Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Newbie (Restricted Access)

Divorce in the Uk by Filipino Citizen

I just want to ask if a divorce in the UK by a filipino valid?? what if that filipino has to go back to Phil. to seek entry clearance visa, will there be any problem??

iamsmart

????? Have U tried to call any possible people or offcs who can help u about this things? coz think people here,they give advice,help and opinion as well if u been try to find it out first in ur own way....not just come here and go direct of what u want....

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisirene View Post
    ????? Have U tried to call any possible people or offcs who can help u about this things? coz think people here,they give advice,help and opinion as well if u been try to find it out first in ur own way....not just come here and go direct of what u want....
    Duh! thats why his here and post his queries just in case we or you are the possible person who have a lil knowledge with regards to this matter. Not the stupid nonsense comments .
    There is always death and taxes; however, death doesn't get worse every year.

Unhappy Hi

Quote Originally Posted by iamsmart View Post
    I just want to ask if a divorce in the UK by a filipino valid?? what if that filipino has to go back to Phil. to seek entry clearance visa, will there be any problem??

iamsmart
    Hi Iamsmart,

From my lil knowledge Phils. will not honor it cuz u have to file annulment here cuz where ur marriage takes place here.. Since its not honored your still married to your ex in the eyes of the government. Legally speaking your ex has the right as a spouse to demand. and as long as your in Philippines she / he is your spouse....

M@
    tiger tigress

♥♥♥♥Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, While loving someone deeply gives you courage♥♥♥♥.

iamsmart
    A Divorce petition initiated by a Filipino citizen is not valid in the Republic of Philippines, the Philippine Family code does not recognize a foreign divorce, a Filipino citizen must inititate an anulment proceeding should they wish to dissolve a marriage they have contracted.

The only time a Filipino may have a marriage dissolved in the United Kingdom is if they have become a naturalized British Citizen, however, even if the marriage was dissolved through the British courts, (and you dont say if the Filipino is male or female) I am assuming the divorcee is a Filipina, if the divorce petition was initiated by a Filipina in UK, and she was married to a Filipino, it would not be valid in the RP, if the marriage was to a British Citizen, it would be valid in UK, but not in the Republic of Philippines, since at the time of the divorce petition, the Filipina is subject to the laws of the RP.

If the Filipina attempts to obtain entry clearance for the United Kingdom, that would tell me, that this person is either here on a tourist visa, a work permit, and or is undocumented, if undocumented, its highly unlikely that this person will be granted an entry clearance visa, as they will need to explain there absences from the RP, and also, there overstaying, secondly, if on a work permit, they would still legally be married as a Filipino Citizen, the only authority the Philippine Government will allow to dissolve the marriage of a Filipino citizen is their own, that is the Philippine courts.

I hope that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by ervenescence View Post
    Duh! thats why his here and post his queries just in case we or you are the possible person who have a lil knowledge with regards to this matter. Not the stupid nonsense comments .
    Yeah! We all know that this forum is the big advantage of all of us…but not just to take advantage.. After they got what they want, their gone!!! Well sorry for u of my stupid comments but u know that that’s the fact….I love this forum a lot this is my house ever!

Yeah! We all know that this forum is the big advantage of all of us…but not just to take advantage.. After they got what they want, their gone!!! Well sorry for u of my stupid comments but u know that that’s the fact….I love this forum a lot this is my house ever!

Erm, dont you mean your a guest in Keith's house ? Or are you claiming squatters rights ?

How is Chris anyway, has he come back to UK yet ?
    Wena&Russ

Quote Originally Posted by russ01539 View Post
    Erm, dont you mean your a guest in Keith's house ? Or are you claiming squatters rights ?

How is Chris anyway, has he come back to UK yet ?
    yeah im the guest of keith's house..but i never heard that he been welcomed me

ahhh Chris is back last 7th of this months... And back to his busy life again...he love to see u guys... And i hope to see u there soon

Chrisirene.

Chris has our address, tell him he's welcome anytime.
    Wena&Russ

Quote Originally Posted by russ01539 View Post
    Chrisirene.

Chris has our address, tell him he's welcome anytime.

YUP..will do....send my regards to ur missus...

