Some filipinas sent me inquiries for legal capacity to marry for French national.
I would like to use the forum to answer their queries and would invite them to join us soon.

Legal Capacity to Marry between a french national and a filipino national

Before the marriage:
Article of the Family cod of the Phils stipulates that a french national to contract marriage with a filipino national, must present to the local authorities a Certificate of Legal Capacity issued by the French Embassy in order to obtain a marriage liscence.

To apply for this certificate, the future spouses must submit:

THE FRENCH NATIONAL
a duly questionaire from the embassy
a recent (less than 3 months) full text birth certificate
copy of :National Identification Card or Certificate of Nationality
if previously married, a court decision of divorce:if a widower, certified copy of death certificate of spouse.

THE FILIPINO NATIONAL

a duly accomplished questionaire from the embassy
authenticated copy of the full text birth certificate
other proof of identity/other i.d cards
copy of CFO ( cert of filipino overseas)
proof of residence in Phils. (res. cert or barangay cert, copy of bills, drivers' liscence etc.)
Certificate of No Marriage from NSO dfa and malacananang authenticated
if previously married, mention of annulment decision on duly authenticated marriage certificate;
if a widower, authenticated copy of death certificate of spouse
copy of birth certificates of illegitimate children

The embassy will publish the marriage banns in France at the town hall of the place of residence of the French national , as well as the embassy(10 days). Upon reciept of the "Certificate of non Opposition" issued by the town hall in France, the embassy shall issue the Certificate of Legal Capacity" This certificate must be submitted to the local authorities (Local Civil Registrar) who will then publish the banns for ten days, before issuing a marriage liscence.
this process runs to 45 days.If all requirements are complete.

AFTER THE MARRIAGE

The spouses must submit to the embassy the local Certificate of Marriage(duly authenticated by NSO, DFA and Malacanang in order to have it transcribed in the French civil registry books and to obtain a livret de famille.

DOCUMENTS TO BE SUBMITTED BY THE FILIPINO NATIONAL FOR A FRENCH SPOUSE'S VISA

1 visa application form
2 passport size pictures
certified true copy of marriage cert or copy of livret de famille.

i add, maybe they would ask for NBI certificate, DFA and malacanang authenticated.
The person responsible for legal capacity to marry certificate at the embassy is Maria Alvarez.

hope this help.