Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sex tourists

Sex tourists

Now I know we usually frown on guys who go to South East Asia just looking for sex, but I wonder if there are any guys on here who'd admit to going down that "sex tourist" road but met a nice girl, fell in love, married a Filipina and never looked back?

Quote Originally Posted by Gavanddal View Post
    Now I know we usually frown on guys who go to South East Asia just looking for sex, but I wonder if there are any guys on here who'd admit to going down that "sex tourist" road but met a nice girl, fell in love, married a Filipina and never looked back?
    Nope, not me. First went to the Philippines to work for PLDT, met lots of nice people, didn't get married and always try to look forward.

how about you

being a sex tourist didnt interest me, beside's the people who work in that trade put no emotion or feeling's into it as it's just a job to them.

what make's it worse is when you see all the guy's looking the same fat, bold,beer and smoking moron's.
    i have learnt to do what my wife says!

Respected Member
    You come across a lot of the old fellas in Ayala in Cebu who live and thrive on the sex scene, its obviously prevailant. You'll also find the Filipina girls in bars in Hong Kong, Singapore etc.
    A good book to read, which is about a completely different culture, but the essentials are the same is 'Private Dancer', its free to download/read online http://www.conanstevens.com/temp/private_dancer.pdf

Well worth a read.

Banned
    Nope, like BABs says it's going to be a pretty meaningless experience so whats the point in pay for it

Now .....I wonder if there are any guys on here who'd admit to going down that "sex tourist" road ....
    I tried it once but didn't make any money

Quote Originally Posted by RickyR View Post
    .... You'll also find the Filipina girls in bars in Hong Kong, Singapore etc. ......
    ......or any other country on the planet..... and girls also from every country on the planet.......

Filipina's are a small part of the world sex trade.

The most common destinations for victims of human trafficking are Thailand, Japan, Israel, Belgium, the Netherlands, Germany, Italy, Turkey and the US, according to a report by the UNODC (United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime).
    The major sources of trafficked persons include Thailand, China, Nigeria, Albania, Bulgaria, Belarus, Moldova, and Ukraine.
    Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

Quote Originally Posted by Win2Win View Post
    I tried it once but didn't make any money
    i have wondered where i have seen you before

Trusted Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bornatbirth View Post
    ... beside's the people who work in that trade put no emotion or feeling's into it as it's just a job to them.

what make's it worse is when you see all the guy's looking the same fat, bold,beer and smoking moron's.
    Completely agree. At the root of the problem is poverty. There's said to be 600,000 people working as prostitutes in the Philippines. I would be very cautious about criticising them as they may argue there is no other work available. But it's a dangerous occupation with the risks of violence and sexually transmitted diseases ( both for prostitutes and "clients"). At least "webcam models" don't run those risks ... but as with prostitutes, it's a job for them, just an act, and more fool those who pay to watch their "shows".

Respected Member South-east boy's Avatar
    I find it a quite sad when you see some of the profile pics of girls on dating sites where they have quite revealing clothes (what there was of them) and you can see from the background in the pics that their surroundings are quite poor. Being how bad/pervy some guys can be anyway with girls who have just normal profile pics, it makes we wonder the type of guys that these more revealing profile pics are attracting? But maybe some of these girls are so poor and desperate, that they don't care about what type of guy they are attracting as long as is someone?

Quote Originally Posted by South-east boy View Post
    I find it a quite sad when you see some of the profile pics of girls on dating sites where they have quite revealing clothes (what there was of them) and you can see from the background in the pics that their surroundings are quite poor. Being how bad/pervy some guys can be anyway with girls who have just normal profile pics, it makes we wonder the type of guys that these more revealing profile pics are attracting? But maybe some of these girls are so poor and desperate, that they don't care about what type of guy they are attracting as long as is someone?
    , Tim ... the very thought, makes ME cringe!

Respected Member South-east boy's Avatar
    Even more sad/worrying when they are only 18/19. I guess some could even be younger as you only have to say that you are over 18.

