Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Thread: Second hand

Second hand

Hello Everyone!

How much do you go for Second Hand Stuff? Do you have any and what was your experience having it? I am starting this thread to learn through sharing about any of your experiences on this-nothing specific. And if you have stuff to discard, where do you dispose it aside from giving it all to the charity shops?

Back at home they have what they call 'ukay ukay' mainly clothes from overseas which is supposed to be relief goods/declared to be ...
    In Japan, they this 'furimono' meaning 'old good' and here in the UK, I noticed loads of charity shops ...

Okay, thanks ...

Try ebay and Carboot sale (only during the summer)..These are the best place to buy second hand stuffs.
    Not an expert, I only try to help.

Respected Member South-east boy's Avatar
    There's also a new site called Price minister which is a bit like ebay, but isn't an auction-just fixed prices. I have bought and sold some things on Amazon marketplace before such as dvd's, CD's and books.

Quote Originally Posted by LadyJ View Post
    Try ebay and Carboot sale (only during the summer)..These are the best place to buy second hand stuffs.
    Hello LadyJ! Thanks for sharing. I haven't been to any carboot sale nor a someone I know who is more interested in selling his sutff. Do you know any carboot sale?

Quote Originally Posted by South-east boy View Post
    There's also a new site called Price minister which is a bit like ebay, but isn't an auction-just fixed prices. I have bought and sold some things on Amazon marketplace before such as dvd's, CD's and books.
    Hello South-east boy! Thanks for your info. Any idea where to discard bulky stuff? I've seen stuff dumped/left in front of charity shops and it is no good. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by bless.books View Post
    Hello LadyJ! Thanks for sharing. I haven't been to any carboot sale nor a someone I know who is more interested in selling his sutff. Do you know any carboot sale?
    If you love shopping second hand stuff then Carboot sale is a perfect for you!
    most carboot sale are every saturday and/or sunday and every summer and early autumn only, you'll find it in your local newspaper

you'll not disappoint of buying goods there

Hello South-east boy! Thanks for your info. Any idea where to discard bulky stuff? I've seen stuff dumped/left in front of charity shops and it is no good. Thanks!
    You can sell them aswell on ebay or keep them at the moment then sell them when carboot sale season

Respected Member South-east boy's Avatar
    What kind of bulky things do you mean? There are some shops that will take or pick up furniture or old appliances if they think they can sell them on later. You can buy and sell virtually anything on ebay. For car boot sales just do a search on Google for car boots sales in the area-town or county etc where you live-though as Lady J said there are not so many at this time of year because of the weather.

Oh, and just remembered there is a free local paper called Friday ad that most newsagents have. It's free to advertise there and you can do it on-line. There was (or still is) other papers called Diamond free-ads and Loot that was/are also free to advertise in. Again most newsagents sell these and you can do your for sale ad on-line.

Lady J

Quote Originally Posted by LadyJ View Post
    If you love shopping second hand stuff then Carboot sale is a perfect for you! most carboot sale are every saturday and/or sunday and every summer and early autumn only, you'll find it in your local newspaper you'll not disappoint of buying goods there
    Hello LadyJ! Thanks ever so much. It is more of selling stuff and this info is for someone I know ... on one hand, it is also giving me an idea ...

South-east boy

Quote Originally Posted by South-east boy View Post
    What kind of bulky things do you mean? There are some shops that will take or pick up furniture or old appliances if they think they can sell them on later. You can buy and sell virtually anything on ebay. For car boot sales just do a search on Google for car boots sales in the area-town or county etc where you live-though as Lady J said there are not so many at this time of year because of the weather. Oh, and just remembered there is a free local paper called Friday ad that most newsagents have. It's free to advertise there and you can do it on-line. There was (or still is) other papers called Diamond free-ads and Loot that was/are also free to advertise in. Again most newsagents sell these and you can do your for sale ad on-line.
    Hello South-east-boy! Thank you very much, very helpful of you. Yes bulky stuff like tables/chairs/ref ... Message relayed to friends. This is also useful for me.

Advert through news agents

Posting an advert though newsagents/shop in another thing one can do to discard/dispose anything. You just have to have a good advert - give a clear description of the items ... and you will really get loads and loads of responses. Thanks again for earlier advice.

Posting an advert though newsagents/shop in another thing one can do to discard/dispose anything. You just have to have a good advert - give a clear description of the items ... and you will really get loads and loads of responses. Thanks again for earlier advice.
    Just to take note, thanks ladyj and south east boy ... The next time one close to us will do carboot sale ...

Try http://www.freecycle.org/ for disposing of old goods.
    Its essentially a site where you can give away stuff which is too old /awkward to sell, but too good to be thrown away.
    Ive used it both for giving and collecting and its very useful. You have to be quick when you want stuff though - it goes quickly!
    'The mind is like a parachute - It works best when its OPEN'

If you find my posts useful, amusing or interesting please feel free to add to my reputation

Marbell379

Quote Originally Posted by MarBell379 View Post
    Try http://www.freecycle.org/ for disposing of old goods. Its essentially a site where you can give away stuff which is too old /awkward to sell, but too good to be thrown away.
    Ive used it both for giving and collecting and its very useful. You have to be quick when you want stuff though - it goes quickly!
    Hello Marbell379 and many thanks - very useful indeed!

Rpsca

Hello everyone! Another info I've learned, RPSCA will collect bulky/big items free of charge ... and that will really lessen your burden :-)

Thread Information