Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Smile marrage in the philippines, what papers do i need

im hopefuly goin to the philippines to meet a work friends sister in april or may, il stay there for 2 weeks or a month, ive known her online for about 16 momths, i now love her very much, and we hope to marry but what papers do i need to take there, singleton papers?,
    is it best to marry her there then marry her here, she will come here in september if all goes well, she will stay with her bro and his wife,
    i hope she likes me in real, im very frightened but i cant stay single forever,
    any advise will help, thanks in advance

Banned
    Thats good news mate I remember one of your threads from way back when you seemed a bit down about not meeting somebody. Don't be frightened about going over there, you'll love it and I'm sure after 16 months of chatting she's really keen on you. Enjoy, you'll have a great time.

Hi Tony,you will need a certificate of no impediment to marriage,obtained from a registry office here in the UK.Just call them and they will tell you what you need.
    When you get to the Philippines you will need to go to the British Embassy in Manila and exchange that for a local version of certificate.
    You can then apply for a marriage certificate and ten working days later you can tie the knot

Quote Originally Posted by jonnijon View Post
    Hi Tony,you will need a certificate of no impediment to marriage,obtained from a registry office here in the UK. Just call them and they will tell you what you need.
    When you get to the Philippines you will need to go to the British Embassy in Manila and exchange that for a local version of certificate.
    You can then apply for a marriage certificate and ten working days later you can tie the knot
    You have to wait 21 days for the certificate of no impediment to be released and it is only valid in the Philippine for three months from the date of issue.

thanks guys, i went into the town and they said that i have to go to another office to apply for the cert because of the area i live in, think i have to go to the office in codsull, but they did tell me what i need, her full name address ect,
    i do love her very much and ill stay with her forever, but i dont know why she wants to marry me there then here, ii said yes ill marry her, dont want her to cry, all seem so complicated,
    today she asked where will she stay when here in uk, we i thought she will be staying with her bro and his wife, i would love her to stay here with me and mom but mom is very stubbern and can get so moody
    well i atleast went to get to know her in person before i marry her, wish me luck, i think im going to need it

Quote Originally Posted by \\\\ToNy//// View Post
    ... today she asked where will she stay when here in uk, we i thought she will be staying with her bro and his wife, i would love her to stay here with me and mom but mom is very stubbern and can get so moody
    well i atleast went to get to know her in person before i marry her, wish me luck, i think im going to need it
    Ah, Tony ... been there, done that ... bought the T-shirt! Good mothers, by virtue of their very nature, are just LIKE that. Even as a middle-aged man, in HER eyes, I was still her wee boy ... her firstborn! This protective attitude seemed to reassert itself after the early death of my first wife in 1991 ... and continued unabated until my mum herself, died when I was 56 years old.

Best of luck, mate!

Thread Information