Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

What happens next after winning the appeal for daughters visa?

hello to all,

After more or less a year in the appeal process, we just received the determination letter from the judge here in UK that he allowed our appeal, meaning we won the appeal.

Thank you all for all the help and guidance, thank you for this site.

Maybe some of you will have a knowledge of what will be the next step. Will the UK embassy in Manila contact my daughter to give her a visa? Shall my daughter do the cfo seminar - peers counselling?

We were wondering if she can travel by herself, she's 16 years old, what may be the requirements for her to travel alone, if in case.

Thank you all in advance.

Jbt
    "Chains do not hold a marriage together.It is threads, hundreds of tiny threads which sew people together through the years.That is what makes a marriage last - more than passion or even sex..."

Quote Originally Posted by jbt View Post
    hello to all,

After more or less a year in the appeal process, we just received the determination letter from the judge here in UK that he allowed our appeal, meaning we won the appeal.

Maybe some of you will have a knowledge of what will be the next step. Will the UK embassy in Manila contact my daughter to give her a visa? Shall my daughter do the cfo seminar - peers counselling?

We were wondering if she can travel by herself, she's 16 years old, what may be the requirements for her to travel alone, if in case.

Jbt

A copy of the Adjudicators decision will be also be sent to the Home Office. The HO have between 5-10 days to appeal against the decision if they feel there is a major error in the decision of Adjudicator ( this rarely happens).

If the HO do not appeal, then they will forward the decision to the Embassy where the application is made. There the Manager and ECO will review the decision.

They will send you a "call in letter" or phone, basically asking you to bring/post your passport.Once they have got this, they will stamp the visa in your passport.

All this could take anything from 4 weeks to 3 months to sort out.

yes I think everyone has to get a CFO to leave.

my stepson came to the UK on his own, but he was 17 at the time.

hello to all,

Jbt
    I don't know what the age limit is for attending the CFO seminar, but I think she might have to register with them. I do know that she will need to have the CFO sticker in her passport because when we brought my step-daughter here we were unaware of this and we had to fill in a form at the airport (the same form you fill in when you attend the CFO seminar) and pay a fee (of course) of about P400.

I did find this which might help you: http://www.cfo.gov.ph/index.php?opti...=297&Itemid=77 For youth emigrants aged 13 to 17, the following additional documents are also required.

I should imagine your daughter would be classed as a minor in which case you should also read this: http://immigration.gov.ph/index.php?...=239&Itemid=80 look at the part which says SOME RESTRICTIONS ON THE RIGHT TO TRAVEL OF FILIPINOS.

Iain.

Thank you Joe and Iain for your replies...

Winning the appeal is definitely not the end of the hardwork and expenses.... it's the start of a new chapter...

I wish the UK Embassy in the Philippines will send the call in letter or call my daughter soon.

I just hope my daughter will be allowed to travel by herself and will not have any problems w/ the immigration in the Philippines.

Follow-up question, since there is a change in the Philippine Passport, i was wondering if my daughter has to change her passport to machine readable passport? or maybe she can still travel with the old green passport.....OMG, never ending questions and another sets of worries.....thank you all for your help and patience...

jbt
    "Chains do not hold a marriage together.It is threads, hundreds of tiny threads which sew people together through the years.That is what makes a marriage last - more than passion or even sex..."

She can still use her old green passport as long as it is not yet expired. here is an advisory from the Phil embassy in london for your info

Advisory: Guidelines on Philippine Passport Issuance Starting 01 April 2010
    19 January 2010
    (19 January 2010) -- The Philippine Embassy informs the public that the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) has set 31 March 2010 as the last day allowed for ICAO member countries to issue non-Machine Readable Passports.

In view of this, the Department of Foreign Affairs, all Philippine Embassies and Consulates General, and DFA Regional Consular Offices in the Philippines will issue only Machine Readable Passports starting 01 April 2010. The green emergency passport will no longer be issued starting 01 April 2010.

The Philippine Embassy in London has been issuing Machine Readable Passports since mid-2008.

