Quote Originally Posted by IanB View Post
Something I can comment intelligently on at last - being a former railway person! In fact I can understand why the OP is annoyed. Until recently OFF PEAK for travel to London on a travelcard meant deaprting your station any time after 09:30. There were few or no restrictions on returning home. The reason was simple: the morning peak is very concentrated and hard to get seats; the evening peak is more spread out because a lot of us commuters work late or, more likely, drift off to the pub. As a result you can nearly always get a seat on evening peak trains.

So, the only reason for changing the rules was to make more money.
Hello IanB! Thank you for joining in and your comment wait 2 secs to reload the image put a smile on my face ... just a lttile questin - who is OP?

And YES - I go in and out of London often using the Off Peak Travelcard not by choice but by circumtance ... since I travel around 10am I will get an Off-peak Travelcard and that I am expected to return late as well.

I am a good citizen abiding the rules and regulations but I am not a Yes Yes person. I have a reason for saying what I said. And it is good to hear from people like you who is open and opoen enough to see the other angle/point of discussion. wait 2 secs to reload the image