Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
    The Philippine authorities play no part in your visa application.
    Jimbo
    Yes they do....The British Embassy now checks all details with them.
    Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

Absolutely, European Embassies verify the papers and the status of the Filipino citizen thru the Philippines administration. And if they smell something strange or unclear, visa is denied. Most Euroepan countries are tightening their imigration rules. That's why it's always better to follow rules and requirements, even if we all would like to shorten them!

And don't forget he is not a UK citizen but an Italian one. So it make it a bit more difficult (IE it's usually not possible to request a Fiancé visa outside its home and citizenship country, Italy in his case).
    Best regards.
    Yves

European Embassies verify the papers and the status of the Filipino citizen thru the Philippines administration. And if they smell something strange or unclear, visa is denied
    You seem to be implying that obtaining a divorce is illegal. It is not.

Last year my wife successfully obtained her fiancé visa at the British Embassy in Manila. We were totally honest and open about all our circumstances.
    The fact that my Filipino wife had divorced her Filipino husband while she was overseas was not an issue as in British law we were free to marry.

I would not presume that Halfluke’s case would be successful as every case is individual. However statements that it is not possible to obtain a fiancé visa with a legal divorce are simply not true.

Jimbo

It is bigamy under Philippine law no matter what way you look at it, and we DO NOT condone illegal means on this forum.

THIS IS QUITE ODD!

EITHER it is bigamy and illegal, OR the British embassy in Manila granted the visa with a divorce obtained abroad.

I can't imagine that a the British Embassy availed an illegal situation with some grease money...

It's all here http://filipinaroses.com/showthread.php?t=2398 It's bigamy in the Philippines unless you have had a legal annulment in the Philippines.

If you get a divorce in the UK, the UK witll recognise that divorce....but return to the Philippines and the UK marriage is not recognised as you are still legally married to the original husband. In effect....bigamy.

And who cares about bigamy if the British embassy would let you have a visa??
    It seems that two different legislations are allowed to coexist here...

Your Wife I think...
    Anyway when coming together to the Phils you will not be able to use any of the advantages to be her Spouse as you have no rights there. You will be a visitor only.

Other thing is that Guam is a US territory so she needs a US visa to go there. Getting a Tourist Visa from the US Embassy is not easier than getting one from the European Embassies.

As I said before, better to use the regular way than trying to trick the system.
    Best regards.
    Yves

I want to say again that I don't want to trick the system.

The problem is that it seems the system ALLOWES to be tricked someway.

That really sounds strange to me.

Even the nuns at the CFO in Manila were pragmatic enough to accept that divorce and annulment are equivalent. My wife gave her status as divorced and they endorsed her passport that contained her fiancé visa.

Jimbo

When marrying a Foreigner (meaning one has another Citizenship than yours), each Citizen have to follow the marriage laws and rules of his/her Citizenship country (and if residing abroad of both Citizenship Country, the marriage laws and rules of the living Country).
    So it can be a bit complicate!
    If not living in the Citizenship country, it's your personal choice if you don't want to follow your Citizenship country laws and rules. You should not have any difficulties if you do not go back to your Citizenship Country (except if you need some paperwork linked to this marriage). But if you do you may encounter some small or big difficulties (I don't see any Filipina not coming back to the Philippines from time to time, like you will surely visit Italy from time to time!).

If your case she's in UK with a Student visa and can't file a divorce there as not a resident. So she have to go back to the Philippines.She can surely file and get a divorce in Guam or Las Vegas but will have to travel there. In both case, she will need a US tourist visa (B-1 visa) and as tourist visa it's hard to get for a Filipina (hard but not impossible, just know that 90% are rejected).

So I think, even if I perfertly understand it's a long and difficult process, that the best way for both of you is her to file in court an annulment procedure in the Philippines.
    In the middle you can try to request a tourist visa for UK. It's like playing lotto: you pay first and then a few win, most lost.
    Best regards.
    Yves

Ok
    The situation is perfectly... unclear

Jimbo,
    are u an UK citizen right?
    where did she file? in UK?
    was she resident in UK? With what kind of visa?

Just to know the "alternative" side of the matter...

Well, Jimbo seems to be disappeared.

Anyway, I'm moving to Cebu this June to be close to my g/f as long as possible, possibly until she gets her annulment.
    I'll use my savings.
    Wish me good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by halfluke View Post
    Wish me good luck!
    Good luck
    Best regards.
    Yves

Halfluke

I seem to be locked out of sending you an e-mail or private message via this forum.
    The administrators have made it clear that they do not condone this line of action.

Anyway best of luck in whatever course of action you decide on.

Jimbo

Halfluke

I seem to be locked out of sending you an e-mail or private message via this forum.
    The administrators have made it clear that they do not condone this line of action.

Jimbo
    what about halfluke@katamail.com?

Now all the SpamBots will be spydering your email

Don't worry Win2Win, I already receive so many spams... that's my "spam" e-mail address.
    But the problem is: why can't Jimbo send me a private message through the forum?

why can't Jimbo send me a private message through the forum?
    I think he needs to have more than 15 or 20 posts in the forum to be able to PM someone.

