Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Respected Member South-east boy's Avatar

How did you meet your loved one?

Now I know that a thread such as this was done several months ago, but as it's locked it's not possible to resurect it. Of course there will have been lots of new members to the forum since then and others that might have missed it or didn't contribute.

Being that I'm a bit of an old romantic, I love hearing peoples stories on how they got together - some a slight difference in circumstances would meant that they would never have met.

Me, well sadly I don't have a happy story yet, but with Suzie it was just on Filipina heart and the Filipina before was just on a Uk dating site. I didn't know that she was a Filipina at the time as her ancestry is mostly Spanish but also mixed with French and Filipino. I wish I could meet someone in a more romantic way, but I don't get many opportunities for that and meeting the right partner is more important than how it actually happened don't you agree?

So what are your happy stories?!

While working in Cebu for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Cebu View Post
    While working in Cebu for me.
    How did you actually meet her?

Quote Originally Posted by South-east boy View Post
    ... meeting the right partner is more important than how it actually happened don't you agree?
    Indeed it IS, Tim ... ! But I shall leave it to others to recount THEIR stories, since [I think] you already know mine.

Banned
    I wish I could meet someone in a more romantic way, but I don't get many opportunities for that and meeting the right partner is more important than how it actually happened don't you agree?
    I know what you're saying, and I've thought the same, but in this day and age meeting online is the most convenient way, and it opens up avenues which weren't previously there. I'm sure 10 years ago there's no way I would have met somebody from the phils unless they were already in the UK.

Anyways, I met my girl through her cousin (brother-in-law of my ex) who I had met on a previous trip to Davao. We got chatting through friendster, and I visited her 6 months later. Our first face to face meeting was in a quiet coffee shop, kinda romantic Like you say - it's not how you meet that matters it's who you meet

Quote Originally Posted by triple5 View Post
    I know what you're saying, and I've thought the same, but in this day and age meeting online is the most convenient way, and it opens up avenues which weren't previously there. I'm sure 10 years ago there's no way I would have met somebody from the phils unless they were already in the UK.

Anyways, I met my girl through her cousin (brother-in-law of my ex) who I had met on a previous trip to Davao. We got chatting through friendster, and I visited her 6 months later. Our first face to face meeting was in a quiet coffee shop, kinda romantic Like you say - it's not how you meet that matters it's who you meet
    Yeah, I wish the internet was around 10-20 years ago as it wouldn't have made things easier to meet other people when I was younger.

It's good that something so good came out of a bad situation and if you hadn't have met the wrong one, you wouldn't have met the right one!

i met mine in a bar, strange thing is that is was a gay bar next to the hotel.

ok, we met as i was on holiday
    i have learnt to do what my wife says!

not romantic at all, but another filipina dating site story.I had traveled round some of pi myself the year before. I did not know much about the philippines before i went but during the holiday, i totally knew that my future was there.When i returned, i joined cebuanas and met a really great girl.Although dating sites can be a nitemare i will always be grateful to cebuanas for the opportunity it gave leizel and me to meet each other

I met my Mahal while window shopping in Singapore on a busy sunday afternoon. I was just walking along Orchard Street, I was not going anywhere just walking looking, taking in the sights, when I noticed this beautiful girl walking at the same speed. We walked side by side, then apart as people walked between us then together, then apart for quite a way.
    We exchanged a few smiles as we walked, as it seemed quite amusing, almost like she was already my wife. Then I stopped. I looked at her and she stopped too, then quite out of character I just asked her if she would like to have a coffee. Luckily, she spoke good english and she took me to a coffee shop near Lucky Plaza. We talked for about half an hour and exchanged numbers. Then she had to go, as she was going to a birthday party later that afternoon.
    Not expecting to hear any more, the next day she called me, and we have been together ever since (although long distance mostly) I have recently come back from Phils after meeting her and the family, and we are deeply in love, good times!! We are now both looking forward to a future together.

love at first sight
    hope yous are together really soon

Quote Originally Posted by Steve.r View Post
    I met my Mahal while window shopping in Singapore on a busy sunday afternoon. I was just walking along Orchard Street, I was not going anywhere just walking looking, taking in the sights, when I noticed this beautiful girl walking at the same speed. We walked side by side, then apart as people walked between us then together, then apart for quite a way.
    We exchanged a few smiles as we walked, as it seemed quite amusing, almost like she was already my wife. Then I stopped. I looked at her and she stopped too, then quite out of character I just asked her if she would like to have a coffee. Luckily, she spoke good english and she took me to a coffee shop near Lucky Plaza. We talked for about half an hour and exchanged numbers. Then she had to go, as she was going to a birthday party later that afternoon.
    Not expecting to hear any more, the next day she called me, and we have been together ever since (although long distance mostly) I have recently come back from Phils after meeting her and the family, and we are deeply in love, good times!! We are now both looking forward to a future together.