In case of applicants with lost or expired passports and the holder needs to urgently travel to the Philippines, s/he may be issued a One-Way Travel Document and then the applicant can apply for a Machine Readable Passport or an E-Passport in the DFA Main Office in Manila or in any of the DFA Regional Consular Officers.

The DFA reminds members of the public holding the green Philippine passport that these remain valid until the expiration date indicated therein. Members of the public who wish to switch to the Machine Readable Passport may likewise do so at any time even before the expiration date of their green passports.

For those who wish to secure an E-passport, currently this type of passport may only be obtained at the DFA Head Office in Pasay City.

Thank you Joe and Iain for your replies...

Winning the appeal is definitely not the end of the hardwork and expenses.... it's the start of a new chapter...

I wish the UK Embassy in the Philippines will send the call in letter or call my daughter soon.

I just hope my daughter will be allowed to travel by herself and will not have any problems w/ the immigration in the Philippines.

Follow-up question, since there is a change in the Philippine Passport, i was wondering if my daughter has to change her passport to machine readable passport? or maybe she can still travel with the old green passport.....OMG, never ending questions and another sets of worries.....thank you all for your help and patience...

jbt

thank you rainmaker for the info....

i have read in the dswd website http://www.dswd.gov.ph/index.php/cat...ce-for-minors-

ARE THE FOLLOWING MINORS EXEMPTED FROM SECURING A TRAVEL CLEARANCE?

*A minor with permanent residency card
    *A minor who holds a valid pass such as dependents visa/pass/identification or permanent resident visa/pass/identification card is no longer required to secure travel clearance from DSWD. A permanent residency card is a valid pass and a holder of such is exempted from securing a travel clearance.
    *A minor born abroad but has no permanent residency card
    *It depends on the minors citizenship or residency. A minor who is not a Filipino citizen and holds a foreign passport is not required to secure a travel clearance. A minor who is a Filipino citizen and living abroad who does not hold a permanent resident visa/pass/identification card is required to secure a travel clearance.

Based on the above, taken from the dswd website, if my daughter will hold a dependents visa, does this mean that she's exempted from securing a travel clearance?

paging sir joe, when your stepson traveled alone to uk when he was 17 yrs. of age, did he secured a travel clearance?

thank you.

jbt

*A minor who holds a valid pass such as dependents visa/pass/identification or permanent resident visa/pass/identification card is no longer required to secure travel clearance from DSWD. A permanent residency card is a valid pass and a holder of such is exempted from securing a travel clearance.

Based on the above, taken from the dswd website, if my daughter will hold a dependents visa, does this mean that she's exempted from securing a travel clearance?

paging sir joe, when your stepson traveled alone to uk when he was 17 yrs. of age, did he secured a travel clearance?
    do you have ILR Jbt ?

it looks to me from that you don't,
    but don't take a risk give them a call and check, because i can't remember if my stepson did or didn't as it was nearly 4yrs ago, and it says 'no longer required' so i dont know the date when you no longer needed travel clearance for minors with dependant visa etc.

I'm sure she will have to attend CFO thou, i think everyone has to register and if your over 13 you have to attend.

I hope its alright to ask jbt or joe, as I am not familiar what is the reason why ECO reject ur daughter visa, would you mind to ask why?

Quote Originally Posted by September View Post
    I hope its alright to ask jbt or joe, as I am not familiar what is the reason why ECO reject ur daughter visa, would you mind to ask why?
    no point in asking me, i don't know
    but in many cases, it's probably down to 'sole responsibility'

Quote Originally Posted by joebloggs View Post
    no point in asking me, i don't know
    but in many cases, it's probably down to 'sole responsibility'
    Thanks Joe, I just thought she Pm'ed u and ask for help as we know your angel in the forum

thank you sir joe.....i've already got an ILR....

when my daughter submited her visa application she was 15, it was denied and the appeal process took more or less a year, she's already 16 now, and now that our appeal was allowed, i was thinking maybe the UK Embassy in the Philippines will issue her visa after couple of months, and most probably she will be already 17 by the time they will issue her visa from there....continued process, never ending agony....

