Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tesco - Rip off

Quote Originally Posted by joebloggs View Post
    i give the misses £20 a week and tell her she better make it last
    How much, you're getting generous in your old age
    Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Little View Post
    IS he? ... couldn't have told you that!
    The major supermarkets have long enjoyed a close relationship with New Labour. Tesco chief executive Sir Terry Leahy was given a knighthood by Tony Blair and was a dinner guest at Chequers after his company bailed out the struggling Millennium Dome with a £12m donation.

Read more: http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/news/ar...#ixzz0gXWt9jB9

He obviously knows what side his bread will soon be buttered on as he recently started criticizing Labours "woefully low educational standards". Watch this space for news of Lord Leahy of Scouseland

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by joebloggs View Post

guys talking about shopping
    i give the misses £20 a week and tell her she better make it last
    and don't forget to give me the change
    You must be living on Cabbage soup and pot noodles, Joe
    And cleaning your bottoms with dock leaves too

Quote Originally Posted by aposhark View Post
    You must be living on Cabbage soup and pot noodles, Joe
    And cleaning your bottoms with dock leaves too

morrisons bog paper 12 rolls for £1.26

tomato soups- cambells 3 for a £1

and noodles from the pinoy soup - bit dear 33p each but my misses loves them

anything else mrshark

Trusted Member
    My maths is not good, but the number of replies to "Tesco - Rip Off", "Standards of Service" and "Curry's Electrical" (115 so far) is fast approaching the total for the "Celebration" threads (127) - must be significant !

Quote Originally Posted by South-east boy View Post
    That's why I bought a tray of 24 fresh large chicken breasts for only £18 from Smithfields meat market in London.
    You have to watch out for added "fresh water"
    Absit invidia

DISCLAIMER: The information hereinabove may or may not be entirely accurate, relevant, forthright, verifiable, or coherent. KeithAngel, who shall herein be refered to as the 'Shining Beacon of Light', reserves the right to neither confirm, deny, justify, explain, or otherwise acknowledge any inquiry in regards to the validity, genuinity, construction, intent, and/or motive of any statements, gestures, and/or actions whether real, imagined, or transdimensional in origin. Further, the 'Shining Beacon of Light' shall be absolved of any and all legal, moral, and financial responsibilities for damages to life, limb, character, reputation, property, and/or business resulting from the usage, assimilation, incorporation, replication, and/or distribution of said statements whether partial, complete, misquoted, or imagined. This disclaimer remains in effect despite any discrepancies or claims as to its legibility, comprehension, interpretation, subliminal suggestiveness, political affiliation, legality, visibility, and/or physical presence

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by keithAngel View Post
    i've had a few chicken breasts swim out the oven lately

Quote Originally Posted by jackson.alan46 View Post
    My maths is not good, but the number of replies to "Tesco - Rip Off", "Standards of Service" and "Curry's Electrical" (115 so far) is fast approaching the total for the "Celebration" threads (127) - must be significant !
    Significant, yes ... but alas, not cause for celebration! Sign of the times in post-war Britain I guess!

Still light weight compared to this one would probably still be going if it hadnt been closed 368 posts i think

http://filipinaroses.com/showthread....=polls&page=13
    Absit invidia

DISCLAIMER: The information hereinabove may or may not be entirely accurate, relevant, forthright, verifiable, or coherent. KeithAngel, who shall herein be refered to as the 'Shining Beacon of Light', reserves the right to neither confirm, deny, justify, explain, or otherwise acknowledge any inquiry in regards to the validity, genuinity, construction, intent, and/or motive of any statements, gestures, and/or actions whether real, imagined, or transdimensional in origin. Further, the 'Shining Beacon of Light' shall be absolved of any and all legal, moral, and financial responsibilities for damages to life, limb, character, reputation, property, and/or business resulting from the usage, assimilation, incorporation, replication, and/or distribution of said statements whether partial, complete, misquoted, or imagined. This disclaimer remains in effect despite any discrepancies or claims as to its legibility, comprehension, interpretation, subliminal suggestiveness, political affiliation, legality, visibility, and/or physical presence

Tesco have priced products at £1 with a sign next to them saying buy 2 for only £2 ...
    just look at the companies profits to see whos ripping you of the most.. you could start with Barclays.. also take in to account thier cash flow and turn over

Banned
    what i always do when i shop is compare prizes based on weight or per piece i.e. how much per gram or per liter... works for me though but the thing is, it takes me longer to shop now as i also check the label (nutritional facts) as well as doing the maths.. lol

Is it me or are Easter eggs another example of rip off. If you turn up after easter they are all half-price anyways and keep them till next year
    It's time to kick ass and chew bubble gum. And I'm all out of gum.

