Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Question Afraid of email scams;(

First I wud lyk to thank for the person behind this site I have found it very helpful to others who needs help
    Secondly to those who will help me to advice on the issue I am going to share, a million thaks
    I rily wanted to work in UK as nanny or house helper and so I kip myself on applying on the online classified add in UK the gumtree.com where a lot of nanny/househelper are hiring jobs were posted. I am still lucky that some responded on my application. One example was Mr. Scott who got interested on me to be hire as his nanny for his kids and so because I dont have yet a working visa or a working permit for UK he refer me to his friend a lawyer as he said in UK who is Mr. Watson. He said Mr. Watson can help me about my visa. When I get connected with Mr. Watson about my problem on the visa, He asked me 200 pound to send to him via money gram or western money union. At this time I am afraid what if its a kind of an email scam;(.
    To be sure I asked Mr. Scott my prospect employer if he wud lyk to bargain wid me that if he like he will pay my visa fee in an exchange he will deduct the amount on my salary if ill be there to start my work on his family but sad to say he didint reply my mail. Its been a week when I dont hear any response from him, so I thought he didint like my condition..
    I felt so depressed

Here is my email add if you want to email me> EMAIL ADDRESS REMOVED

Thanks to all here!
    more power to this site!
    rhen

i think a scam because of the following..

gumtree
    you cannot get a visa to work in the UK as a Nanny
    his friend is a lawyer and can help you get a visa, that's convenient
    wants you to pay £200 by western union or money gram, difficult to trace the money

no wonder he's not replied to your offer

lots of scams out there.. be-careful

http://www.4nannies.com/info/Nanny-Scams.cfm

Hi Rhen, you mentioned a Mr Scott and a Mr Watson, did they not give full names, did they not give addresses? A false address could easily verified by us I should think.. If they have not given full names that is suspicious within itself!

Definately do NOT give them money..

There are 7 Planes Of Existance:

7 — Material Plane: The earth, where you are right now.
    6 — Plane of Forces
    5 — Astral Plane
    4 — Mental Plane
    3 — Too mysterious to describe.
    2 — Too mysterious to describe.
    1 — Too mysterious to describe.

Respected Member South-east boy's Avatar
    Definately sounds like a scam to me. If you were able to come her to work as a nanny (which you sadly can't now), I can't see that there was a problem with what you were requested and if he was geniune (and you were able to work here) he would have taken you up on your offer.

100% scam never send money to someone you do not know for work
    Absit invidia

DISCLAIMER: The information hereinabove may or may not be entirely accurate, relevant, forthright, verifiable, or coherent. KeithAngel, who shall herein be refered to as the 'Shining Beacon of Light', reserves the right to neither confirm, deny, justify, explain, or otherwise acknowledge any inquiry in regards to the validity, genuinity, construction, intent, and/or motive of any statements, gestures, and/or actions whether real, imagined, or transdimensional in origin. Further, the 'Shining Beacon of Light' shall be absolved of any and all legal, moral, and financial responsibilities for damages to life, limb, character, reputation, property, and/or business resulting from the usage, assimilation, incorporation, replication, and/or distribution of said statements whether partial, complete, misquoted, or imagined. This disclaimer remains in effect despite any discrepancies or claims as to its legibility, comprehension, interpretation, subliminal suggestiveness, political affiliation, legality, visibility, and/or physical presence

Respected Member
    No it sounds real to me. I always send money to a prospective employer.....................
    I`m kidding of course and dont ever be silly enough to beleive it or anything like it.
    Before coming here you should check how many posts are about the good things here and how many about the bad. I think you`ll find many more moaning about it here than saying how much they enjoy it!

Quote Originally Posted by adam&chryss View Post
    No it sounds real to me. I always send money to a prospective employer.....................
    I`m kidding of course and dont ever be silly enough to beleive it or anything like it.
    Before coming here you should check how many posts are about the good things here and how many about the bad. I think you`ll find many more moaning about it here than saying how much they enjoy it!

thanks anyway...
    i juz wana have a work there...

Quote Originally Posted by nigel View Post
    Hi Rhen, you mentioned a Mr Scott and a Mr Watson, did they not give full names, did they not give addresses? A false address could easily verified by us I should think.. If they have not given full names that is suspicious within itself!

