Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Annulment ..Good News

Hi to All,
    I recently joined the Forum in December and been searching and enjoying everyones help, comments and advice since.
    Initially my assistance was regarding best way to bring my Mahal Arlene here to UK for a visit.

There was however a bigger hurdle to overcome before i embarked on the Visa trail..... Arlene was married and separated for over 3 years.

To cut a long story short we filed her annulment papers on January 7th and much to my surprise and astonishment her solicitor contacted her today to say it was complete!!!

Thanks for the support i have received here on both our behalfs

Agreed my bank balance is considerably lighter but what a perfect birthday present for her this thursday on her 30th

Regards

Alan

Banned
    Congrats sir thats good news.

Quote Originally Posted by alanmf1 View Post
    Hi to All,
    I recently joined the Forum in December and been searching and enjoying everyones help, comments and advice since.
    Initially my assistance was regarding best way to bring my Mahal Arlene here to UK for a visit.

There was however a bigger hurdle to overcome before i embarked on the Visa trail..... Arlene was married and separated for over 3 years.

To cut a long story short we filed her annulment papers on January 7th and much to my surprise and astonishment her solicitor contacted her today to say it was complete!!!

Agreed my bank balance is considerably lighter but what a perfect birthday present for her this thursday on her 30th

Regards

Alan
    congratz and advance happy birthday to her!
    all things are possible!

Hi to All,

Regards

Alan
    Is that January 7th this year? That's less than 3 weeks!!!

Iain,
    Yes it was ......
    Hence my shock and amazement!!
    But never one to look a gift horse etc etc...............

VBK.. Many Thanks for the thoughts!

Triple5.... Cheers!

Hi to All,

Regards

Alan
    We're always delighted to help in whatever way we can, Alan. Congratulations on your great news ... and advance greetings to Arlene.

Cheers Arthur....Enjoy ur wee dram!

Congratulations Alan,

May I ask who the lawyer was, and maybe if you can email me, give me a few of the finer details.

Steve

Congratulations! Alan, a super quick annulment...Maybe you could make a super quick trip, to Bohol, for her birthday???

This seems very quick,its never been known anywere.You sure you have not been scammed?

Quote Originally Posted by jonnijon View Post
    This seems very quick,its never been known anywere.You sure you have not been scammed?
    thats what i was wondering to

Alan

.... alarm bells are ringing here.

Perhaps something was lost in transaction ?

I'd certainly not part with the final payment until I'd seen the authorized docs,
    duly stamped & signed.

.... but if it's true..... MY CONGRATULATIONS.
    No man is an island, but Barry is

Banned
    Congratulations!
    But I'm also puzzle how she did that.
    Our due process in the philippines is both of them must attend at least 3 different hearings with different dates.
    Or they will also be given summons:

Section 8. Answer. – (1) The respondent shall file his answer within fifteen days from service of summons, or within thirty days from the last issue of publication in case of service of summons by publication. The answer must be verified by the respondent himself and not by counsel or attorney-in-fact.

http://jlp-law.com/blog/rule-on-decl...ble-marriages/

Hello, Penn maybe they done the thing that we talked about the last time when we chat.
    Well if they did then they have a good connection and know the very fast and easiest way to do it, and money talks.

Well done to them if its the one that I thought but if they were scammed bad luck.
    Anyway thats only my opinion and a two pence for that.
    Regards,

Ping

Respected Member
    More information would be great. We are a year in. 2 hearings so far. Apparently final hearing might be on 15th April. Good news but I am terrified in case the answer is no - she should have a good case but you never know.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Ping View Post
    Hello, Penn maybe they done the thing that we talked about the last time when we chat.
    Well if they did then they have a good connection and know the very fast and easiest way to do it, and money talks.

Well done to them if its the one that I thought but if they were scammed bad luck.
    Anyway thats only my opinion and a two pence for that.
    Yes Ate Ping. Sometimes, no impossible in Pinas if you have connections and money.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebirdjones View Post
    .... alarm bells are ringing here.

Perhaps something was lost in transaction ?

I'd certainly not part with the final payment until I'd seen the authorized docs,
    duly stamped & signed.

.... but if it's true..... MY CONGRATULATIONS.
    It does sound a bit dodgy, but if it's been a case of paying over the odds to bypass the usual red tape and court hearings etc, then as long as the documentation can pass muster as far as the British Embassy is concerned who cares.

Dear All,
    Thanks for the good wishes,congratulations and concerns!
    The lawyer is a family friend, and obviously knows how to manipulate the system to his advantage. His initial estimate was 6 weeks to completion. Fortunately there appears to be a new influx of petitions the 1st week of January. We knew this and with the layers help were able to be "1st in the queue"...
    The petition was filed in another province which i assume he knew was quieter and probably with a judge he knew well.
    i did meet him before and he seemed a respectable character.
    Futher to this initial post i have spoken with him and it has been completed... he is going to Manila this week to collect the final papers!

There has been no objection from my gf's ex as he was the cause of the separation!

So far as costs it depends on where you stand.... but for a service like this i dont think 2.5k is out of the way............

I will update more asap!

Kindest regards

Alan

Dear All,
    Thanks for the good wishes,congratulations and concerns!
    The lawyer is a family friend, and obviously knows how to manipulate the system to his advantage. His initial estimate was 6 weeks to completion. Fortunately there appears to be a new influx of petitions the 1st week of January. We knew this and with the layers help were able to be "1st in the queue"...
    The petition was filed in another province which i assume he knew was quieter and probably with a judge he knew well.
    i did meet him before and he seemed a respectable character.
    Futher to this initial post i have spoken with him and it has been completed... he is going to Manila this week to collect the final papers!

There has been no objection from my gf's ex as he was the cause of the separation!

So far as costs it depends on where you stand.... but for a service like this i dont think 2.5k is out of the way............

I will update more asap!

Kindest regards

Alan
    I'd say you got a bargain, others have paid nearly as much and have had to wait more than 2 years. Some attorneys will offer to do an annulment fo £1200 to £1500 pounds but they usually dream up a few extra unforseen charges and they also just sit on their hands and let it all proceed in the extremely slow, typically Filipino way. If you've got a lawyer who's prepared to get off his **** and go and grease a few palms to make it all happen quickly then I think he's well worth the fee.

Iain.

Alan, what part of Phil is this lawyer in ?

Steve, he is in Bohol.......

Hi to All,

Regards

Alan
    Congrats!!!

Thread Information