Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

amendment of passport

hey guys!does anyone knew how quick is the processing for the amendment of passport?im just wondering if theres an expediate processing for it?many thanks in advance...

in the uk or the philipines?
    i have learnt to do what my wife says!

Quote Originally Posted by bornatbirth View Post
    in the uk or the philipines?
    in philippine embassy in londonthanks

Quote Originally Posted by shiera View Post
    in philippine embassy in londonthanks
    took me exactly a week by post check or phone them for updates.
    goodluck
    LIFE IS BEAUTIFUL

Quote Originally Posted by Ann07 View Post
    took me exactly a week by post check or phone them for updates.
    goodluck
    thanks a lot ann07,yes i will try to phone them.hope it will also be that quick for me.thanks again

Shiera

The various amendment forms are downloadable off their site.

http://www.philemb.org.uk/
    ... and see on the right-hand side "Downloadable & Interactive Forms"

If u turn up early (by 10.00/10.30am) you should get your amended
    passport returned to you around 4.00pm
    .. but I guess it depends where u are in the UK.

No man is an island, but Barry is

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebirdjones View Post
    The various amendment forms are downloadable off their site.

http://www.philemb.org.uk/
    ... and see on the right-hand side "Downloadable & Interactive Forms"

If u turn up early (by 10.00/10.30am) you should get your amended
    passport returned to you around 4.00pm
    .. but I guess it depends where u are in the UK.

thanks bluebierdjones!!i appreciate that,im living in oxford at the moment.

if you go there morning, after an hour you can get it ammend, that was when u apply in person in phil embassy in london

Quote Originally Posted by September View Post
    if you go there morning, after an hour you can get it ammend, that was when u apply in person in phil embassy in london
    hi september!yes im really thinking of going there in person cause i dont want to sit at home and wait that long even if ill be paying extra.
    thanks a lot!!

hey guys!does anyone knew how quick is the processing for the amendment of passport?im just wondering if theres an expediate processing for it?many thanks in advance...
    Hi Shiera,

Please correct me if I am wrong, I wanted to have my passport amendment of name in a machine readable passport last October so I can use my married name before applying for my residence visa, but I found out the Emabassy no longer do this, instead you have to apply for a renewal, and renewal period takes 4- 6 weeks, I also thought they do it in a day.

But please do check it maybe it has changed, I did not pushed through with it cos I am taking holiday next month and worried my passport maybe be delayed if I applied.

I do live in central London, and the Emabassy is just right behind where I work, do you like me to check for you again?

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by beth18 View Post
    Hi Shiera,

Please correct me if I am wrong, I wanted to have my passport amendment of name in a machine readable passport last October so I can use my married name before applying for my residence visa, but I found out the Emabassy no longer do this, instead you have to apply for a renewal, and renewal period takes 4- 6 weeks, I also thought they do it in a day.

But please do check it maybe it has changed, I did not pushed through with it cos I am taking holiday next month and worried my passport maybe be delayed if I applied.

I do live in central London, and the Emabassy is just right behind where I work, do you like me to check for you again?
    I think you are right that they can't amend machine readable passport, they only amend the old style passports.

Yes - that's right - machine readable passport (maroon) CAN NOT be amended, it is possible only with old style (green passports)

More to read and forms to download in here:

Philippine Embassy in London - Passport Information

Not sure about the waiting times for amendment of green passport , new maroon passport is usually delivered in 4 weeks (3 weeks in our case)...
    Jiri & Maricel

Hi Shiera,

hi beth!thanks for the info but i really dont know about that,i just thought its posible but this morning i heard from a friend also that as youve said they dont amend machine readable passport instead they will renew,but perhaps we will try to check it again with them.if that will be the case,then it will be a very long wait then,before i can apply for the FLR?and it would mean that it will take a long time too till i can apply for a job?

hi beth!thanks for the info but i really dont know about that,i just thought its posible but this morning i heard from a friend also that as youve said they dont amend machine readable passport instead they will renew,but perhaps we will try to check it again with them.if that will be the case,then it will be a very long wait then,before i can apply for the FLR?and it would mean that it will take a long time too till i can apply for a job?
    Oh dear, when did you got married Shiera? the first thing you should do is book an appointment or apply for FLR right away, you can ammend your passport later, that is if you want to do that first. aplying for the FLR will take you maximum of 3 months by post or you can book for a premium application where your FLR will be approve with in the day.

