Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Banned
    My background is Hotel Management...met my wife when we were working together in a Hotel in Edinburgh in 1979. She has somehow managed to put up with me for 31 years and probably deserves a medal..!!!

Hi Tim!! I was single for a year and a half before I met my boyfriend at a bank where I used to work. It was a saturday morning and I was grumpy as hell for having to work that saturday 'cos I was hungover from the previous night and oh well.. who likes to work on a Saturday? LOL . So our first meeting wasn't really that romantic 'cos I felt like , I looked like and at the time I had given up on finding a decent guy here in England. He was new at the bank so he was being shown around and I wasn't very nice to him 'cos he kept smiling and staring at me and for some reason that really bugged me so I just blanked him out and pretended that he wasn't there beside me. But then I found out after he'd left that he was one of my colleague's son and I got scared that he might ask his mum who the meanie asian witch was at work so I was nicer to him the following Monday. We became friends and the rest is history! I'm so glad he didn't let our first meeting get in the way!

So I know a lot of people have already told you this but I'm sure you'll meet the right person when you least expect it. I've only been a member here for a few days but can tell that you are a nice genuine person and people like you are destined to good things
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "A good friend will help you move house. A true friend will help you move a dead body."

"In life..., accept that some days you're the pigeon and some days you're the statue"

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Ekks View Post
    Hi Tim!! I was single for a year and a half before I met my boyfriend at a bank where I used to work. It was a saturday morning and I was grumpy as hell for having to work that saturday 'cos I was hungover from the previous night and oh well.. who likes to work on a Saturday? LOL . So our first meeting wasn't really that romantic 'cos I felt like , I looked like and at the time I had given up on finding a decent guy here in England. He was new at the bank so he was being shown around and I wasn't very nice to him 'cos he kept smiling and staring at me and for some reason that really bugged me so I just blanked him out and pretended that he wasn't there beside me. But then I found out after he'd left that he was one of my colleague's son and I got scared that he might ask his mum who the meanie asian witch was at work so I was nicer to him the following Monday. We became friends and the rest is history! I'm so glad he didn't let our first meeting get in the way!

So I know a lot of people have already told you this but I'm sure you'll meet the right person when you least expect it. I've only been a member here for a few days but can tell that you are a nice genuine person and people like you are destined to good things
    Its funny how a lot of relationships start off with the wrong impression, I've heard a few stories like yours. I met my gf online, we exchanged a few emails and then began chatting on ym. I thought she was a bit rude that first time we chatted, didn't even say goodbye. It was only next time I found out that her time had run out in the net cafe and she didn't have chance to say goodbye

Quote Originally Posted by triple5 View Post
    Its funny how a lot of relationships start off with the wrong impression, I've heard a few stories like yours. I met my gf online, we exchanged a few emails and then began chatting on ym. I thought she was a bit rude that first time we chatted, didn't even say goodbye. It was only next time I found out that her time had run out in the net cafe and she didn't have chance to say goodbye
    LOL but you know that's what I like about british guys. You don't let first impressions get in the way. If I had done what I did to my guy on our first meeting to a filipino guy who was also good-looking like my bf - he would've looked at me and gone " to heck with you "
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "A good friend will help you move house. A true friend will help you move a dead body."

"In life..., accept that some days you're the pigeon and some days you're the statue"

Respected Member South-east boy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ekks View Post

Thanks Ekks!

So has your boyfriend told you what his first impression of you was when you were a bit off with him?!

Quote Originally Posted by South-east boy View Post
    Thanks Ekks!

So has your boyfriend told you what his first impression of you was when you were a bit off with him?!
    He told me he found me really snobbish but that 'cos he instantaneously developed a crush on me - he thought he should not just scrap me altogether as I might just be having a bad day at the time
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Met mine in the Mandarin Restaurent - Davao,,,,,,,,,she served me chickens feet and that as they say was that !!! Five years and 2 kids later we're still rockin on

Banned
    Rochelyn was a waitress in a small restaurant on a small island and I was travelling............the rest is in the blog.

Asian Euro

I was competing in the king of the hills mountain marathon series in Sai Kung Hong Kong in June 2003, a stunning bottom clad in lycra ran past me heading up a particularly long ascent, kept me going for few hundered yards before I could not keep up any more. I Spoke to the owner of stunning bottom at the end of the race ( we shared an power bar and a iso tonic drink... how sweet eh) I enquired if she was competing in two weeks time on Lantau and she said yes. We agreed to meet up before the event and share the ferry journey over.

I could not wait for the next two weeks to pass, distracted at work, doing more training so I might keep up with her, texting her from my trip that week in China etc etc. As fate would have it I only had to wait one week as that weekend I was helping out some mates from Credit Suisse on their dragon boat team at the deepwater bay short course event and lo and behold what did I see...... the stunning bottom again this time in padded lycra paddle shorts competing with a ladies team Mes Amis Paddle Babes.