hi September, my daughters visa was denied due to the issue of 'sole responsibility', complicated issue to prove but as long as you've got lots of proofs and supporting documents, i guess you will be fine.....

follow-up question again please, if in case, they issued my daughter her visa, how many days or weeks does she have before she travels to UK?

thank you.

when my daughter submited her visa application she was 15, it was denied and the appeal process took more or less a year, she's already 16 now, and now that our appeal was allowed, i was thinking maybe the UK Embassy in the Philippines will issue her visa after couple of months, and most probably she will be already 17 by the time they will issue her visa from there....continued process, never ending agony....

hi September, my daughters visa was denied due to the issue of 'sole responsibility', complicated issue to prove but as long as you've got lots of proofs and supporting documents, i guess you will be fine.....

follow-up question again please, if in case, they issued my daughter her visa, how many days or weeks does she have before she travels to UK?

thank you.
    As long as they don't disagree with the reasoning behind the ruling, which is very unlikely, it shouldn't take that long, it's more or less a formality now. Once they receive the judgement from the UK they will just ask her to send her passport to them, put the visa sticker into it and send it back to her. She should try to get the CFO seminar thing sorted out in the meantime.
    Iain.

your daughter will get her visa very soon, a few wks probably at the most.
    if you already have ILR then i think your daughter will be granted ILE (Indefinite Leave to Enter, virtually the same as ILR but granted from outside the UK) in other words the same visa as you, as your daughter is your dependent

great news again , and my stepson should be back in the UK in May for good this time

Thank you very much Iain and Joe... if i may ask, sir joe, how long does your stepson stayed in the Phils. when he went back there after he got his visa?

My daughter will be graduating in secondary school before the end of march in the Philippines. This month she will attend the Junior/Senior prom. Well, at least, she experienced these things before she embarks to a new chapter of her would be life here in the UK.

Thank you all esp. Joe and Iain....

Thank you very much Iain and Joe... if i may ask, sir joe, how long does your stepson stayed in the Phils. when he went back there after he got his visa?
    he has ilr, but hes been nearly 2yrs in the phils, that why he has to be back in the uk b4 mid may, or it will cause too much hassle.

he has ilr, but hes been nearly 2yrs in the phils, that why he has to be back in the uk b4 mid may, or it will cause too much hassle.
    wow, your stepson stayed 2 years in the Philippines, it means, just in case, if my daughter will decide in the future, she can also stay in the Philippines for 2 years after having her visa?

wow, your stepson stayed 2 years in the Philippines, it means, just in case, if my daughter will decide in the future, she can also stay in the Philippines for 2 years after having her visa?
    if she has ilr, then nearly 2 yrs, if he stayed more than 2 years it could cause problems, his ilr would expire and he would have to try and apply again, but it would be difficult because he would no longer be a minor.

under present laws, which might change, you can be out of the uk just under 2yrs in one trip, but the UK is suppose to be your home,

but i'll see in April if we have a problem which i doubt

if she has ilr, then nearly 2 yrs, if he stayed more than 2 years it could cause problems, his ilr would expire and he would have to try and apply again, but it would be difficult because he would no longer be a minor.

under present laws, which might change, you can be out of the uk just under 2yrs in one trip, but the UK is suppose to be your home,

but i'll see in April if we have a problem which i doubt
    i wish there'll be no problem in april..... .....

i wish there'll be no problem in april..... .....
    like a boy scout be prepared

1) he will not have been out of the UK 2yrs so there should not be any problems
    2)he will have a letter saying he's been studying for 2 yrs at Palawan state uni.
    3) he has strong ties with the UK, his mom, brother and sister live in the uk.

so I'm 99% sure there will be no problems

like a boy scout be prepared

1) he will not have been out of the UK 2yrs so there should not be able problems
    2)he will have a letter saying he's been studying for 2 yrs at Palawan state uni.
    3) he has strong ties with the UK, his mom, brother and sister live in the uk.

so I'm 99% sure there will be no problems
    .... I'll pray for it as well...... Thank you so sir joe...you've always been a great help.....

Thread Information