Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Banned

Question o2 Unlimited International Calls £5/month not Philippines

http://iff.o2.co.uk/default.aspx

O2 International Friends and Family

Keep in touch with your special friends around the world with your O2 mobile

Give your friends and family abroad a cheap way to contact you on your O2 mobile

Just add it to your O2 mobile account and make unlimited international calls anytime

£5/ month to one number

It isn't available to the Philippines

Blame the Philippines for charging high rates for incoming international calls so they can fleece more $$$$$ from folk overseas.
    Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

Respected Member
    After nearly having a heart attack when I saw my 02 mobile bill last time I went to the Phil's, I've set my kids up on Skype and Yahoo IM now so that I can keep in touch with them when I'm away.
    I've also added an overseas data pacakge to my phone so that I can still send and receive e-mails and go on line from my phone if I am out of range of a free wi-fi hotspot. I can't remember the exact details, but it's just under £50 for 31 days and it's a sizeable chunk of data you can download, certainly more than enough to leave the data connection switched on 24/7 if you have a smart phone.

Quote Originally Posted by Englishman2010 View Post
    After nearly having a heart attack when I saw my 02 mobile bill last time I went to the Phil's, I've set my kids up on Skype and Yahoo IM now so that I can keep in touch with them when I'm away.
    I've also added an overseas data pacakge to my phone so that I can still send and receive e-mails and go on line from my phone if I am out of range of a free wi-fi hotspot. I can't remember the exact details, but it's just under £50 for 31 days and it's a sizeable chunk of data you can download, certainly more than enough to leave the data connection switched on 24/7 if you have a smart phone.
    My phone wouldnt work in the Philippines, so I called o2 from a landline and they told me that they dont have an agreement with a Philppines network provider. I suppose i should have checked before I went. I will certainly make sure before I go next time.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by englishbird View Post
    My phone wouldnt work in the Philippines, so I called o2 from a landline and they told me that they dont have an agreement with a Philppines network provider. I suppose i should have checked before I went. I will certainly make sure before I go next time.
    Easiest way is to buy a Philipinnes PAYG Sim when you get there and stick it in your phone which if it's o2 if I'm not mistaken will not be locked. I favour the Smart network rather than Globe (no particular reason except Globes mobile internet set up is called Tattoo and I loath tats )

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by englishbird View Post
    I'm with 02 too and mine was working in January, the signal was sometimes a bit poor, but that is down to the network I'd roamed to's coverage.

Thread Information