Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by A_flyer View Post
    I think he needs to have more than 15 or 20 posts in the forum to be able to PM someone.

annaportugaliza

Please ask the moderators to turn on my PM facility.

Jimbo

Remember....if you go there.....you then need to come back and work for 6 months before you can even consider seeing her again, and she can put in a visa app.

Not sure why you are making this complicated. Simple thing to do is sort things out this end, get her a visa, holiday over there for 2 weeks sorting out the papers.....she gets the visa......can be here in a few months, you way it will take well over a year to bring her here.

You keep proving you are not thinking straight. If you want to spend 6 months living there, backup with £10,000.
    Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

Win2win,

I don't like your accuse of not thinking straight...
    I'm keen to accept advices, not judgements.

Furthermore, your suggestion is not practicable, as she still has to BEGIN her annulment procedure, which we all know it takes far more than one year. So she CAN'T be here in a few months as u say maybe forgetting about that "small" detail...

And, sorry to disappoint you, I'm going to live there with no more than £ 200 per month.

Haven`t you gone yet?

Where are you going to put all that money?
    People like Tim might suggest not giving it to the mother in law (to be) for safe keeping!!

LOL yes Fred your right!

Please think about where you are going to keep your money as you will not be able to open a bank account here.

And my number one rule is trust no one here!

Please take it from someone who has been here and got a very worn t shirt! 200 pounds a month is ok if you are only going to eat pure Filipino food, it wont last if you want to use "Shakeys"- Pizza place or KFC because the money just wont last, cola is 35 pesos a bottle and you will drink loads here because of the weather.

Water is 40 pesos for a container etc etc.

Please also look at Empott,s situation i know exactly how they feel, i am thinking of returning too as its very difficult to start a good business here without big capital, i.e 500000-1000000 pesos.

Tim and Judith

I know I cannot open a bank account.

Why do u think I upgraded my British bank account to a [I]Plus[I] one? Coz I can withdraw money from any ATM machine worldwide free of charge

Quote Originally Posted by halfluke View Post
    I know I cannot open a bank account.

Why do u think I upgraded my British bank account to a [i]Plus[i] one? Coz I can withdraw money from any ATM machine worldwide free of charge
    Don't dream, it's never free of charge, even if they pretend to they will lower the exchange rate to make you pay...
    Best regards.
    Yves

good luck halfluke, sounds like your going to go , your doing what i've been thinking of for years, but my head still rules my heart, i know if me and the wife and kids go, we will be worse off, doctors pay over there is a joke around £200 a month, ive got debts here to pay off, a dog to take care off, and a 2 month old bb.

but soon as we've got enough, like Fred, i b on that plane, sat under a palm tree while me wife works

hehehe

And, sorry to disappoint you, I'm going to live there with no more than £ 200 per month.
    I live in one of my parents house so that means im rent-free... I live ALONE and live a VERY SIMPLE life ... I'm eating mostly filipino food and usually have dinner in my parents house....and yet 200 pounds (sorry no pound sign in my keyboard) is not enough for my monthly expenses... How much more when my hubby was here?

So think... for a foreigner, visiting for a couple of months is ok but staying here is

Anyway, good luck!
    Faith makes all things possible.
    makes them easy.

Win2win,

I don't like your accuse of not thinking straight...
    I'm keen to accept advices, not judgements.

Furthermore, your suggestion is not practicable, as she still has to BEGIN her annulment procedure, which we all know it takes far more than one year. So she CAN'T be here in a few months as u say maybe forgetting about that "small" detail...

£200

I know about the annulment, and if you took the time to read this forum you will know that monay talks in the Philippines, and it can easily be done in much less than a year.

I would have thought sorting out the annulment ASAP, and getting the other half here, was more important than going to live in poverty, and buggering up the visa process in the future. But then....what do I know....and the other giving you advice on here?
    Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

I've met people here who live with less than that, and who have the same authority as you to give advices.

I live in UK with £500, so let's see...

One other thing to remember, keep some money if you get ill. If you end up in hospital like i did then it will be expensive. I spent 8 days in a hospital that looked like it was bombed and in Iraq not Manila, not nice!

Also dont lose your ATM card as you wont be set another one!

Halfluke..
    Good advice from Tim there!!
    Cebu has a great hospital but a little expensive for local budgets.
    Don`t drink the water..Only the beer.
    When drinking beer from bottle, drink it through closed teeth.
    This stops any old cockroaches that were left in the bottle during the "cleaning" process entering your mouth.
    Dont worry..P20,000 is plenty. You`ll be fine..
    Just eat lots of cheap Filipino food like Diniguan and balot.. In your wifes province of Bohol the local delicacy is sea urchin with boiled rice!!
    Its a bit mushy in the mouth but the taste is.....(never mind..its cheap)
    While I was there we were eating those flying fish(bit like roll mops)raw as a polutan..Luvvly jubblly!!
    What type of place have you rented in Cebu?
    If you dont mind,how much is your monthly rent there?

I'm just checking private insurances in the Philippines with my g/f.

I'm not going to reply to messages teasing me and the philippines.

I'll just listen to useful informations which can help me in my staying there.

Dont waste your time. You have to be working to qualify to get sss etc and also most insurances here are a con!

Just save some some money back in case!

That's not true sorry.

My g/f has just asked her insurance company and I can have the same insurance as her.

Halffluke. I wasn`t teasing man..Honest!!
    In regards insurance you have a few options. Most of them will reinburse you after your time spent in a hospital so you will still need cash up front.
    Blue cross are popular as are Bupa international and Fil health.

Quote Originally Posted by fred View Post
    Halfluke..
    When drinking beer from bottle, drink it through closed teeth.
    This stops any old cockroaches that were left in the bottle during the "cleaning" process entering your mouth.
    Whatever... I have already taken my decision.
    I'm going.
    And this topic should stick to legal matters, which are postponed until the beginning of her annulment procedure.
    She's not an average girl: she's 40, educated, working at a high level for the government.
    I'm taking my risks, but in a sense I've got less to lose in UK than her in the Philippines.

Regards,
    halfluke

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information