Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Thread: Benefits

Benefits

No reason for this rant, but something that has always annoyed me.

If you rent a house and have £250,000 in the bank you can't claim, however if you have a £250,000 fully paid for house and nothing in the bank you get full benefits!! Yet both people have the same value
    Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

Its better than that if you move out of your house to have it overhauled to sell you can rent another house and claim the rent
    Absit invidia

DISCLAIMER: The information hereinabove may or may not be entirely accurate, relevant, forthright, verifiable, or coherent. KeithAngel, who shall herein be refered to as the 'Shining Beacon of Light', reserves the right to neither confirm, deny, justify, explain, or otherwise acknowledge any inquiry in regards to the validity, genuinity, construction, intent, and/or motive of any statements, gestures, and/or actions whether real, imagined, or transdimensional in origin. Further, the 'Shining Beacon of Light' shall be absolved of any and all legal, moral, and financial responsibilities for damages to life, limb, character, reputation, property, and/or business resulting from the usage, assimilation, incorporation, replication, and/or distribution of said statements whether partial, complete, misquoted, or imagined. This disclaimer remains in effect despite any discrepancies or claims as to its legibility, comprehension, interpretation, subliminal suggestiveness, political affiliation, legality, visibility, and/or physical presence

Quote Originally Posted by keithAngel View Post
    Its better than that if you move out of your house to have it overhauled to sell you can rent another house and claim the rent
    ... like more than a few of our errant Members of Parliament, perhaps?

No every one can do this then if your house sells you can have another six months getting the rent paid while you look for another one how neat is that
    Absit invidia

DISCLAIMER: The information hereinabove may or may not be entirely accurate, relevant, forthright, verifiable, or coherent. KeithAngel, who shall herein be refered to as the 'Shining Beacon of Light', reserves the right to neither confirm, deny, justify, explain, or otherwise acknowledge any inquiry in regards to the validity, genuinity, construction, intent, and/or motive of any statements, gestures, and/or actions whether real, imagined, or transdimensional in origin. Further, the 'Shining Beacon of Light' shall be absolved of any and all legal, moral, and financial responsibilities for damages to life, limb, character, reputation, property, and/or business resulting from the usage, assimilation, incorporation, replication, and/or distribution of said statements whether partial, complete, misquoted, or imagined. This disclaimer remains in effect despite any discrepancies or claims as to its legibility, comprehension, interpretation, subliminal suggestiveness, political affiliation, legality, visibility, and/or physical presence

I think the amount you have tied up in property is taken into account when applying for benefits, and if you owned a house outright worth £250,000 you wouldn't get any.

Quote Originally Posted by English Rose View Post
    I think the amount you have tied up in property is taken into account when applying for benefits, and if you owned a house outright worth £250,000 you wouldn't get any.
    Nope. Otherwise all the 10,000's who lost their job in the last year would be selling a lot of houses.

i have just lost my job and i'm claiming all i can but i can't afford to live on benefit's but i'm trying to get my wife to go to work instead
    i have learnt to do what my wife says!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by bornatbirth View Post
    i have just lost my job and i'm claiming all i can but i can't afford to live on benefit's but i'm trying to get my wife to go to work instead
    Is this for real, or you just kidding as usual...??

If you have, I am really sorry for you, and sincerely hope for you to find a good alternative soon.

Quote Originally Posted by aromulus View Post
    Is this for real, or you just kidding as usual...??

If you have, I am really sorry for you, and sincerely hope for you to find a good alternative soon.
    losing my job sadly is, but never mind i will be back working in no time.

thx for that

losing my job sadly is, but never mind i will be back working in no time
    I can send you 'The Scouse Guide to Ebay'. It's great, you don't even have to buy your own stock!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Win2Win View Post
    I can send you 'The Scouse Guide to Ebay'. It's great, you don't even have to buy your own stock!!!!
    does in involve going into other people's home's and helping myself while they are at work because i'm outside your's waiting for you to go out

goodluck with finding a job bornatbirth
    2 companies i've worked for in the last 4yrs went bust
    it's not so easy to try and survive on benefits
    my misses has started applying for fulltime jobs

Thread Information