Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Respected Member

Something's happening!

As you know, back at the end of Feb, Yam handed over all the stuff to the embassy for her spouse visa.

Today I contacted immigration on the Isle of Man who have informed me that they received Yam's application from the embassy yesterday and have responded back.

I'm not sure whether to be optimistic or pessimistic about the quick turnaround!

Quote Originally Posted by DaveUK View Post
    I'm not sure whether to be optimistic or pessimistic about the quick turnaround!
    I doubt they have much to do on the IOM
    Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Win2Win View Post
    I doubt they have much to do on the IOM
    lol I was impressed when he said they replied back to the embassy via e-mail! Didn't know they were that advanced in the Manx Government!

lol I was impressed when he said they replied back to the embassy via e-mail! Didn't know they were that advanced in the Manx Government!
    Didn't you know, they've had 13K Dial-up installed
    Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Win2Win View Post
    Didn't you know, they've had 13K Dial-up installed
    13K?!? I must be living in the wrong part of the island! We haven't got it that fast yet!

As you know, back at the end of Feb, Yam handed over all the stuff to the embassy for her spouse visa.

Today I contacted immigration on the Isle of Man who have informed me that they received Yam's application from the embassy yesterday and have responded back.

I'm sure everything's fine Dave! Look at it THIS way: The IOM may be small ... but its Immigration System seems very efficient. I would imagine that that particular part of the process had been left until last ... and now it's been dealt with, it should be full-steam-ahead in issuing Yam's visa.

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Little View Post
    I'm sure everything's fine Dave! Look at it THIS way: The IOM may be small ... but its Immigration System seems very efficient. I would imagine that that particular part of the process had been left until last ... and now it's been dealt with, it should be full-steam-ahead in issuing Yam's visa.
    They're efficient because I don't think they have much to do!

When I enquired ages ago, IOM immigration stated that the embassy makes a decision and passes it on to the IOM to "review". But the IOM is pretty much duty-bound to do whatever the embassy decides! So it is still possible it could be a refusal!

Respected Member
    Anyone got any idea how long it takes the courier service to get your passport to Cebu from the embassy?

Yam got the text at lunchtime saying it was on its way! I'm assuming they don't deliver at weekends so to probably expect it on Monday maybe. Am I wrong?

Banned
    Anyone got any idea how long it takes the courier service to get your passport to Cebu from the embassy?

Yam got the text at lunchtime saying it was on its way! I'm assuming they don't deliver at weekends so to probably expect it on Monday maybe. Am I wrong?
    wow congartulation ahead dave..im sure its good news... yammust have it by tmorrows...i just got my kids english passort from hk..expect it tomrrow ph time
    this is good news i think youw wife lodge his application feb 22if im right fo fast just monnths and she gonna have it weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ross View Post
    wow congartulation ahead dave..im sure its good news... yammust have it by tmorrows...i just got my kids english passort from hk..expect it tomrrow ph time
    this is good news i think youw wife lodge his application feb 22if im right fo fast just monnths and she gonna have it weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    Cheers. All the stuff was handed in to the embassy on Feb 26th, so it's a month exactly.

Did just check the courier services website, and it looks like Yam might have to wait until Monday unfortunately if their shipping times are anything to go by!

Banned
    Cheers. All the stuff was handed in to the embassy on Feb 26th, so it's a month exactly.

Did just check the courier services website, and it looks like Yam might have to wait until Monday unfortunately if their shipping times are anything to go by!
    oh lol i totally forget tomrow are sturday but i can rem saturday DHL deliver but i guess same with 2 GO?
    ANYWAY IT GOOD NEWS AM SURE TO That..might not be 100 percent but should be 101 percent hahahaha

cheers mate

hopefully it's good news....

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by yam View Post
    hopefully it's good news....
    it should be..

oh no whole weekend to bite nails and worry - but it all sounds good, so sit back and wait for the joy!

Cheers Dave. It is GOOD NEWS! Think positive. I had my visa 4wks and 2days after i lodged my application. They are that efficient! God bless. x

Thread Information