Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Newbie (Restricted Access)
    Please help me in the ILR application, does the utility bills to be submitted should be original?

Yes! all must be originals or certified copies.
    Not an expert, I only try to help.

Newbie (Restricted Access)
    Hi,

I am in a spouse visa. I was granted January 5, 2007 and went here in UK Jan 22, when can I apply for ILR? I have read that if I fly to UK after two weeks my visa was granted I will have to apply for FLR first before ILR to complete the 2 years? Is this correct?

as long as you came into the uk within 28 days of the visa being issued you dont need FLR. longer than that you might do, many weeks or months and you will. read the form set (m).

you can apply for ILR upto 28 days before the 22 jan 2009, but dont apply earlier or your app might get rejected, again read the set (m) form.

Quote Originally Posted by vbkelly View Post
    hello to everyone,im applying a citizenship this year im a bit confused bcoz i heard have a new revised book coming (LIFE IN THE UK ajourney to citizenship)early this year and i bought already the old book.so do i need to buy the new book or not? bcoz i plan to take a test this coming march before we going to philippines for holiday...thanks
    The following is excerpt from Home Office website:

What happens if I have revised from the old version of the Life in the UK handbook?

If you studied using the old handbook you will be able to take the old test until the 30 June 2007. You will need to inform the test supervisor that you would like to take the old version of the test upon your arrival at the test centre.
    From the 1 July 2007 onwards you will not be able to take a test based on the old (first edition). You should therefore ensure that you have studied the correct version of the handbook

hello to everyone!!! I was a member of this site before i got my visa way back 2006.I got my spouse visa without any problem for just 3 days. I went to the UK right after and stay there for couple of months.We decide to go back here in Philippines since i was pregnant and i like to have my baby here in Philippines.We 're already here for almost a year now.We forgot about the situation of my visa,until i visit this site again last week.My problem now is,my visa is only until october this year.I wonder if the home office will gonna give me an ILR since I've been away from UK for almost a year now.But my husband is with me here in Philippines also. We are planning to go back to the UK this March and try to apply for my ILR. Hopefully I will be granted even Im away for almost a year. Can somebody help me what to do please since we have no documents form UK to show to the home office that were together with my husband.Only our properties here in Philippines,the bills and his passport that shows he's in Philippines the same time as me. PLSSSSS....HELP ME......

I don't think you have any chance of getting ILR, you must be in the uk 2years to be able to apply for ILR, you will have to apply for FLR instead.

you need to speak to IND about this thou

Joe, even she ask the Home Office about her situation they will still tell her to extend her visa using the FLR M. Unless you and your husband had lived outside UK for 4-5 years you will be granted of Indefinite Leave to Enter.

Dont let your visa run out before you come back here in UK or else you will have to apply for Spouse visa again.

but she's already spent a few months in the uk, not sure what time your allowed outside the uk, but not a year , yes she has to come back to the uk, start collecting evidence that they've been togther for the 2 years and apply for FLR before her spouse visa runs out.. and ask IND when she can apply for ILR, as i've said she was in the uk a few months, but she might have to start her 2 years again with what evers left on her spouse visa+ FLR to make up the 2 years. thats why i said she needs to speak to IND to ask about FLR and ILR.

hello joeblogss and lady J, my visa will expire 05 october this year. i went to UK 13th Oct 2006. Do you think the Home Office will accept documents from Philippines showing that me and my husband still together even I'm here in Philippines. Because he's also staying here in Philippines while I'm here. We can proved it through his passport, and letters from his family back in UK. We're planning to go back there in UK this March,since the immigration stamp of my husbands passport will expire this 3rd of March,and me personally i dont want to pay an extention to the immigration coz it will cost fortune.
    The only documents we have there in UK is our Bank Statement every month. I hope I still can get either FLR or ILR since i dont like to go though that process of applying spouse visa again.
    I hope that I still have enough time to collect all the documents that Home Office need.

no you cannot get ILR

http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/ukr...?view=Standard

"have lived here for two years in this category"

and you need to have passed the 'life in the uk' test before you apply for ILR..

the only other way is that you and your husband have lived outside the uk for 4 years.

check with IND, but i think you have no option but to apply for FLR before your spouse visa expires in oct.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by joebloggs View Post
    no you cannot get ILR

http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/ukr...?view=Standard

"have lived here for two years in this category"

and you need to have passed the 'life in the uk' test before you apply for ILR..

the only other way is that you and your husband have lived outside the uk for 4 years.

check with IND, but i think you have no option but to apply for FLR before your spouse visa expires in oct.

hi joe,

i keep reading that life in uk test,have any idea what sort of question is that

i will appreciate if u share some just in case u had any idea (specific)

thanks,
    juliet

What do you mean Juliet?