Banned
    The sad thing is a lot of sex tourists will also try and date girls online, trying to get free sex with the promise of a rich and wonderful life in the west.. And of course they are heading to countries such as the Philippines, so if the girl turns out to be holding back on sex till say - marriage. Off they go to a gogo bar before the flights home.

I spoke with Rizza's Tita in Cebu who is a doctor who told me how in a few years the country's HIV rate is going to explode, as the figures currently are not quite telling the truth! And how the call centre workers are earning a lot of money for their age (early twenties) and are keeping the sex industry afloat through a lifestyle of drugs and sex.

Trusted Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Northerner View Post

I spoke with Rizza's Tita in Cebu who is a doctor who told me how in a few years the country's HIV rate is going to explode, as the figures currently are not quite telling the truth! And how the call centre workers are earning a lot of money for their age (early twenties) and are keeping the sex industry afloat through a lifestyle of drugs and sex.
    Interesting to hear from a doctor working in the Philippines. The thread started by asking if a romance might develop without ever looking back ... not only might there be regular visits to a special clinic for treatable sexually transmitted diseases, but also looking forward to the possibility of dying from AIDS or hepatitis B / C some time in the future.
    Just as an aside, many "call centre workers" are respectable ; it's the so-called "webcam models" who don't tell their families how they earn their money!

how about you

Nah, never went to the Phils before I met my Dalyn. Besides I couldn't go with someone who'd had hundreds of sexual partners, yuk! Let's just say that girls who've had none are preferable.

all very PC on here then by the looks of it BUT there are many types of sex tourist who come looking for different things

let me tell you many part of thailand would be a lot poorer without the money that comes from this sex tourism especially in places like Isaan in the north east of thailand and i guess that could go for many parts of the philippines as well.

the PC brigade will tut tut and try and lecture on its evils- and yes to a certain extent i agree with some of what they say especially regarding underage etc
    but a lot of guys have met their wives an gf's this way and are very happy.

i have been to places like Pattaya and AC and seen this sex tourism first hand but i have also been upcountry and seen the benefits western money can bring to a family/village/community.

i could go on and on about this subject but i guess my stay on the board wouldnt last long if i did

all sex toursits are not bad guys is all i will say

Quote Originally Posted by sparky View Post
    all very PC on here then by the looks of it BUT there are many types of sex tourist who come looking for different things

let me tell you many part of thailand would be a lot poorer without the money that comes from this sex tourism especially in places like Isaan in the north east of thailand and i guess that could go for many parts of the philippines as well.

the PC brigade will tut tut and try and lecture on its evils- and yes to a certain extent i agree with some of what they say especially regarding underage etc
    but a lot of guys have met their wives an gf's this way and are very happy.

i have been to places like Pattaya and AC and seen this sex tourism first hand but i have also been upcountry and seen the benefits western money can bring to a family/village/community.

i could go on and on about this subject but i guess my stay on the board wouldnt last long if i did

all sex toursits are not bad guys is all i will say
    let's get this right, you can't get any here, so you go to a poor foreign country and pay for sex with women who have no choice because their stuck in poverty?

why's this thread PC if you have something to say, say it.

so are you or was you a sex tourist?

Banned
    Nah, no PC brigade here. I think everyone will agree with you about the money it brings. But there are good and bad things the sex trade brings to south east asia.

But the bad can often be people trafficking and slavery

To be honest, I think we have discussed it many times on here how a woman with a few kids to look after in Pinas or Thailand who goes into prostitution should not be looked down on, she is after all a fighter in many ways. But it is simply a shame that the country is so poor that sex tourism is a contributing part of the economy!