Upon approval of your FLR you can already apply for jobs using your Foriegn ID in a spouse category.

This is through all my experience couple of months ago.

I am still using my' single name while working and it really doesn't matter.

But I think you should apply for FLR first.

Shiera, you can PM at my yahoo messenger if you want more details.

Shiera, you can PM at my yahoo messenger if you want more details.
    hi beth im just talking to you right now on yahoo if youre there?thanks.

Respected Member
    Spain since 1988. My wife has been here since June 2006
    My wife had her passport amended in the Philippines consulate in Madrid, we went for a coffee whilst they did it. It was just a written amendment with an official stamp.

I would think that a new passport would probably be only produced in the Philippines thus would take much longer.

Banned
    I prefer to renew my passport before than ammendment.

Here's some info:
    Passport Information
    REQUIREMENTS FOR ALL APPLICANTS

Personal Appearance is required (except when the applicants are either 8 years old and younger, 65 years old and older and mentally or physically incapacitated).
    Duly accomplished application form.
    THREE (3) colored photos of the applicant taken against a royal blue background. Applicant should be in decent attire with collar. Photos must be of good quality, and must have been taken within the last six (6) months. Photo size: 4.5cm x 3.5cm. Image of the applicant should occupy 70%-80% of the photograph. The Philippine Embassy has the right to reject photos that do not comply with specifications and international standards. For guidelines on the new photo requirements click here.....
    Other supporting documents (please refer to the list below.)
    The passport fee is £36.
    ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS FOR PASSPORT RENEWAL

Applicant’s old passport
    Photocopy of old passport’s data page.
    If passport being renewed is the old brown passport, submit supporting documents with complete middle name.
    ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS FOR FIRST TIME APPLICANTS (CHILDREN BORN OUTSIDE THE PHILIPPINES)

The original and 3 photocopies of the child’s birth certificate bearing both parents’ names.
    Three (3) completed Report of Birth Forms which are available at the Embassy or at our website. The Report of Birth fee is £18. A late registration fee of £18 is added if the child had been born for more than a year.
    Three (3) photocopies of the data page of the parent’s valid Philippine Passport.
    ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS FOR MARRIED WOMEN WHO WISH TO USE SURNAME OF SPOUSE IN THEIR PASSPORTS (Note: The Embassy will no longer process applications for amendment of name in a machine readable passport. Applicants are required to renew the passport instead)

If married in the Philippines, the original and a photocopy of the marriage certificate (authenticated by the National Statistics Office and issued in security paper). A copy of husband’s valid passport or birth certificate.
    If marriage is performed outside the Philippines, (a) the original and three copies of the Marriage Certificate, (b) three duly accomplished Report of Marriage forms (which are available at the Embassy and at the Embassy website), (c) three passport size photos of husband and wife, taken within the last 6 months, (d) three photocopies of the passports of the husband and wife. The Report of Marriage fee is £18. If the marriage had been solemnized for more than a year prior to the filing of Report of Marriage, there is an additional fee of £18 for late registration.
    In case of death of husband, applicant must provide the original and three (3) copies of the death certificate of the late husband.
    In case of divorce or annulment, applicant must provide three (3) photocopies of the divorce or annulment papers. Please note that the applicant may have her name changed to that of her second spouse only if the petitioner of the divorce of the previous marriage is the foreign spouse.
    ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS FOR THE REPLACEMENT OF LOST PASSPORTS

Please note that there is a 21-day waiting period for this service, prior to actual processing of the passport.

Two (2) completed passport application forms.
    Two (2) copies of the affidavit of loss. This form is available at the Embassy and at the Embassy website.
    Four (4) passport size photos, taken within the last 6 months.
    The original and one (1) photocopy of marriage contract with registry number if applicant is married.
    Photocopy of the lost passport, if available. If the photocopy of the lost passport is not available, applicant may present an authenticated birth certificate, and/or other identification cards/supporting documents.
    The total fee for the replacement of a loss passport is £83.00 (£86.00 which includes £3.00 fax verification fee for lost passports issued outside the U.K.)
    LIST OF OTHER SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS

Marriage Contract
    Baptismal Certificate
    PRC/IBP ID Seaman’s Book
    Land Title
    Driver’s License
    Government Service Record
    Old SSS-E1 formTranscript of Records
    Voter’s Registration Record
    REMINDERS

The passport processing period is 4-6 weeks. The applicant may claim the new passport in person or a self-addressed, prepaid special delivery envelope may be submitted together with the application for use by the Embassy in posting the new passport to the applicant.
    Passports unclaimed after six (6) months will be cancelled per Department Order No. 37-03.
    The Embassy is authorized to reject applications not supported by sufficient documentary requirements.