Quote Originally Posted by halfluke
    Anyway, I'm moving to Cebu this June to be close to my g/f as long as possible, possibly until she gets her annulment.
    I'll use my savings.
    Yes, BUT don't forget than you will have to prove your financial support to be able to get a visa for her. You will need banks statements and payslips... Just have this in mind.
    Best regards.
    Yves

My financial support is something for the future.
    I'll give up my job to go there, and I'll stay as long as possible living as cheaply as possible.
    I asked her whether she wanted my money for an annulment or she wanted my presence, and she chose my presence...
    So the future is a big X for both of us.
    That's why I asked to wish me good luck

You really should plan for your future together, not the short term, as we've all waited for our girls, I waited 2 years.

You are right. But we can't stay without each other so long.
    I can't... in two years I could be already dead... who knows?

Hi Halfluke,

I have read all the posts and it seems you are in a tricky position.

All i would say is before you go travelling off to Cebu and living on your savings please read my story on this forum i,m sure keith will put a lik up for it.

While you are living here things can go wrong VERY wrong as i found out, and believe me life here with no money is not good believe me!

If you go make sure you have a return ticket, and dont forget your visa, you can oly stay here 3 weeks legally as a visitor, then you will need to apply for extesions etc.

But whatever you do good luck.

Tim and Judith

P.S sorry for the spelling mistakes, my "n" stopped working on my keyboard

Newbie (Restricted Access)
    Halfluke

Jimbo
    jimbo, can i send you email? please! i have the same problem but much more complicated.

Hello Halfluke, I know im in no position to give advices but if i were u, u better think 10x before coming and living here. My hubby decided to come and live here more than a year ago. He loves my city and the people here. He said everyone's friendly and respectful and its a very safe place to live. I live in a city in the province so things are cheaper than in Manila. But then if u dont have tons of money, its hard for a foreigner to live here. We have a small biz here plus have some savings, but after paying the visa extensions, monthly bills and rent, groceries, food and fast food deliveries (LOL) and other stuff... u will find that ur money is gone after a year. The biz is a big help but it can only pay for ur daily expenses. U have to think of the money for going out of the country too. (U have to leave the country after a year of visa extensions). So before my hubby's money ran out, he went back to UK. And thats our problem now. After living together for almost a year, parting is sooo hard. If its just the airfare, i could have flown there now. But he cant take me easily coz the visa requires his current 6 months of savings and payslips... and he's just back in UK The wait seems like forever.

If u come and live here u might find urself in the same predicament like ours. Hope this can help u make up ur mind....
    Faith makes all things possible.
    makes them easy.

Ooooops, am i on the wrong thread?
    Faith makes all things possible.
    makes them easy.

Quote Originally Posted by empott View Post
    Hello Halfluke, I know im in no position to give advices but if i were u, u better think 10x before coming and living here. My hubby decided to come and live here more than a year ago. He loves my city and the people here. He said everyone's friendly and respectful and its a very safe place to live. I live in a city in the province so things are cheaper than in Manila. But then if u dont have tons of money, its hard for a foreigner to live here. We have a small biz here plus have some savings, but after paying the visa extensions, monthly bills and rent, groceries, food and fast food deliveries (LOL) and other stuff... u will find that ur money is gone after a year. The biz is a big help but it can only pay for ur daily expenses. U have to think of the money for going out of the country too. (U have to leave the country after a year of visa extensions). So before my hubby's money ran out, he went back to UK. And thats our problem now. After living together for almost a year, parting is sooo hard. If its just the airfare, i could have flown there now. But he cant take me easily coz the visa requires his current 6 months of savings and payslips... and he's just back in UK The wait seems like forever.

If u come and live here u might find urself in the same predicament like ours. Hope this can help u make up ur mind....

yes thats true!
    tiger tigress

♥♥♥♥Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, While loving someone deeply gives you courage♥♥♥♥.

You are right. But we can't stay without each other so long.
    I can't... in two years I could be already dead... who knows?
    Well we ALL have the problem to wait her coming several months (or years). I made it in 1 year and a half.
    Remember that you MUST meet the requirements for her to get a visa (you need a place in Europe where you live (with proofs) and have/earn enough money (with proofs) to support her).

Some European countries requires you to stay several month or year before applying for a family reunification visa (IE 2 years in France).

So think of all this carefully before you go there (always keep a B plan ready!).

BLOCK also somewhere enough money to come back to Europe (when I say block, you must not use it for anything else than travelling back and settle in a Europan country). Don't be blocked without money in the Philippines, it's very hard to find a job that will make you earn enough money to travel back.
    Best regards.
    Yves

So many people suddenly taking part to this thread!

Yes, ladies and gentlemens, I'm not AS crazy as I may look.

I'm planning to stay for 6 months, I'll have a return ticket and some BLOCKED money to use when I'm back to settle again somewhere.

I'm also planning to change job sector when I'm back, and I'm studying for some Microsoft certifications in the meanwhile.

After all, I haven't got a proper career at the moment, and my future would be a big X after June here in UK as well.

I'm going to read Timandjudith's topic now...

Regards and thanks,
    halfluke

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information