Serendipity! What a good love story you have, Steve
    "When you feel like giving up, remember why you held on for so long in the first place."~ Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by D&G View Post
    Serendipity! What a good love story you have, Steve
    Yeah, I agree, lovely story!

I met my wife one day in January 08 while passing time in a chat room, after all thats all i ever did in chat rooms just pass time, i mean i would never of thought i would meet someone that way and get married and start a family and be so happy.

After getting to know each other more we added each other to our messenger and got chatting more online (microphone and webcam) eventually we exchanged phone numbers and began to text each other i would call once a week.
    I think it was October i decided to have a holiday in the Philippines...well to meet Arlene of course the woman i thought i fell in love with ( i never forget being together alone for the first time in the hotel room just talking and thinking to myself that we seem to know each other so well and neither of us feel like strangers to each other) i never really knew much about the Philippines before, i researched the country and people, culture on the net before i went. It was my first time to fly so far and also my first time to fly alone it was a real adventure and experience.

We had a full two weeks together, i stayed with the family after a couple of nights at a hotel got to know the family. we went traveling alone together and also with the family there.( i was also there with the family for new year which was nice)

Well i could go on i guess, i arrived back January 12 had a long 8 months at least preparing the visa, i wanted every thing to be correct and in order so not to get a refusal.
    well thats my story...

really happy for you kenny,
    even a place as cynical as a chat room can change your life when you meet the right girl for you.Totally know what you mean when you describe spending time alone with someone you know so well but have never sat beside in person.What a great feeling.Nice story, hope mines is as happy

To you south east boy, im sure you will soon find the right person for you. You seemed to be a nice guy. Just be patient and hope for the best. Start with meeting friends on line. I have a a filipina friend who works in dubai. MAybe you and her can have a chat and eventually become good friends. Try to contact her through ym, mariedent_27. Add her up, and who knows?

Quote Originally Posted by South-east boy View Post
    How did you actually meet her?
    Introduced through mutual friends.

On a cruise ship in the Caribbean, I was the passenger and he was the waiter. It will be three years in October. Ive been to the Caribbean twice to see him, Alaska once, Manila once and have just booked to go to his ship in Alaska in August. I can't wait!!

Met my hubby at one of the restaurants in Emirates Tower Dubai in 2005. We were both wasn't looking for love that time until we bumped into each other. And from that day on... until now we are still together so much inlove..

met my husband when working in his village, i used to hang out with his mother for some peace from the people I worked with and his father for some tanduay, then the sons....for cards, volleyball and fetching the water buffalo....

My friend's wife died and his daughter, who lives in the UK, invited him here for 6 months. She put an ad on an internet friendship site for someone to help him with his English. It was only by chance that I saw the ad and thought it sounded interesting. As his daughter lived only 15 miles away from me, I answered the ad. We met up and went for a coffee. Two hours later we were still talking.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by englishbird View Post
    On a cruise ship in the Caribbean, I was the passenger and he was the waiter. It will be three years in October. Ive been to the Caribbean twice to see him, Alaska once, Manila once and have just booked to go to his ship in Alaska in August. I can't wait!!
    Iceberg...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Respected Member
    Thats a really nice story Steve.r; Lucky Plaza is a popular Filipino hangout.

I've told my story before, so dejavu for some; but myself and Marvie were both working on a cruise ship in South America. She was working as a Physio/Fitness Instructor and myself as Navigator. I spent a few months enduring 1:1 fitness sessions to spend time with her, as well as my dragging her ashore on many dates. After our contracts we met up in Manila and lived happily ever after :-)

Oh yes, and she made me change ships, and won't let me go back to cruise ships...

dating websites

Hi SEB,

I met my girl on a dating website too and i do think nowadays it is commonplace for most, especially us older guys/girls who have outgrown the clubbing and singles scene (or who were never into it in the first place). We may think chatrooms are cynical and unromantic, well the singles scene in bars and clubs is a lot worse in my eyes!

