Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Did I understand my lawyer correctly:

Now that I have the decision (petition granted, marriage "null and void"), the court will mail copies of the decision to:

1."Recipient"

2. The LCR of where the wedding took place or was celebrated

3. The Solicitor General

4. The LCR of where the petition was heard and

5. The court where petition was heard (in short, five agencies to be sent copies of the decision).

Once they have all replied back to the court and their replies are received by the court, then starts the 15 days count of waiting. If no appeal is made within this 15 days, then FINALITY will be issued - which I then have to get and report to the local civil registrar of the city where marriage took place and where the petition was filed/granted. Finally, report/file this to the NSO?

Please correct me if I've misunderstood ... thanks!

Hi, everyone!

I noticed no one had answers for my question in my last post. Sorry if I had too many questions. You all might be used to these questions now. I just wanted to update you all, the process of finality has started since nearly two weeks now. I still do not know any info about that "publication" i read in an article. My lawyer also did not mention anything about this so I guess I do not need to worry about that anymore. Now I will just rant... what my lawyer suggested after we received the decision, that I pay for personal delivery of the decision letter to all 5 agencies involved so that the finality process will speed up or at least not too delayed. His secretary explained that if we just waited for the court to send them by post, (and we all know how the postal service here is so reliable and so fast lol), it will take longer to reach the agencies and of course they will also need time to post their responses as well. In short, secretary explained that personal delivery is faster than waiting for court to post the letter to the agencies that needs to be furnished a copy of. I had to pay for this service. But now guess what? I was told, it will still take a month! Grrrrrrr! I pray things here will change for the better and soon!!! Grrrrrrr!

i read everywhere, once decision has been granted, one only needs to wait for 15 days then finality document can be claimed? or did i misunderstand? -which might explain why I am now disappointed in hearing about the "finality might take a month" before I can get it.

You need to contact to your legal representative.

I do not have a legal rep anymore... when my lawyer accepted my case more than a year ago, he mentioned to me that he will help me until the decision is achieved but after that, "finality" is not part of his service anymore. I asked, what is finality. He explained it is easy and not expensive and I can do that on my own. I was naive, I said ok. I thought the difficult part was the annulment. Never heard of "finality" until that day I met with the lawyer when he accepted my case. Today, I am realizing that even though I now have a court decision letter saying the marriage was null and void, I am still not free to marry until I get this finality. It is like, a half baked cake :(

I understand, I should not ask for legal advice here.. i guess I am just ranting. :((

Quote Originally Posted by DAnn View Post
    I do not have a legal rep anymore... when my lawyer accepted my case more than a year ago, he mentioned to me that he will help me until the decision is achieved but after that, "finality" is not part of his service ...a half baked cake :(
    you cannot marry again until you have the ''Absolute finality of Annulment''..youve been ripped-off !!
    ''Don't be serious..Be Sincere''

Hi, everyone!

I noticed no one had answers for my question in my last post. Sorry if I had too many questions. You all might be used to these questions now. I just wanted to update you all, the process of finality has started since nearly two weeks now. I still do not know any info about that "publication" i read in an article. My lawyer also did not mention anything about this so I guess I do not need to worry about that anymore. Now I will just rant... what my lawyer suggested after we received the decision, that I pay for personal delivery of the decision letter to all 5 agencies involved so that the finality process will speed up or at least not too delayed. His secretary explained that if we just waited for the court to send them by post, (and we all know how the postal service here is so reliable and so fast lol), it will take longer to reach the agencies and of course they will also need time to post their responses as well. In short, secretary explained that personal delivery is faster than waiting for court to post the letter to the agencies that needs to be furnished a copy of. I had to pay for this service.
    We provided you all the links to read and understand or to give you idea , that is why you pay lawyers , let them do their job!!

Quote Originally Posted by sars_notd_virus View Post
    you cannot marry again until you have the ''Absolute finality of Annulment''..youve been ripped-off !!
    hi, sars_notd_virus...
    yes i realized this now... i wish i knew and understood better much earlier. all the while, people I have spoken to before I filed for annulment just talked about annulment itself. No one mentioned this "absolute finality of annulment" until that day my layer said the word "finality" and like what i posted earlier, he gave me the impression it is not something to worry about when i asked what it is. I was happy when he said he will help me with my petition until the decision is granted. He said, he will not be doing the "finality". He said I can do it on my own. So I said ok. Now, I am waiting for this finality and praying and hoping it will not take 7 months because that is when our wedding is set. Anyways from all articles we read, they all say 15 days then I can get a finality. It should not be long now.

We provided you all the links to read and understand or to give you idea , that is why you pay lawyers , let them do their job!!
    yes, thank you for the link you posted. My fiance and I read a lot. It helps. Sometimes, it gets us more confused. I am grateful to my lawyer for helping me with my annulment petition but I wish he explained to me how important this finality is. I don't know if he just didn't want to do that or he really doesn't give that service or why he did not offer to do it for me to begin with. Now that the decision has been granted, I am on my own on getting this finality thing. No lawyer.

