Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Morning Joe!

First of all my wife is a qualified hair stylist having worked in a top Makati salon with mainly TV stars as her clients. Tony @ Guy, one of the most renowned hair salon names in the business, is interested in employing her based on her CV, but could not do anything until she is in the UK. They have a salon in Manchester i understand.

Re money. I do not forsee any realy problem if it is just a few thousand. If i had to multiply that by 10 then yes it would be!

As i said in my last post i am quite happy to work 18 hours or so a week, or however much is needed to reach the target, but i must have some freedom to try and rebuild my private teaching, which is quite well paid.

Off this particular subject. I have read one or two articles here and there about racial and insulting comments when you are seen around with your loved one. Have you experienced this or know anyone who has?. I could well believe it does happen.

Thanks and regards
    John

PS Glad to hear you agree about Manchester. Are you from that area yourself? I was born in Blackpool for my sins!
    PPS I think the full settlement visa may be the way to go as the only difference seems to be the interview. Proving our 'attachment' should be the least of our problems. If it is we will have drawn a real little Hitler for the interview!

Quote Originally Posted by JonHig View Post
    Morning Joe!

First of all my wife is a qualified hair stylist having worked in a top Makati salon with mainly TV stars as her clients. Tony @ Guy, one of the most renowned hair salon names in the business, is interested in employing her based on her CV, but could not do anything until she is in the UK. They have a salon in Manchester i understand.

Re money. I do not forsee any realy problem if it is just a few thousand. If i had to multiply that by 10 then yes it would be!

As i said in my last post i am quite happy to work 18 hours or so a week, or however much is needed to reach the target, but i must have some freedom to try and rebuild my private teaching, which is quite well paid.

Off this particular subject. I have read one or two articles here and there about racial and insulting comments when you are seen around with your loved one. Have you experienced this or know anyone who has?. I could well believe it does happen.

Thanks and regards
    John

PS Glad to hear you agree about Manchester. Are you from that area yourself? I was born in Blackpool for my sins!
    PPS I think the full settlement visa may be the way to go as the only difference seems to be the interview. Proving our 'attachment' should be the least of our problems. If it is we will have drawn a real little Hitler for the interview!
    a letter from her present employer, copy of her CV and a letter from a potential employer would help also a few job vacancies from a news paper/magazine to show there are many jobs your wife could apply for. , thou your suppose to be the sponsor , not your wife,but even still i would include this, if your wife got a spouse visa she could virtually work straight away, and also her bringing in a wage, would reduce any risks of her needing any 'recourse to public funds'

the more money you have the better

it really would help your case, if you could find any work even til you just get your visa, so your not relying on just benefits/pension to support you , your wife and child.

as for racial comments, only thing that the misses off, is people asking her what animal is it this year for the Chinese new year and people thinking shes Chinese.

i've a 9yr old daughter, i don't think they suffered much from racist's , maybe a few comments from ignorant people. my misses works for the NHS and meets upto 100 people a day, little or no problems with her been a filipino, most if not all are friendly and chat to the misses,

yes i live in Manchester, actually in Salford, but nearer Trafford Park , not far from OLD TRAFFORD - very close to the Trafford Centre - a large shopping centre., Manchester is pretty mixed up race wise, so most people get on ok

Blackpool we'll be going many Sundays to let the kids dig holes in the beach, throw stones in the sea, etc soon as it gets a bit warmer. must have went about 8 sundays last year

your wife will probably not be called for an interview, rarely happens unless they need to ask your wife for further info or clear some point up.

good luck

So let me get thios right if i can Joe. If i get myself 3/4 thousand in the bank, rent a property with 2 beds (min. requirement), and a job of sorts paying whatever it takes to get the minimum (150pw?) then we are in with a chance of this spousal visa without the dreaded interview.

Now do i take it that she will still have to come back to the Philippines to get the settlement visa later on? Also she will have to take the 'test' at some point yes?

Ee by gum lad tha makes it look all too easy!

My uncle John, was once upon a time, the golf pro at Swinton Park, and used to play in all the tournies. Incidentally you might be able to help me Joe if you have time. I still have (or had) a cousin living in Manchester and although i have his address, i have lost his phone number. I can't trace it on the net, but he may be ex directory.

If you PM (can't find a way of doing this) me i can give you the details or/and my email address. If that is not poss, i will take a chance and give the email address on here - everyone seems to be very genuine!

So let me get thios right if i can Joe. If i get myself 3/4 thousand in the bank, rent a property with 2 beds (min. requirement), and a job of sorts paying whatever it takes to get the minimum (150pw?) then we are in with a chance of this spousal visa without the dreaded interview.

Now do i take it that she will still have to come back to the Philippines to get the settlement visa later on? Also she will have to take the 'test' at some point yes?

Ee by gum lad tha makes it look all too easy!

My uncle John, was once upon a time, the golf pro at Swinton Park, and used to play in all the tournies. Incidentally you might be able to help me Joe if you have time. I still have (or had) a cousin living in Manchester and although i have his address, i have lost his phone number. I can't trace it on the net, but he may be ex directory.

If you PM (can't find a way of doing this) me i can give you the details or/and my email address. If that is not poss, i will take a chance and give the email address on here - everyone seems to be very genuine!
    not many people are asked to attend an interview, (thou my wife and my stepson were but that was 4 or 5 yrs ago, and now the embassy doesn't want people going there anymore - probably for security reasons - reasons why my wife had to attend , i think were, i was married more than 2yrs b4 we applied for a spouse visa, my misses was at uni so we waited for her to finish - and my stepson applied for a visa a year or so after my wife came to the uk , so they asked him to attend an interview to ask about his dad etc)

but only a very small number are asked to attend, a few %, you can minimise your chances by supplying everything possible for your visa app and double checking it, making sure you pass all the requirements,

i can get your email address from your profile.

do you intend to apply for a vist visa still ?? yes she will have to go back if she gets a visit visa and apply for a settlement visa, because your wife needs 'entry clearance'.. but if you do apply for a visit visa, make sure its a family visit visa so your wife has fulls rights to an appeal.

might be better just to apply for the spouse visa, thou the visit visa doesn't cost much, you would still need to pay for airtickets, and you can bever be sure you will be granted a vist visa - thou she could appeal against a refusal, but that could take months.