I have been following your story on a previous thread and I hope the pain is easing a little. Continue your search with faith, perseverance and a good heart and I'm sure you'll find a genuine girl soon enough.

Your story resonates with me as I'm at the stage where I'm trying to save enough money to visit my girlfriend in Manila (Incidentally she's called Suzie too, but I hope that's where the similarity ends!) and like you am finding the financial constraints frustrating. I'm hoping that i'll be able to visit her in the spring/summer. She is constantly asking me when I will visit her and like you I don't want to lie to her and give her false hopes by saying I'll visit untill I know for certain when I can travel out there.

I know there is no substitute for meeting in person, but I do feel you can get to know and care deeply for someone, by other means of communication. Obviously the most important piece of the jigsaw is meeting and experiencing the thrill (or not) of physical attraction and chemistry and it is, of course, the only way we will truly know if the feelings we have will flourish and grow.

Best wishes

Scrutiny

Quote Originally Posted by aromulus View Post
    Iceberg...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Hehe!! I hope not!!

me and gary met on dating site called cebuanas,just a simple hi .....and we met in person last nov 2, 09,were engaged and planning to get married..yap online dating is cynical but when love strikes u, you cant stop it.

Quote Originally Posted by lyka View Post
    me and gary met on dating site called cebuanas,just a simple hi .....and we met in person last nov 2, 09,were engaged and planning to get married..yap online dating is cynical but when love strikes u, you cant stop it.
    Sooo TRUE
    LOVE is in the air

Quote Originally Posted by lyka View Post
    Tama ka dyan Lyka... same here with me...I met my fiance online but not on a dating site. We met in Facebook as friends in 2007. We chat, email each other daily, exchanging views and infos on cultures & traditions and current events, especially on media advisories about Mindanao. Then he said that if he's going to visit Philippines would he be safe? and could he hire me as a personal tour guide, and i said Yes, he'll be safe and i can be his guide too. So after a year of being online friends, he finally decided to visit Philippines Oct-Nov 2008. He even asked me to file for a leave from work, and he'll pay me as tour guide. He didn't even want to go home that time and wanted to stay, but he can't. We were both crying when he left. We knew then that we love each other but just afraid to say it. After a month, he already said that he wants to come back and that he loves me. April 2009, he came back for 3 weeks. The relationship has become deeper and deeper that we wanted to be with each others side forever. But there are things that should be considered so we did not decide right away for marriage. We decided to visit UK first, meet his family, observe the life there because it will be a big move for me and my 2 kids. Nov. 2009 he visited me again, and we filed for a visit visa, fortunately it was granted. In April, me and my 2 kids will be going to UK and see what ahead of us there and hopefully settle down later this year. wish us luck...!

Chatroom..Am a regular in one of the filipino chatrooms and it gets so boring so then i typed this message ''hi everyone,filipina,28y/0,with 8kids looking for a man to marry me'' it was just a joke but then the room became so loud and happy and asked me how it happened?? (hmm crazy innit?)
    while i was too busy with pm this guy strikes my heart when he said ''I will marry you someday'' (aww sweet!!) this guy melts my heart,since then we started chatting 9hrs a day,ym msn and skype and he actually did his promise to me on our first chat we got married last December and made me the happiest woman in the world..
    ''Don't be serious..Be Sincere''

Respected Member
    I was on holiday in Singapore last Autumn. My hotel was quite a long way out of town in a mainly residential area and one night I didn't feel like going into town, so I decided to check out the local bars and just have a few beers within staggering distance of my hotel. As it turned out the local bars were just for locals, they were all Chinese Karaoke bars where beer was about £10 a pint and the karaoke was all in Chinese, Hindi, Malay or Tagalog. In the end I found, a karaoke bar that had more of a pub feel to it and decided to have a few Tiger's in there. I was the only westerner in there, the rest of the clientelle were local Indians or Chinese. One singer caught my eye, and I started chatting to her, it also helped because she spoke fluent American. She said she was off work the following day, so we agreed to meet up for a date, everything started from there. Almost 6 months on, we Skype or IM everyday and I've been out to the Phil's once to see her, and am going back again in April.

Introduced through my sister-in law(also wifes cousin) as a penpal/friend to correspond with during cold winter evenings.Originally asked sister-in-law to find penpals for my two teenage children.
    :Yesterday was history.Tomorrow is a mystery.Today is a gift.This is why it is called"The present!"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information