Banned

so are you or was you a sex tourist?
    Stop touting for Business

Stop touting for Business
    i could arrange trip for all hubby's here, im sure their wife's won't mind because i can be trusted

Banned
    i could arrange trip for all hubby's here, im sure their wife's won't mind because i can be trusted
    Let me guess, on your bus as well

Trusted Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sparky View Post
    all very PC on here...

the PC brigade will tut tut and try and lecture on its evils
    Nobody's trying to lecture, just giving facts and honest opinions on a public forum. Of course you're entitled to your own opinion

Do you need a business partner? I will join for 50/50

'We dance in a circle and suppose, while the secret sits in the middle and knows'

R.F.

Let me guess, on your bus as well
    the love bus

Quote Originally Posted by Peanutz View Post
    Do you need a business partner? I will join for 50/50
    that's a deal partner

Banned
    I woudn't like to see the argument of who is at the front of the bus and who is at the rear of it???!!!

I woudn't like to see the argument of who is at the front of the bus and who is at the rear of it???!!!

'We dance in a circle and suppose, while the secret sits in the middle and knows'

R.F.

Quote Originally Posted by Peanutz View Post
    are you a back sit driver?

how's your map reading

...But it is simply a shame that the country is so poor that sex tourism is a contributing part of the economy!
    I agree. I wonder how poor the country would be without the corruption and whether the sex trade would then be as necessary in it's role of propping up the economy.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveTalaga View Post
    I agree. I wonder how poor the country would be without the corruption and whether the sex trade would then be as necessary in it's role of propping up the economy.
    No, the sex tourism industry will always be around. Even if we got the rest of the world up to the same level as the west in terms of wealth and public infrastructure. The reason is because men will always buy sex, no matter how much the cost is.

Here in Manchester, there are over 50 brothels I doubt they contain women who need to send money back home (although a few might), but are filled with women from all walks of life. Yet here in the UK many will tell you there is no need to sell your body for sex, but there are many who choose to do so. And the money is there to be made! So sex tourism will never end in south east Asia, so long as western men want to have easy sex with Asian women.

But one of the worst parts of this (to me). Is the lack of respect that many of these men show to the women of these countries they frequent. The term LBFM is commonly used to describe Thai or Filipino women, it stands for "little brown f****** machines".

No, the sex tourism industry will always be around. Even if we got the rest of the world up to the same level as the west in terms of wealth and public infrastructure. The reason is because men will always buy sex, no matter how much the cost is.

Here in Manchester, there are over 50 brothels I doubt they contain women who need to send money back home (although a few might), but are filled with women from all walks of life. Yet here in the UK many will tell you there is no need to sell your body for sex, but there are many who choose to do so. And the money is there to be made! So sex tourism will never end in south east Asia, so long as western men want to have easy sex with Asian women.

But one of the worst parts of this (to me). Is the lack of respect that many of these men show to the women of these countries they frequent. The term LBFM is commonly used to describe Thai or Filipino women, it stands for "little brown f****** machines".
    Hi Northerner - I agree with everything you said (although I will have to take your word for it about the 50 brothels in Manchester ). They say it is the oldest trade in the world and I suspect that they (whoever they may be) are correct. I just wanted to bleat a little about the corruption over here as it really does get my goat. I try to be fair in all walks of my life and with all people I deal with. I just get so p***** off when I see the blatent corruption here and the general acceptance that "That's the way it is, so why try to change it."

Sorry - Will climb down off my soap-box now.

Respected Member
    In all honesty, the amount of money that 'prostitution' bring into the Philippines is very little in comparison to the general OFW input, and when compared to Thailand it's a very small business. Whilst some of the filipina girls who go abroad within asia expecting to be 'Entertainers' suddenly find that to earn the money they have to offer extra, its still not mega money coming into the country. As for getting involved with a sex worker and falling in love, well... Would you get involved with a girl in prostitution in England? Generally the girl will be from a rougher, tougher, possibly drug related background and it's quite naive to expect a 'Pretty Woman' scenario will work, and would imagine that many of the failed/horror story anglo-asian marriages are with bar girls/sexy girls (mostly Thai). Obviously in some occasions something good comes out as a result, but I would think thats the exception rather then the rule.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information