Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Respected Member maria_and_matt's Avatar

How long can we stay for in the Philippines?

This is Phil, Maria's husband. Maria finally applied and got her British Passport. We are all going back to the Philippines in July, I have looked at the Philippine Embassy website, and it did not provide me with an answer to my very simple question. How long can we all stay in the Philippines travelling on British passports? Maria have been very unhelpful, and told me to do my research, so here I am.

Thank you,

Phil.
    God grant me the serenity to accept the things i cannot change, the courage to change the things i can and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those people i had to kill because they pissed me off.

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by maria_and_matt View Post
    This is Phil, Maria's husband. Maria finally applied and got her British Passport. We are all going back to the Philippines in July, I have looked at the Philippine Embassy website, and it did not provide me with an answer to my very simple question. How long can we all stay in the Philippines travelling on British passports? Maria have been very unhelpful, and told me to do my research, so here I am.

Thank you,

Phil.
    Has she re-acquired her Philippines citizenship? If so she can obviously stay indefinitely. If she hasn't, but can prove she was a Philippines citizen to the immigration officer (old passport, etc) then she should be given a stamp for one year. In either case you will be given a year (might need to prove you are married).

Try searching for balikbayan visa for more details.

Hi Phil

21 Days, then just get a visa extension for....I've forgotten ...it's a few weeks though
    Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

Respected Member maria_and_matt's Avatar
    Hi Win, Maria is downstairs playing Farmville.

This site is great. Interesting reading.

Regards,

Phil.
    God grant me the serenity to accept the things i cannot change, the courage to change the things i can and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those people i had to kill because they pissed me off.

Hi Win, Maria is downstairs playing Farmville.

This site is great. Interesting reading.

Regards,

Phil.
    playing farmville?
    same as me?

Quote Originally Posted by Win2Win View Post
    Hi Phil

21 Days, then just get a visa extension for....I've forgotten ...it's a few weeks though
    The extension visit visa, will last 59 days...If you want to stay longer than that, you re-new it again.

You go to the Bureau of immigration, local to wherever you are...Of course it will cost you, to do this.

Quote Originally Posted by lizaphil View Post
    playing farmville?
    same as me?
    Give me a sheep .... mine are worn out
    Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

Maria is downstairs playing Farmville.
    Quote Originally Posted by lizaphil View Post
    playing farmville?
    same as me?
    same as my misses, everyday for hours

wheres me tea

Thank you,

Phil.
    Hi Phil,

Tish here
    Whenever we all travel to Philippines we all get balikbayan stamp which is valid for 1 year stay.

Hope this helps,

Phil you say your going back in july whats your intention in terms of staying?

The balikbayan is for sure the easy and cheapest option and if for example you were planing to settle you would have plenty of time to apply for a 13a actually its your missis that applies for her foreign husband pm me if you want any more info on these
    Absit invidia

DISCLAIMER: The information hereinabove may or may not be entirely accurate, relevant, forthright, verifiable, or coherent. KeithAngel, who shall herein be refered to as the 'Shining Beacon of Light', reserves the right to neither confirm, deny, justify, explain, or otherwise acknowledge any inquiry in regards to the validity, genuinity, construction, intent, and/or motive of any statements, gestures, and/or actions whether real, imagined, or transdimensional in origin. Further, the 'Shining Beacon of Light' shall be absolved of any and all legal, moral, and financial responsibilities for damages to life, limb, character, reputation, property, and/or business resulting from the usage, assimilation, incorporation, replication, and/or distribution of said statements whether partial, complete, misquoted, or imagined. This disclaimer remains in effect despite any discrepancies or claims as to its legibility, comprehension, interpretation, subliminal suggestiveness, political affiliation, legality, visibility, and/or physical presence

Try searching for balikbayan visa for more details.
    It is Not a visa or something that can be applied for at an embassy or elsewhere in the UK.. It is a privilege offered at the discretion of immigration officers at R.P air or sea ports after certain requirements have been fulfilled on arrival..

Quote Originally Posted by fred View Post
    It is Not a visa or something that can be applied for at an embassy or elsewhere in the UK.. It is a privilege offered at the discretion of immigration officers at R.P air or sea ports after certain requirements have been fulfilled on arrival..
    is one of the requirements a brown envelope

Quote Originally Posted by joebloggs View Post

So cynical...but probably very true?

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sim11UK View Post
    So cynical...but probably very true?
    Actually seems to be the opposite, never had any problems getting it ourselves and money has never changed hands.

Quote Originally Posted by joebloggs View Post

Well that depends Joe..Depends on if you have brought your wife along or not..
    If she is not accompanying you than 20 quid in your PP can usually by pass that particular requirement..
    Lots of guys working off shore with their wife here in the R.P that do this type of thing quite regularly when coming back home to P.I...
    Saves them a fortune in constant visa fees till they decide to go back to work.

Quote Originally Posted by fred View Post
    Or just in case the requirements have not been completely fulfilled, you just slip P1000 inside your passport when you hand it over to the immigration officer.

Quote Originally Posted by IainBusby View Post
    Or just in case the requirements have not been completely fulfilled, you just slip P1000 inside your passport when you hand it over to the immigration officer.
    If only life could always be that simple!!

Banned
    greetings phil,,, if you have a british passport you can extend for 2months and then every 2 months after this for 16months, after that you have to write a letter explaining that you wanna extend and they wll extend for a further 6months.....but...if you go to the philippine immingration the day you arrive in the philippines they will give you a one year free pass....not sure of the payment but i don think its much better that payin out for all those visa extensions!!!!
    unlike me....when i went to extendd i found out this little piece of info about the one year stay....and was disappointed!!! because i benn here now for 16months and have had to extend every 2months! around 3000 pesos a time

.but...if you go to the philippine immingration the day you arrive in the philippines they will give you a one year free pass....not sure of the payment but i don think its much better that payin out for all those visa extensions!!!!
    Better than that in fact!! No charge for BB when travelling with Mrs..

Quote Originally Posted by Win2Win View Post
    Give me a sheep .... mine are worn out
    It must be a welsh sheep Us welsh LOVE our sheep
    :Yesterday was history.Tomorrow is a mystery.Today is a gift.This is why it is called"The present!"

Thread Information