Chrisirene

And what this forum all about??? GGRRRRRRR For people to ask, or even share their opinions and views. and WHY people posted their question here? UHHHH

Pete,

I think whether or not your British. anyone can file a divorce here in the Uk, as long as you domicile in the country for a year. I don't think this is right , especially British law has no juridicition on marriage of a filipino. That is why so many abuse it. Tha't what I believed. Since there is no divorce for Filipinos. Not unless they change their citizenship.

I have known several people who for them it worked. Got divorce here and got married as well. But as you've said it will not be honored under Phil. law .
    The one I'm talking is a seaman (jumped ship) on a transit visa only.

(Thank you Pete)

iamsmart

Quote Originally Posted by ginapeterb View Post
    A Divorce petition initiated by a Filipino citizen is not valid in the Republic of Philippines, the Philippine Family code does not recognize a foreign divorce, a Filipino citizen must inititate an anulment proceeding should they wish to dissolve a marriage they have contracted.

The only time a Filipino may have a marriage dissolved in the United Kingdom is if they have become a naturalized British Citizen, however, even if the marriage was dissolved through the British courts, (and you dont say if the Filipino is male or female) I am assuming the divorcee is a Filipina, if the divorce petition was initiated by a Filipina in UK, and she was married to a Filipino, it would not be valid in the RP, if the marriage was to a British Citizen, it would be valid in UK, but not in the Republic of Philippines, since at the time of the divorce petition, the Filipina is subject to the laws of the RP.

If the Filipina attempts to obtain entry clearance for the United Kingdom, that would tell me, that this person is either here on a tourist visa, a work permit, and or is undocumented, if undocumented, its highly unlikely that this person will be granted an entry clearance visa, as they will need to explain there absences from the RP, and also, there overstaying, secondly, if on a work permit, they would still legally be married as a Filipino Citizen, the only authority the Philippine Government will allow to dissolve the marriage of a Filipino citizen is their own, that is the Philippine courts.

I hope that helps.

Chrisirene

And what this forum all about??? GGRRRRRRR For people to ask, or even share their opinions and views. and WHY people posted their question here? UHHHH
    Exactly! u can say whatever u like... no deal of it

Exactly! u can say whatever u like... no deal of it
    i love you so much, you cry , i cry , you laugh, i laugh, you jump on a building.......eeehhhhhh can i just go home....
    Filipina a born survivor!

Quote Originally Posted by eljean View Post
    i love you so much, you cry , i cry , you laugh, i laugh, you jump on a building.......eeehhhhhh can i just go home....:Erm:
    Nah! i want you to be with me, If you love me, I want you to jump for me to...

Quote Originally Posted by eljean View Post
    i love you so much, you cry , i cry , you laugh, i laugh, you jump on a building.......eeehhhhhh can i just go home....
    lol Eljean thats smart!
    tiger tigress

♥♥♥♥Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, While loving someone deeply gives you courage♥♥♥♥.

Pete,

I think whether or not your British. anyone can file a divorce here in the Uk, as long as you domicile in the country for a year. I don't think this is right , especially British law has no juridicition on marriage of a filipino. That is why so many abuse it. Tha't what I believed. Since there is no divorce for Filipinos. Not unless they change their citizenship.

I have known several people who for them it worked. Got divorce here and got married as well. But as you've said it will not be honored under Phil. law .
    The one I'm talking is a seaman (jumped ship) on a transit visa only.

(Thank you Pete)

iamsmart
    The point I am making is this: I can only give advice on the basis of the laws of each country, I am correct in saying that a Filipino may initiate a divorce petition in the UK, if married to a Filipino, but only if that petitioner is a British Citizen will it be recognized, if the petitioner is a UK Resident but is a Filipino Citizen, the Philippine Authorities will not recognize the divorce in the UK, if a Filipino in UK is divorced by her British husband, the Philippine Government will recognize the divorce, and she may re marry again with their blessing.

Obviously what I am saying here is people all over the world do things to curcumvent the laws of various countries, Filipinos are no strangers to that, but I cannot cover situations where laws are got around, only what those laws are. I hope that makes the position clear.

Thread Information