Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Newbie (Restricted Access)

I came and I conquered...(at least I hope so)

Hello Everyone:

Some of you may remember me from a couple months back when I asked for some tips and suggestions for my first "meet the parents" holiday in the UK. Just a background, the boyfriend and I live abroad (not in the UK, not in the Philippines either) and for Christmas and New Year holidays, we decided to spend the holidays in the UK.

Anyway, to cut the long story short, the trip was very much a success. I've met his family who were so sweet, warm and very welcoming to me. We stayed at their home for two weeks and they made me feel so much a part of their family. Shame about the weather - we didn't get to go around much, but then I am not the "touristy" or "shopper" type anyway, so I really enjoyed staying at home and chatting with his mum and dad.

I do hope that this relationship with his family continues from strength to strength. I am very close to my own family and I hope they were able to see that despite the short period of time that I have spent with them, I do love and respect them like my own family. The boyfriend says that his parents said that they could see how much I cared for him and that they were pleased too see that I looked after him. They didn't say that to me directly, but if they did see that, I am glad. I do want them to feel that their son is being looked after and that they don't need to worry too much because like them, his happiness is my utmost concern.

Anyway, to everyone who gave their tips and sent over their moral (cyber) support, thank you.

Respected Member South-east boy's Avatar
    Sounds like you had a good time and made a good impression on them! Had you ever spoken to them before?

Well done
    Good luck on your next move
    Don't make promises when you are in JOY. Don't reply when you are SAD.
    Don't take decisions when you are ANGRY. Think twice, Act wise. BE happy.

Thread Information