The Philippine Embassy Consular Section is located at 6 Suffolk Street, London, SW1Y 4HG. The Embassy is open from 9:00am to 1 :00 pm and 2 :00 to 5:00pm, Mondays thru Fridays, except holidays. After submission of applications, applicants will be notified when processed passports will be ready for collection.

If you are in Scotland, you can get in touch with your nearest consulate. You can claim your passport in their office so you don't need to go to London for personal appearance.

Philippine Honorary Consulate in Glasgow, Scotland
    Mr. Robert McCready (Tel) 07831 569 876
    (Fax) 01786 831 880
    (Mobile) 07831 569 876
    bmccready@tinyworld.co.uk
    Philippine Honorary Consulate in Edinburgh
    Ms. Gladys Corbett
    Tel. No: 0131 453 3222
    Fax. No. 0131 453 6444 g.corbett@blueyonder.co.uk
    Philippine Honorary Consulate in Guernsey, Channel Islands
    Mr. Hugo Van Reijen Tel No.
    0148 1711741
    0148 1711742
    0148 1711730
    0148 1714004
    Fax No. 01487 13472
    Mobile No. 0778 1438039 hugovanreijen@

hi shiera,

I communicated with Ms. Tess de Vega, one of the staff in the consular department of our Embassy in London just last month about the amendment of my passport. They advised me to renew my passport (machine readable) instead. The processing time would actually take 4-6 weeks (30-40 working days). The fee is more or less £18. My passport will actually expire next year, August.

I am still here in Malaysia. The procedure is the same. If I'm not mistaken, no more service for passport amendment.

I hope this helps.

Cheers. Chancy

Quote Originally Posted by chancy View Post
    hi shiera,

I communicated with Ms. Tess de Vega, one of the staff in the consular department of our Embassy in London just last month about the amendment of my passport. They advised me to renew my passport (machine readable) instead. The processing time would actually take 4-6 weeks (30-40 working days). The fee is more or less £18. My passport will actually expire next year, August.

I am still here in Malaysia. The procedure is the same. If I'm not mistaken, no more service for passport amendment.

I hope this helps.

Cheers. Chancy
    thanks a lot chancy, i i think yeah its the same for me.regards

Quote Originally Posted by pennybarry View Post
    I prefer to renew my passport before than ammendment.

Here's some info:
    Passport Information
    REQUIREMENTS FOR ALL APPLICANTS

Personal Appearance is required (except when the applicants are either 8 years old and younger, 65 years old and older and mentally or physically incapacitated).
    Duly accomplished application form.
    THREE (3) colored photos of the applicant taken against a royal blue background. Applicant should be in decent attire with collar. Photos must be of good quality, and must have been taken within the last six (6) months. Photo size: 4.5cm x 3.5cm. Image of the applicant should occupy 70%-80% of the photograph. The Philippine Embassy has the right to reject photos that do not comply with specifications and international standards. For guidelines on the new photo requirements click here.....
    Other supporting documents (please refer to the list below.)
    The passport fee is £36.
    ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS FOR PASSPORT RENEWAL

Applicant’s old passport
    Photocopy of old passport’s data page.
    If passport being renewed is the old brown passport, submit supporting documents with complete middle name.
    ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS FOR FIRST TIME APPLICANTS (CHILDREN BORN OUTSIDE THE PHILIPPINES)

The original and 3 photocopies of the child’s birth certificate bearing both parents’ names.
    Three (3) completed Report of Birth Forms which are available at the Embassy or at our website. The Report of Birth fee is £18. A late registration fee of £18 is added if the child had been born for more than a year.
    Three (3) photocopies of the data page of the parent’s valid Philippine Passport.
    ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS FOR MARRIED WOMEN WHO WISH TO USE SURNAME OF SPOUSE IN THEIR PASSPORTS (Note: The Embassy will no longer process applications for amendment of name in a machine readable passport. Applicants are required to renew the passport instead)