Definately do NOT give them money..
    thanks for the advice..i dont know if they are just fooling me..but I am so thankfull for the reply here on this site..i just wana have work in UK

Here is the lawyer contact details ;

Name :Barrister Peter Watson
    Telephone Number:+447024081903
    Email Address: barrpeter_watson@yahoo.co.uk

(Solicitor & Attorney)
    101 Borough High Street LONDON
    SE1 1NL. United Kingdom
    Tel/Fax: +447024081903

Quote Originally Posted by South-east boy View Post
    Definately sounds like a scam to me. If you were able to come her to work as a nanny (which you sadly can't now), I can't see that there was a problem with what you were requested and if he was geniune (and you were able to work here) he would have taken you up on your offer.
    Thanks for the advice...

Quote Originally Posted by im_rhen View Post
    thanks for the advice..i dont know if they are just fooling me..but I am so thankfull for the reply here on this site..i just wana have work in UK

Here is the lawyer contact details ;

Name :Barrister Peter Watson
    Telephone Number:+447024081903
    Email Address: barrpeter_watson@yahoo.co.uk

(Solicitor & Attorney)
    101 Borough High Street LONDON
    SE1 1NL. United Kingdom
    Tel/Fax: +447024081903
    why is he using a yahoo account ?

anyway definitely looks a scam

Peter Watson, Will & Probate Solicitors, 101 Borough High Street LONDON SE1 1NL, pwatsonllp@gmail.com

from http://www.data-wales.co.uk/nigerian_laundering.htm
    search the page for watson. same name, address but different email address

I'd be suspicious as well - Yahoo account, VERY basic names. Impossible to get a working Visa from Philippines unless its for a very highly skilled job (not a nanny I'm afraid). Mobile phone number only??? Anyone know of a solicitor who isn't primarily contactable on their landline?
    'The mind is like a parachute - It works best when its OPEN'

If you find my posts useful, amusing or interesting please feel free to add to my reputation

Banned
    Name of individual or organisation not registered with the Law Society - obviously a con man

http://www.lawsociety.org.uk/choosin...=orgsearch.law

Quote Originally Posted by Dedworth View Post
    Name of individual or organisation not registered with the Law Society - obviously a con man

http://www.lawsociety.org.uk/choosin...=orgsearch.law
    what?..oh my God!..really a scam!..

Quote Originally Posted by MarBell379 View Post
    I'd be suspicious as well - Yahoo account, VERY basic names. Impossible to get a working Visa from Philippines unless its for a very highly skilled job (not a nanny I'm afraid). Mobile phone number only??? Anyone know of a solicitor who isn't primarily contactable on their landline?
    thanks!..sure ill add you,..

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MarBell379 View Post
    It's not even a mobile number. A number beginning with 07024 is a personal number that can redirected to anywhere in the world.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by im_rhen View Post
    First I wud lyk to thank for the person behind this site I have found it very helpful to others who needs help
    Secondly to those who will help me to advice on the issue I am going to share, a million thaks
    I rily wanted to work in UK as nanny or house helper and so I kip myself on applying on the online classified add in UK the gumtree.com where a lot of nanny/househelper are hiring jobs were posted. I am still lucky that some responded on my application. One example was Mr. Scott who got interested on me to be hire as his nanny for his kids and so because I dont have yet a working visa or a working permit for UK he refer me to his friend a lawyer as he said in UK who is Mr. Watson. He said Mr. Watson can help me about my visa. When I get connected with Mr. Watson about my problem on the visa, He asked me 200 pound to send to him via money gram or western money union. At this time I am afraid what if its a kind of an email scam;(.
    To be sure I asked Mr. Scott my prospect employer if he wud lyk to bargain wid me that if he like he will pay my visa fee in an exchange he will deduct the amount on my salary if ill be there to start my work on his family but sad to say he didint reply my mail. Its been a week when I dont hear any response from him, so I thought he didint like my condition..
    I felt so depressed

Here is my email add if you want to email me> EMAIL ADDRESS REMOVED

Thanks to all here!
    more power to this site!
    rhen
    GUMTREE????????

Please don't send money as there were victims of nanny job scams in the Philippines.
    People using yahoo, gmail, msn are not appropriate email add if their intention is genuine.
    If they are involve in a website, their email add must be @domain.com(org,net,).
    domain-puwedeng website ng company, business, trade etc.
    huwag kang magbigay, sayang pera mahirap kitain!

Thread Information