Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Newbie (Restricted Access)

I am a filipina married to british subject and want my daughter to join me

i WOULD LIKE TO HEAR FROM ANYONE WHO KNOWS THE PROCEDURE IN GETTING CHILDREN TO JOIN THE PARENTS HAVING JUST BEEN GRANTED ILR IN THE UK.
    AND ALSO WILL I HAVE TO ADOPT BECAUSE MY CHILDREN ARE LEGITIMATE,AND CAN ANYONE TELL US WHAT COST WILL BE?
    ALSO WILL THEY NEED A SCHOOL FOR THEIR EDUCATION AND THE WELFARE DEPARTMENT HERE DO THEY NEED TO BE INFORMED OR NOT?
    PLEASE CAN ANYONE HELP ON THIS ONE?
    THANKS...

virtually same procedure you had to go thru to get a settlement visa and you need to show you have custody and 'sole responsibility'

whats the age of your children, who looks after them now and how long have they been looking after your children?

why would you need to adopt them?
    cost is the price of a settlement visa each, just over £500 each

why have you waited til you have ilr ??

Quote Originally Posted by joebloggs View Post
    virtually same procedure you had to go thru to get a settlement visa and you need to show you have custody and 'sole responsibility'

whats the age of your children, who looks after them now and how long have they been looking after your children?

why would you need to adopt them?
    cost is the price of a settlement visa each, just over £500 each

why have you waited til you have ilr ??
    Hello Joe,can i newly got married dec09 ..can i bring my daughter with me in england when i apply for settlement visa? thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sars_notd_virus View Post
    Hello Joe,can i newly got married dec09 ..can i bring my daughter with me in england when i apply for settlement visa? thanks
    your husbands step daughter ? if so yes, but you have to apply for a settlement visa for her at the same time and pay another fee.

also you need to show you have custody and 'sole responsibility' for the child

Quote Originally Posted by tomjackie2006 View Post
    i would like to hear from anyone who knows the procedure in getting children to join the parents having just been granted ilr in the uk.
    And also will i have to adopt because my children are illegitimate,and can anyone tell us what cost will be?
    Also will they need a school for their education and the welfare department here do they need to be informed or not?
    Please can anyone help on this one?
    Thanks...:help1:
    please note that i was not married to the original father could not trust anyone to arrange the papers i sent some funds to arrange my daughters passport and nothing was done

please note that i was not married to the original father could not trust anyone to arrange the papers i sent some funds to arrange my daughters passport and nothing was done
    its makes it a bit easier if you were not married, is the father named on the childs birth certificate?

who's looking after the child since you've been in the uk?

hello joe

hello joe,
    First of all thankyou for your help so far.
    Just to let you know in reply to your questions, that the father is not named on birth certificate.
    MY MOTHER LOOKS AFTER HER OCCASIONALLY AND THE FATHER HAS A BAD RECORD WITH THE DSWD IN PHILIPPINES, BECAUSE HAS BEEN VIOLENT TOWARDS MY DAUGHTER, AND I FEEL I NEED TO GO THERE AND SORT IT ALL OUT.

hello joe,
    First of all thankyou for your help so far.
    Just to let you know in reply to your questions, that the father is not named on birth certificate.
    MY MOTHER LOOKS AFTER HER OCCASIONALLY AND THE FATHER HAS A BAD RECORD WITH THE DSWD IN PHILIPPINES, BECAUSE HAS BEEN VIOLENT TOWARDS MY DAUGHTER, AND I FEEL I NEED TO GO THERE AND SORT IT ALL OUT.
    In that case, if he is not named on the birth certificate then you could as my wife did when filling in the visa application, to the question "Fathers Name", answer "Unknown" just to keep things simple.

Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by iainbusby View Post
    in that case, if he is not named on the birth certificate then you could as my wife did when filling in the visa application, to the question "fathers name", answer "unknown" just to keep things simple.
    originally the birth cert of my daughter already has unknown on it.can you tell us which visa app you mean ? Is this the one you apply in philippines or uk? And i think because i already have my ilr i think she will be automatically given ilr too.
    The registra agreed with me cos am not married so unknown was put on certificate

Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by IainBusby View Post
    In that case, if he is not named on the birth certificate then you could as my wife did when filling in the visa application, to the question "Fathers Name", answer "Unknown" just to keep things simple.
    please can you tell me what visa application you mean the one you fill here in uk or do I file the application while in philippines?
    The name of father was refused at the registra as it was not allowed as with me not being married so unknown was put on certificate.
    can you get back on this? thanks!

please can you tell me what visa application you mean the one you fill here in uk or do I file the application while in philippines?
    The name of father was refused at the registra as it was not allowed as with me not being married so unknown was put on certificate.
    can you get back on this? thanks!
    You will have to apply for a settlement visa for her as your dependant. This has to be applied for at the British Embassy in Manila, although you actually submit the application to VFS Global http://www.vfs-uk-ph.com/ in Manila. It's quite complicated to do if your here in the UK because the visa fee has to be deposited in one of the banks designated by the British Embassy and then the application pack has to be submitted to VFS Global.

If you intent to apply for a dependant visa for your daughter you should read this http://filipinaroses.com/showthread.php?t=21989. It tell you the new visa fees and the one for settlement (dependant) is going up by a huge amount.

Quote Originally Posted by IainBusby View Post
    If you intent to apply for a dependant visa for your daughter you should read this http://filipinaroses.com/showthread.php?t=21989. It tell you the new visa fees and the one for settlement (dependant) is going up by a huge amount.
    Yep I knew they would be raising the fees again this year and every other year my husband tells me they are always putting up the fees and also the application forms too! Anyway thanks for your help,and I am sure youre right about putting down as father unknown like you said. thanks for that.

Quote Originally Posted by joebloggs View Post
    your husbands step daughter ? if so yes, but you have to apply for a settlement visa for her at the same time and pay another fee.

also you need to show you have custody and 'sole responsibility' for the child
    Thanks Joe..i was annuled on my first marriage my daughter still carry the surname of her father and i want to bring her with me at same time i applied for settlement visa..is it possible? thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sars_notd_virus View Post
    Thanks Joe..i was annuled on my first marriage my daughter still carry the surname of her father and i want to bring her with me at same time i applied for settlement visa..is it possible? thanks
    ...yes its stated in the annulment decision that my daughter stays with me and in my custody ...shes 8years old now...

Thread Information