Quote Originally Posted by joebloggs View Post
    do you have french residency/passport ?
    it might be possible for you to use the EU route using a EEA family permit for your wife, cost nothing and difficult to refuse compared to a spouse visa and bring your wife to the UK that way

http://www.visabureau.com/uk/family-permit-married.aspx

even if it's not possible now, if you could go and live in a European country for a few months and then try the Surinder singh route and bring her to the UK ..

http://www.ncadc.org.uk/archives/fil...ews17/don.html
    From what I've read after following your link above (Surinder singh route) it looks like Ireland might be about the best option for him, it's near enough to nip over to the UK now and then to make other arrangements and they all speak English so his wife won't struggle with the language. If he can settle there and get accomodation, employment etc, from what it says there he could justifably claim that he had exercised EC Treaty rights to work in another Member State as he did when he lived in France. Of course after that uncertain, unstated period of time when it comes to making an application to move to the UK from Ireland, the same rules with regard to finances and not becoming a burden on the state will still apply.
    Iain.

Quote Originally Posted by IainBusby View Post
    Of course after that uncertain, unstated period of time when it comes to making an application to move to the UK from Ireland, the same rules with regard to finances and not becoming a burden on the state will still apply.
    Iain.
    Ireland is a popular choice , no i dont think so, not from Ireland anyway, he would have to apply for a EEA family permit for the uk for his wife (that's an entrance clearance and not a visa, if he wants minimal problems entering the uk). Making sure that he had proof as a worker or self-sufficient status while in Ireland for at least six months. Also, write a cover letter and make it clear that you are applying under the Singh ruling. but from the phils to Ireland he might have to show about his finances. and he would need medical insurance for them both.
    remember a EU citizen has a legal right to bring his wife, unlike the british citizen in his own country..

Another query please if i may.

It seems fairly easy to get around 100 pounds pw That is only about 18 hours work. So in essence it is no problem on that front. However if i am getting housing benefits, and i have had it confirmed that i shall, will that be a black mark against me even if i am earning sufficient to keep the family? I am talking of the pension plus the minimum of earnings as above. I find it hard to believe that it would, although if anything can happen, it will!

I do not mind doing a part time job but full time would be difficult as it would reduce the time i have to try and build up my true profession once more.

I cannot understand the logic or reasoning as to why they can't take into account benefits which they know we shall be entitled to once she is actually here. Maybe my intelligence doesn't stretch far enough to understand!

TTFN
    John
    I dont see a problem with housing benifit John as with your child you would be able to seek two bed accomadation

On council tax you would proberbly have to find the £20 a month average difference between a single occupant and multipul as you get a 25% discount for being single in a property of course as your income rises those benifits decrease with a child you might find tax credits more usefull you can find out on line what your entitlement is on there website here

http://taxcredits.hmrc.gov.uk/HomeNew.aspx
    Absit invidia

DISCLAIMER: The information hereinabove may or may not be entirely accurate, relevant, forthright, verifiable, or coherent. KeithAngel, who shall herein be refered to as the 'Shining Beacon of Light', reserves the right to neither confirm, deny, justify, explain, or otherwise acknowledge any inquiry in regards to the validity, genuinity, construction, intent, and/or motive of any statements, gestures, and/or actions whether real, imagined, or transdimensional in origin. Further, the 'Shining Beacon of Light' shall be absolved of any and all legal, moral, and financial responsibilities for damages to life, limb, character, reputation, property, and/or business resulting from the usage, assimilation, incorporation, replication, and/or distribution of said statements whether partial, complete, misquoted, or imagined. This disclaimer remains in effect despite any discrepancies or claims as to its legibility, comprehension, interpretation, subliminal suggestiveness, political affiliation, legality, visibility, and/or physical presence

Quote Originally Posted by keithAngel View Post
    with a child you might find tax credits more usefull you can find out on line what your entitlement is on there website here

http://taxcredits.hmrc.gov.uk/HomeNew.aspx
    and you could be entitled to child benefit, which is £20 a week

Yes thanks i have already done that and it indicates i will not get a charge at all for council tax! Mayb e maybe not.

regards John

Re Ireland.

It is pretty much the same as any EU country re visas. They do not seem to make an interview part of the proceedure, but the stickler for me would be medical insurance. My wife and child would be no problem i should think, but a pensioner of 70 is a different matter! Now i am very healthy, do not smoke, and do not have, nor ever have had any serious illness. Nonetheless i am still well past the 'sell by' date however you look at it!

If i can satisfy the Irish immigration over finances, no doubt i can do the same with the Brits. The one tempting thing about Ireland for starters, is the number of very nice furnished properties on offer at very reasoable rents. I would not get any housing benefits nor any other benfits for that matter, but one must remember that in trying to meet the financial demands, then employment and income come into the equation. With incom down go some of the benefits straight away.

There are enough pros about living in the Emerald Isle to give it serious consideration. I have always found the Irish to be extremely charming. The country is lovely and the way of life i would imagine is less fraught than the UK. The grass is always greener of course!

Perhaps the biggest con, for my wife at any rate, is employment, and i should think she would stand a far better chance of getting a job with her present credentials and experience, in Britain.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information