Are you studying the Life in the UK?

im actually planning to study life in the uk already early... my husband already got me the book.. anyway my question is where do you usually take the exam for the english test? cause if i read it right i should pass the english test first before taking the life in the uk test right? hmm so many things to do. so little time hehehe

hi juliet ,the gov web site
    http://www.lifeintheuktest.gov.uk/

sample questions ..

http://www.uktestonline.co.uk/?p=sample_test
    http://www.workpermit.com/uk/natural...he_uk/quiz.htm
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/4099770.stm

it should not be too hard for a filipino to pass, my wife and stepson passed first time, and they only studied for a week or 2.. ( and thats only becuase i at them )

Quote Originally Posted by mhynne View Post
    im actually planning to study life in the uk already early... my husband already got me the book.. anywayhttp://www.uktestonline.co.uk/?p=sample_test my question is where do you usually take the exam for the english test? cause if i read it right i should pass the english test first before taking the life in the uk test right? hmm so many things to do. so little time hehehe
    are you in the uk already mhynne ? or has the embassy asked you to take an english test , i heard they were planning a simple english test before you could get a visa, i didn't know they started it yet thou.. i think you take it at the embassy..

English test and Life in the Uk test are the same unless you have attended the combined English language (ESOL) and citizenship classes.

You can find your local test centre from its official website http://www.lifeintheuktest.gov.uk/

You can practise your test online from a minimum fee of £5.99 for 30 days and there is also a free test on other website just search it.

You only need to study chapter 2 3 4 5 and 6 from the Life in the UK 'A Journey to Citizenship'.

Anyone can take the exam early like you dont need to wait to take exam on near your apply for ILR etc..

Goodluck!

Quote Originally Posted by joebloggs View Post
    are you in the uk already mhynne ? or has the embassy asked you to take an english test , i heard they were planning a simple english test before you could get a visa, i didn't know they started it yet thou.. i think you take it at the embassy..
    yes im already in the UK... got my spousal visa last dec....
    so with me having the visa already, do i still need to take the english test?

sis ladyJ, ive read that you have to take the life in the uk test 28 days before your visa expires.. is this true or like you said i can already take it early on?
    sorry but all these tests are now confusing me hehehe

Yes mhynne you must take the Life in the Uk test before you apply for your indefinite, you will receive a certificate if you pass your test and you must submit it with your ILR application without a proof that you have knowledge on English they will refused your application and cannot refund the visa fee.

You can take the exam anytime, even soon.. you dont need to wait near your visa expiration. Just keep the certificate safe because if you lost it you will have to sit and take the test again.

i see your in the uk already , sorry i cannot remember who is and who is not

ladyj is right , but take it sooner than later, it might cost more later and they might make it harder, when my wife took it in march last year, she only had to revise 3 chapters, and now like ladyj said it's 5 chapters ..

also if you leave it to the last minute, you never know you might not pass, and with your visa deadline , so give yourself enough time, and hey its not that hard if my wife can pass it

oh i'm joking

ah ok.. cause i just arrived actually.. so i dont know if should take this early on.. so maybe i should hehehe.. but i was actually just talking to my husband about this and ive read that some questions are just about day to day living in the UK and doesnt necessesarily come from the book.. so i might take it after i few months once i really feel i have integrated.. i think it be better that way in the sense that i could answer more questions wholeheartedly... cause im still learning about everyday life currently here.. still a lot to learn i think so.. i might buy and read the book now.. never too early to start studying.. ohh and i also need to read the manual for the drivers license.. hehehe a lot to study! thanks for the info

The tests are base on

Chapter 2. A changing society
    Chapter 3. UK today: a profile
    Chapter 4. How the United Kingdom is governed
    Chapter 5. Everyday needs
    Chapter 6. Employment

The easiests are chapter 5 and 6. The hardests are Chapter 2 3 4. Its random test you will have to pass 17 out of 24 questions.

Sample of Chapter 3 below

1 ) What is the total population of UK according to 2005 census?
    A) 58 million
    b) 58.6 million
    C) 58.8 million
    D) 59.8 million

2 ) In 2005 the population of the United Kingdom was just under ________________ people.
    A) 58 million
    b) 59 million
    C) 60 million
    D) 61 million

3 ) The Population of England is 84 percent of the UK population.
    A) True
    b) False

4 ) The Population of Scotland is 9 percent of the UK population.
    A) True
    b) False

5 ) The Population of Wales is 5 percent of the UK population.
    A) True
    b) False

6 ) The Population of N. Ireland is 2 percent of the UK population.
    A) True
    b) False

7 ) In 2005 the population of the United Kingdom was 59.8 million.
    A) True
    b) False

8 ) 50.1 million people of the UK population is in England.
    A) True
    b) False

9 ) ______________million people of the UK population is in England.
    A) 40.1
    b) 51.1
    C) 41.1
    D) 50.1

10 ) 5.5 million people of the UK population is in Scotland
    A) True
    b) False

sample of random

1 ) The UK census has been conducted every 10 years since 1801 except:
    [ A ] during first world war
    [ B ] during second world war
    [ C ] during 1950s
    [ D ] during 1960s

2 ) Scouse dialect is spoken in__________.
    [ A ] Tyneside
    [ B ] Liverpool
    [ C ] Manchester
    [ D ] London