Fresh water ... sorry but thats not what they use...."Some of the processing companies also used beef and pork proteins to hold in the water."
    "Manufacturers have also been criticised for adding hydrolysed chicken protein, which is extracted from parts of the bird not used for food, such as skin, bone, and feathers. "
    Mmmmmm tasty

Devon - no - Oxford - no - Stalybridge - no - errr - UK

Smile

Why are the men on this thread talking about shopping? What happened to football?

Al.
    Pressed rat and warthog closed down their shop!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    Why are the men on this thread talking about shopping? What happened to football?

Al.
    Not much to follow about Oldham.....

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post

Al.
    Gave up on football when Footballers started advertising alberta balsam
    what happened to them doing green cross code adverts for kids.. guess thats below them now or they dont get paid enough for it is more likely

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Notavirusalso View Post
    Tesco have priced products at £1 with a sign next to them saying buy 2 for only £2 ...
    just look at the companies profits to see whos ripping you of the most.. you could start with Barclays.. also take in to account thier cash flow and turn over
    Sainsburys whole cucumbers £0.98, Sainsburys half cucumbers £0.43

Tesco must be doing not too badly profit-wise ... when a place the size of Perth [population around the 50,000 mark] has three branches - two superstores (one open round the clock) the other *from 7am till 10pm and a 'metro' with *similar trading hours.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Little View Post
    Tesco must be doing not too badly profit-wise ... when a place the size of Perth [population around the 50,000 mark] has three branches - two superstores (one open round the clock) the other *from 7am till 10pm and a 'metro' with *similar trading hours.
    Aberystwyth must be the major town in the UK without a Tesco.

Tesco probably hadnt seen the words Aberystwyth and Major in the same sentence befor
    Absit invidia

Banned
    befor
    Watch out the evil smillie is eating your words

Tesco probably hadnt seen the words Aberystwyth and Major in the same sentence befor
    or indeed Aberystwyth and civilisation

Quote Originally Posted by sparky View Post
    on
    Rob Rob call it off
    Absit invidia

Banned
    Rob Rob call it off
    off

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by sparky View Post
    or indeed Aberystwyth and civilisation
    Shut yer face or I'll set my sheep on you

Quote Originally Posted by Florge View Post
    what i always do when i shop is compare prizes based on weight or per piece i.e. how much per gram or per liter... works for me though but the thing is, it takes me longer to shop now as i also check the label (nutritional facts) as well as doing the maths.. lol
    I always go round and check the labels, for me its a good system those in a hurry or cant be bother subdise us people who take a while to check the suppermarkets and work out the best offers

Any way i thought the majority on here always moaning how it seems no one younger than them can do the 3 r's anymore...
    The supermarkets give you some free brain training and your not happy
    Oh lord why did you make so many clothes and shoe shops

I recently saw in Tesco breakfast cereal £1.96 for 1 and buy 2 for £4! How stupid do they think we are?

Funnily enough Daryl Lynn has just applied for a job there checking the prices!

I bought 1 bag of lettuce there recently. "Do you want a bag?" "No, it's already in one Duh!"

You walk into the petrol station to buy a chocolate bar. Pick up the bar and offer it to the checkout person with the correct money. "Any petrol?" they ask.
    Stock answers are...
    1. What?, for 50p?
    2. No thanks, kind of you to offer but what am I supposed to carry it in?
    3. What for? I walked here!

Banned
    The only cheap food left in the UK is the Indian microwave meals, tiny bits of meat in a stodgy sauce with a few grains of rice, wouldn't fill a kitten up

I buy all my meat from a local farm shop/butcher. Everything he sells is from his own amimals and the price is @ 30% cheaper than the supermarkets yet the quality is far, far superior. For my everyday shopping I use ASDA which is the cheapest for basics and tinned goods. My only gripe about them is the fish counter is never manned so you have to go find someone. Oh, and their pizzas and curries are great.
    I've seen numerous examples of bigger packs = less value , thankfully my mobile has a calculator function so I can easily check and do so often.
    I remember going around the large supermarket attached to SM Mall of Asia.....I think it's Robinsons but i'm sure someone here will correct me if i'm wrong and my baby was bought ONE mangostein from the counter and no fuss whereas here 90% of the time you have to buy fruit in multipack punnets. Sigh, cant wait to live there .....unfortunately, my baby cant wait to live here .

Quote Originally Posted by SteveL View Post
    For my everyday shopping I use ASDA which is the cheapest for basics and tinned goods.
    get to morrisons far better than asda
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information