrweee!

6 — Plane of Forces
    5 — Astral Plane
    4 — Mental Plane

Quote Originally Posted by nigel View Post
    Um, I think my font has been a be a bit on the large size...sorrweee!
    Eeeek that still looks too big...how about this? Testing..testing..

6 — Plane of Forces
    5 — Astral Plane
    4 — Mental Plane

Quote Originally Posted by raynaputi View Post
    Uhmm ..I'm just like that too (except the work part coz I can never do and go to work knowing I'm the only one there! )..you can ask boss keith, i often sulk and complain being like that ..hahaha..but i've gotten used to it..been like that a long time..but overall i think i'm still doing fine ..there were times that i feel so down but the next day, after a good chat with a friend or watching my fave tv show, i turn out to be okay still ..haha..so like what boss keith tells me, just hang on..your perfect match will come along in due time (can you guys believe he gives me advises?!?!?! )..just enjoy your life at the moment and accept everything that happens coz the loneliness/emptiness you feel will be gone at the right time
    Right finally got to the chance to reply here properly! I guess it's when I want to really do something, but there is no-one, that it gets to me. Yeah, of course I want a partner etc, but I'm used to spending time on my own and most the time it's ok, but like I say, it's when you especially want to spend time out with someone and you can't that it's so frustrating!

Yes, when you are asleep you're not alone, but it can stop you getting to sleep if on occasion, it's bothering you that much!

As it happens, it's not so bad now, as my friend decided to go to the music gig in the end! I said he needn't pay for the ticket-I'd rather pay for it and have company, than sell it or of course waste it. Drove down to Brighton, had scampi & chips by the sea-front on a gorgeous sunny spring afternoon. Got some good pics, which I'll put up later when I get the chance. Here's some Youtube links to Ellie Goulding who it was we saw last night:

http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...+goulding&aq=f

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PULdPep_xfs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrHL2...eature=channel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0t0D...eature=related

Also going out for an Indian curry in London tonight. Still got no-one to go with me on the car run to the coast tomorrow though!

Thread Information