3 ) Chief Moderator is
    [ A ] The head of the established church in Northern Ireland
    [ B ] The head of the established church in Scotland
    [ C ] The head of the established church in England
    [ D ] The head of the established church in Wales

4 ) St. Davids's Day is the national day of
    [ A ] Wales
    [ B ] Northern Ireland
    [ C ] England
    [ D ] Scotland

5 ) St. Andrew's day is the national day of
    [ A ] Wales
    [ B ] England
    [ C ] Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland
    [ D ] Scotland

6 ) While opening the new parliamentary session each year the Queen makes a speech.
    [ A ] True [ B ] False

7 ) The elected members in the European Parliament election are called_______?
    [ A ] Members of the European Parliament
    [ B ] Members of the Parliament
    [ C ] Members of the senet
    [ D ] None of the above

8 ) In which year onwards women were allowed to vote at 21, the same age as men.
    [ A ] 1926
    [ B ] 1927
    [ C ] 1928
    [ D ] 1929

9 ) The public can listen to debates.
    [ A ] A small cost is given to their local MPs
    [ B ] A small cost is given Parliament.
    [ C ] In free of charge.
    [ D ] There is a entrance fee

10 ) To listen to debates in both the House of Commons and the House of Lords, we have to _____________
    [ A ] write to local MP in advance to ask for tickets
    [ B ] write to Prime minister in advance to ask for tickets
    [ C ] write to Assembly rnembers in advance to ask for tickets
    [ D ] write to QAueen in advance to ask for tickets.

11 ) Most of the countries of Europe are not members of The Council of Europe
    [ A ] True
    [ B ] False

12 ) How many permanent members are there in UN?
    [ A ] Four
    [ B ] Five
    [ C ] Six
    [ D ] Seven

13 ) Two-third of people in the UK live in
    [ A ] Owned Houses
    [ B ] Rented houses
    [ C ] Studios
    [ D ] Shared Rooms

14 ) The local authorities, who provides housing is known as
    [ A ] Housing Authorities
    [ B ] Council housing
    [ C ] Housing Executive
    [ D ] None of the above

15 ) There are usually waiting lists for homes owned by housing associations.
    [ A ] True
    [ B ] False

16 ) A landlord can force a tenant to leave
    [ A ] True
    [ B ] False

17 ) Information about grants and loans is available at the Citizens Advice Bureau or jobcentre Plus.
    [ A ] True
    [ B ] False

18 ) If the GP decides you need to take medicine you will be given a _________
    [ A ] Medicine
    [ B ] Report
    [ C ] prescription
    [ D ] None of the above

19 ) Who gets free dental treatment in the UK?
    [ A ] Members of the European Parliament
    [ B ] People on Income support [ C ] Royal Family
    [ D ] MPs

20 ) The address of your local register Office is in the phone book.
    [ A ] True
    [ B ] False

21 ) Some areas of the country offer free nursery education for children over the age of __________.
    [ A ] 2
    [ B ] 3
    [ C ] 6
    [ D ] 7

22 ) In Wales, children learn Welsh in schools.
    [ A ] True
    [ B ] False

23 ) What is the speed limit for cars on in built-up areas?
    [ A ] 30 mph
    [ B ] 40 mph
    [ C ] 45 mph
    [ D ] 50 mph

24 ) To open a bank account you need a
    [ A ] A driving licence
    [ B ] A vehicle
    [ C ] Proof of identity
    [ D ] None of these

wow thanks ladyJ ill add this to my bookmarks
    this is a lot of help =)

[ A ] Tyneside
    [ B ] Most Prisons
    [ C ] Manchester
    [ D ] London

Quote Originally Posted by baboyako View Post
    [ A ] Tyneside
    [ B ] Most Prisons
    [ C ] Manchester
    [ D ] London
    your right badboyako, could trick a few filipino's on here, thinking the answer is liverpool, but its not listed, so the answer has to be (b) most prisons

to anybody who's applying in the UK test,if your not happy to your english that's better to take the english lesson or ESOL

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by LadyJ View Post
    You can find your local test centre from its official website http://www.lifeintheuktest.gov.uk/
    ...and the nearest test centre to Aberystwyth? 82 miles away

Respected Member
    I've received my spouse visa last october 25,2007. I've been here in the UK 18th of january 2008. We are not planning to live here permanently. My question is, if my spouse visa will expire and I will apply for FLR do they grant me another 2 years for it?

The answer to that is most probably No ! your 24 month visa starts from the date it was issued in the Philippines, so it starts from October 25th 2007, and will expire on 25th October 2009, because you did not arrive until the 18th January 2008, this means you are almost short 3 months for your next visa, so should you wish to apply for the extra 3 months to make up the 24 months you are required to live in UK, you would need to apply for a visa extension known as Further Leave to Remain.

This will cost you and your husband £395.00 or £595.00 for premium service.

As for your question about staying for a longer period without having indefinate leave to remain, the answer is they will only give you 6 months.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information