Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Thread: DFA - passports

DFA - passports

My wife will be going to the DFA to renew her own passport and apply for a new passport for her son.

Regarding the passport for her son, who is 6 years old, it says that for first time applicants that personal apperance is required and for minor (under 18) personnal apperance of either parent.

Does this mean that both my wife and her son need to attend or can she attend without him.

so nobody has applied for a passport for a minor fron the DFA in the Philippines?????????

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by rusty View Post
    My wife will be going to the DFA to renew her own passport and apply for a new passport for her son.

Regarding the passport for her son, who is 6 years old, it says that for first time applicants that personal apperance is required and for minor (under 18) personnal apperance of either parent.

Does this mean that both my wife and her son need to attend or can she attend without him.
    For Minors (below 18 years old)
    Personal appearance of either parent (if minor is of legitimate status).
    Personal appearance of mother (if minor is of illegitimate status)

Thanks Penny for taking time to answer.

Apologies if the way I asked my question may have confused people.

I am aware that, as the passport is for a minor, then my wife has to be present.

My question is can she apply for his passport alone or does her son have to be present also.

Thanks Penny for taking time to answer.

Apologies if the way I asked my question may have confused people.

I am aware that, as the passport is for a minor, then my wife has to be present.

My question is can she apply for his passport alone or does her son have to be present also.
    Yes, she can apply passport alone. no need to bring your son for personal appearance. Just bring his authenticated Birth Certificate and your wife's passport.

Quote Originally Posted by scottishbride View Post
    Yes, she can apply passport alone. no need to bring your son for personal appearance. Just bring his authenticated Birth Certificate and your wife's passport.
    Thanks, I hoped that was the case, it saves him having to travel from Mindanao unnecessarily.

Quote Originally Posted by scottishbride View Post
    yeah she is right! You can get your kid's passport even with out his appearance...

JUST BRING:
    *Original and photocopy of his birth certificate
    *Original and photocopy of Parent's passport
    *Marriage contract
    -any document with mother's maiden name
    *His 3 Passport size pictures...
    and a PASSPORT FEE HEHE

Hope this help
    Donald16Mhae ::

just to add the marriage contract is optional.....
    Donald16Mhae ::

Banned
    OK. Please tell her to ring Consular to be sure.

Personal Appearance is required (except when the applicants are either 8 years old or younger, 65 years old or older, or mentally or physically incapacitated). In case of a minor, either of the parents should appear to sign the application form on his/her behalf.

http://dfa.gov.ph/main/index.php/con...vices/passport

For Passport and Consular related inquiries, please call our Consular Information at (632) 556-0000 Monday-Friday from 8am to 4pm.

Quote Originally Posted by mhaedonald View Post
    just to add the marriage contract is optional.....
    Yes, better to bring marriage contract incase they ask for it. In my case they didn't asked, As my partner and I wasn't married yet that time.
    You can ring the consular office as Penny mentioned the number above

Quote Originally Posted by pennybarry View Post
    OK. Please tell her to ring Consular to be sure.

For Passport and Consular related inquiries, please call our Consular Information at (632) 556-0000 Monday-Friday from 8am to 4pm.

We tried before that number that we also got off the website but no answer.

The other number we used is (632) 834 4000 and they have confirmed that he does not need to attend.

They say that my wife needs to take his school ID and NSO birth certificate.

Banned
    We tried before that number that we also got off the website but no answer.

The other number we used is (632) 834 4000 and they have confirmed that he does not need to attend.

They say that my wife needs to take his school ID and NSO birth certificate.
    Hi Rusty!
    Travel Agencies also do passporting for their clients.
    Click the area where your wife is and try to find what local travel agency near her. It is cheaper to apply direct at DFA but less stress if you apply in a travel agency. Before it cost P1,500 but not sure these days.
    http://www.travelcoop.net/index.php?...w=listing&area

http://www.travelcoop.net/index.php?...&show=passport

hi, your wife can apply in person for her son's passport application , minor under 16 dont have to appear at DFA and they have their own line so it will be fast, if your wife is going to renew her passport also she can do it there on the line where she will submit her son's passport application, coz that's what i did.

Just bring all the documents needed good luck on her passport application

What a surprise they have changed the requirements again.

We called the DFA and they confirmed that he did not need to attend but when my wife went there this morning she was told that he DID have to attend.

Also they have now moved, beginning, March 8, passport services will commence at a new building located at the corner of Bradco and Macapagal Avenues in Aseana Business Park, near the Mall of Asia.

The new website for passports is http://www.passport.com.ph/

She should call first, tssk knowing she's from mindanao,so what she had done? she left the son in mindanao? and she had to go back again to get him? sorry to hear that Mark

Quote Originally Posted by September View Post
    She should call first, tssk knowing she's from mindanao,so what she had done? she left the son in mindanao? and she had to go back again to get him? sorry to hear that Mark
    We did call first, that is what is so annoying, but it coincides with them changing the requirements. Maybe if we applied last month it would have been OK?

Her son is still in Mindanao but it was not a wasted trip as she needed to renew her passport anyway.

My wife is due to fly back to the UK in a few weeks and we wanted all the paperwork sorted so she could apply for his visa to join her in the UK before she flies home.

Now when she goes back to Manila to catch her flight, he will go also and then apply for his passport. The visa will have to wait and her mother will go with her son to apply for the visa.

To further complicate things, if we apply after the 6th April, the new fee for him, would be £1680

So now we have to plan to get it submitted by then, which is not helped with Easter coming up and not knowing when either DFA and VFS will be shut for Easter.

No personal appearance for a 6y.o. unless its E-passport which requires biometrics
    ''Don't be serious..Be Sincere''

Thread Information