Now that the decision has been granted, I am on my own on getting this finality thing. No lawyer.
    Youve got the decision now yeah? ..have you got the ''Entry of Judgement''?
    It can only become final if the notices have been sent and no appeals from the Sol Gen or the prosecutor.

It took 3 years for my wifes anullment

Youve got the decision now yeah? ..have you got the ''Entry of Judgement''?
    It can only become final if the notices have been sent and no appeals from the Sol Gen or the prosecutor.
    Hi sars_notd_virus,
    I believe the documents you mentioned above can be obtained soon. The decision was personally delivered to agencies. I paid for this personal delivery service. There might be people out here who are also going through the same situation, specially those who already made it through this annulment to finality process. I hope they read this too, that they might be able to share their experience so we can get an idea of how long this process might take.

Quote Originally Posted by jonnijon View Post
    It took 3 years for my wifes anullment
    Oh dear! That is one long annulment process! May I ask when her annulment petition was filed and when the decision was granted, and last but not least, when she got the finality?

well i,m waiting to return to uk and my g f will start divorce proceedings from there .we are on our 3rd year together in the philippines unless she can find a lawyer with a fixed price she won,t pay their high fee,s for annulment.he also wants annulment as he is with somebody else.Although its classed as a serious offence its often ignored as there are so many people who simply do not have the funds to get annuled

Hi sars_notd_virus,
    There might be people out here who are also going through the same situation, specially those who already made it through this annulment to finality process. idea of how long this process might take.
    Been there, done that...My annulment got sorted in less than a year.
    basically the process is similar to jenky...before we started the case , the lawyer and I made a written agreement about the fixed price 250,000 to be paid in three stages..full payment was made when I got the final decree of annulment.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenky View Post

fixed price of 200,000 pesos, paid in three stages as the annulment process progressed. Expensive yes! but all I can say is she is 100 percent trustworty and reliable. She answered my many many many emails promptly every single time, and kept us informed of the progress. Even giving my wife her own address and personal cellphone number.

...as long as you got the Entry of Judgement then I think you will be fine to process it on your own , bring the Decision and Entry of Judgement to the LCRO of your first marriage then go to court where your lawyer file the case then by then the court can issue your final decree of annulment.

DAnn, can i ask how much did you pay for the lawyer who process your annulment papers and just come up until the Decision from the court?

Hi all! Me again. And of course, confused again. Sorry.

Just wanted to ask if anyone here who has a recent experience about obtaining this finality thingy that you are supposed to obtain after the annulment decision has been granted by the court. All the links/annulment articles i read says after the decision has been granted and you wait 15 days then you can get this FINALITY thing. It's been way more than 15 days and I still don't have this finality paper. I would appreciate very much if anyone would be able to share their experience or let me know if this is normal waiting this long or is it too early still? or how long in reality that one has to wait before finally getting this "finality"? I pray that that day will come soon, when the local government offices will be more efficient and reliable. That if they said 15 days, it shall be 15 days, full stop! Grrrrr! Sorry I am such a dreamer :(

Hi all! Me again. And of course, confused again. Sorry.

Just wanted to ask if anyone here who has a recent experience about obtaining this finality thingy that you are supposed to obtain after the annulment decision has been granted by the court. All the links/annulment articles i read says after the decision has been granted and you wait 15 days then you can get this FINALITY thing. It's been way more than 15 days and I still don't have this finality paper. I would appreciate very much if anyone would be able to share their experience or let me know if this is normal waiting this long or is it too early still? or how long in reality that one has to wait before finally getting this "finality"? I pray that that day will come soon, when the local government offices will be more efficient and reliable. That if they said 15 days, it shall be 15 days, full stop! Grrrrr! Sorry I am such a dreamer :(
    Dann, you cannot have the FINALITY if you dont have the DECISION and ENTRY OF JUDGEMENT!!

Dann, you cannot have the FINALITY if you dont have the DECISION and ENTRY OF JUDGEMENT!!
    Yes, of course. I do have the decision letter on hand. Got it early March. And soon after I received it, paid for a personal delivery instead of the court using the country's very fast & reliable postal service (lol)
    You see, its been way more than 15 days since then... I just wanted to ask those who went through this process of waiting for finality after the decision... Is it normal that it is taking this long as opposed to the "15 days" that annulment articles show? We are now on the last week of Apr.

Newbie (Restricted Access)
    Hi D'Ann and Sars, may I know where you filed your annulment case? I am planning to file an annulment and I'm wondering how long should I wait for the decision. I'm a newbie and seems like I cannot pm you guys yet.

Thanks so much for any information.

A recent article by Pinay journalist, Ana P Santos, about the experience of her annulment.

http://www.theatlantic.com/internati...ulment/396449/

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information