We had a great day and after event house party at a ridiculously well paid Credit Suisse paddlers place in Repulse bay. I was going on a junk trip on the Sunday with a South African friend and his mates and knew from previous trips most of them had partners so before we parted that night I asked Ligaya
    if she would join us fully expecting this rather shy and demure filipna to say no.
    She smiled,(that smile I will never forget) said yes and we have been together ever since and now have a lively 2 year old boy and beautiful 6 month old daughter and are here in Birmingham.
    Live your life for a reason and don't worry be happy

if you don't know where you are going then any road will do!!

So even if you hadn't arranged to meet up at the next event, you would have probably bumped into her again like you did at the boat race or the next even that you had arranged to meet at!

So who finished first out of you on the second marathan event?! Mountain ones must be pretty tough eh?!

I met my husband on 'MY SPACE' website..and now we are happily married and expecting our first child....yohoooo!!!

Ligaya finished futrther up the female rankings but I posted a PB so I guess honours even. Yeah they are tough especially on 90 degree 90 % humididty days but they are only about 20 to 25km so not totally crazy
    Live your life for a reason and don't worry be happy

if you don't know where you are going then any road will do!!

Admin's Assistant ^_^ raynaputi's Avatar
    so nice to read all ur love stories here.. wish i could share my own here someday..
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

tell us more about yourself and some lucky guy may read it?
    i have learnt to do what my wife says!

Quote Originally Posted by bornatbirth View Post
    tell us more about yourself and some lucky guy may read it?
    Ok.. aside from the things i told in the "Introduce Yourself" section...I'm someone who loves to laugh..among my circle of friends, if there's a joker, i'm what u call the "laugher" (if there's such a word lol)..i can laugh at the corniest joke if the delivery is good..hehe i also try to be positive about life despite of the not so good things happened to me coz i know those are just challenges that would make me stronger.

I'm the eldest of 4 children..(hmm..technically 5 coz i have an older half sis from my mom )..i enjoy spending time with my 2 nephews which i spoil a lot..if not working (i'm at work now btw, coz im on nightshift) i usually stay at home and spend time with my family or go out with some friends to watch a movie and have coffee..im addicted to starbucks! Oh and i collect havaianas..haha..got 20 pairs already and waiting for my 21st & 22nd pair..lol..

What else? Hmmm..lol..just ask me coz im not sure if u guys wud b interested..haha. :P
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

Well I joined Filipino heart with no real expectations.I saw my fiancee's photo and was instantly attracted by her 'Cheeky' smile.So I said to myself I must speak with her! I sent an introduction email , but with no photo of myself.3 days later, heard nothing, so I sent another one.My fiancee was intrigued by my persistance so she accepted.She was not really expecting anything from the contact, but 9 months on we are completely and utterly in love, engaged to be married...

Quote Originally Posted by cheeky View Post
    Well I joined Filipino heart with no real expectations.I saw my fiancee's photo and was instantly attracted by her 'Cheeky' smile.So I said to myself I must speak with her! I sent an introduction email , but with no photo of myself.3 days later, heard nothing, so I sent another one.My fiancee was intrigued by my persistance so she accepted.She was not really expecting anything from the contact, but 9 months on we are completely and utterly in love, engaged to be married...
    well, i guess it pays to be cheeky
    i have learnt to do what my wife says!

Quote Originally Posted by bornatbirth View Post
    well, i guess it pays to be cheeky
    You should know, I've seen you in a g-string
    Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

Quote Originally Posted by Win2Win View Post
    You should know, I've seen you in a g-string
    Did you enjoy the ?!

Quote Originally Posted by raynaputi View Post
    Oh and i collect havaianas..haha..got 20 pairs already and waiting for my 21st & 22nd pair..lol..
    Ok, thicko here need to know what these are?? Please tell Rayna

Quote Originally Posted by Steve.r View Post
    Jesus Creepers .... but I'm not saying that on here someone might hit me

Spread the LUV

Havaianas is a brand of flipflops, originally from Brazil..hehe..it's very popular here in the Philippines now and causing stores that sell it to form long lines of buyers just to buy one..lol
    -=rayna.keith=-

..... long lines of buyers just to buy one..lol
    So a lot of people only have one leg?

Quote Originally Posted by Win2Win View Post
    So a lot of people only have one leg?
    One pair! Darn it! U always managed u catch my mistakes..haha 2x already..one more and i'm already bingo!
    -=rayna.keith=-

One pair! Darn it! U always managed u catch my mistakes..haha 2x already..one more and i'm already bingo!
    Funny girl ..... have we met .... I seem to remember you from my days of incarceration in "Um Foo Foo Mental Home" on "Ug Ug Island"

Thanks Rayna ............I would never have picked on you like the boss ......much

Ok.. Oh and i collect havaianas..haha..got 20 pairs already and waiting for my 21st & 22nd pair..lol..
    21/22 pairs?! Are you getting ready to open a shoe shop or something?! You women and shoes!

Thanks Rayna ............I would never have picked on you like the boss ......much
    Haha..it's ok..he's the master so i should just say most of the time..he also has and i dnt want to be kicked off here..plus..i dnt pick on
    -=rayna.keith=-

Quote Originally Posted by South-east boy View Post
    21/22 pairs?! Are you getting ready to open a shoe shop or something?! You women and shoes!
    Haha..well it's still no match to my cousins' which is nearing 100 pairs all in all!
    -=rayna.keith=-

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information