If married in the Philippines, the original and a photocopy of the marriage certificate (authenticated by the National Statistics Office and issued in security paper). A copy of husband’s valid passport or birth certificate.
    If marriage is performed outside the Philippines, (a) the original and three copies of the Marriage Certificate, (b) three duly accomplished Report of Marriage forms (which are available at the Embassy and at the Embassy website), (c) three passport size photos of husband and wife, taken within the last 6 months, (d) three photocopies of the passports of the husband and wife. The Report of Marriage fee is £18. If the marriage had been solemnized for more than a year prior to the filing of Report of Marriage, there is an additional fee of £18 for late registration.
    In case of death of husband, applicant must provide the original and three (3) copies of the death certificate of the late husband.
    In case of divorce or annulment, applicant must provide three (3) photocopies of the divorce or annulment papers. Please note that the applicant may have her name changed to that of her second spouse only if the petitioner of the divorce of the previous marriage is the foreign spouse.
    ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS FOR THE REPLACEMENT OF LOST PASSPORTS

Please note that there is a 21-day waiting period for this service, prior to actual processing of the passport.

Two (2) completed passport application forms.
    Two (2) copies of the affidavit of loss. This form is available at the Embassy and at the Embassy website.
    Four (4) passport size photos, taken within the last 6 months.
    The original and one (1) photocopy of marriage contract with registry number if applicant is married.
    Photocopy of the lost passport, if available. If the photocopy of the lost passport is not available, applicant may present an authenticated birth certificate, and/or other identification cards/supporting documents.
    The total fee for the replacement of a loss passport is £83.00 (£86.00 which includes £3.00 fax verification fee for lost passports issued outside the U.K.)
    LIST OF OTHER SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS

Marriage Contract
    Baptismal Certificate
    PRC/IBP ID Seaman’s Book
    Land Title
    Driver’s License
    Government Service Record
    Old SSS-E1 formTranscript of Records
    Voter’s Registration Record
    REMINDERS

The passport processing period is 4-6 weeks. The applicant may claim the new passport in person or a self-addressed, prepaid special delivery envelope may be submitted together with the application for use by the Embassy in posting the new passport to the applicant.
    Passports unclaimed after six (6) months will be cancelled per Department Order No. 37-03.
    The Embassy is authorized to reject applications not supported by sufficient documentary requirements.

The Philippine Embassy Consular Section is located at 6 Suffolk Street, London, SW1Y 4HG. The Embassy is open from 9:00am to 1 :00 pm and 2 :00 to 5:00pm, Mondays thru Fridays, except holidays. After submission of applications, applicants will be notified when processed passports will be ready for collection.

If you are in Scotland, you can get in touch with your nearest consulate. You can claim your passport in their office so you don't need to go to London for personal appearance.

Philippine Honorary Consulate in Glasgow, Scotland
    Mr. Robert McCready (Tel) 07831 569 876
    (Fax) 01786 831 880
    (Mobile) 07831 569 876
    bmccready@tinyworld.co.uk
    Philippine Honorary Consulate in Edinburgh
    Ms. Gladys Corbett
    Tel. No: 0131 453 3222
    Fax. No. 0131 453 6444 g.corbett@blueyonder.co.uk
    Philippine Honorary Consulate in Guernsey, Channel Islands
    Mr. Hugo Van Reijen Tel No.
    0148 1711741
    0148 1711742
    0148 1711730
    0148 1714004
    Fax No. 01487 13472
    Mobile No. 0778 1438039 hugovanreijen@
    thank u very much penny!!!i really appreciate your every effort.all these infos are very useful.but i might go to london personally cause i live in oxford,not that farthanks again.cheers!!!!

better to go to the embassy early coz the queue is long.better to download and print the form from the website to save time.

Banned
    thank u very much penny!!!i really appreciate your every effort.all these infos are very useful.but i might go to london personally cause i live in oxford,not that farthanks again.cheers!!!!
    That's cool! Take care and goodnight!

Banned
    Hi Shiera,

yup.. you are correct... the consul called me a few weeks ago regarding my case and she told me that they do not do ammendments, but instead would require you to renew your passport...

Hi

My husband and i would like to go on holiday in the Phils in April 2010. My passport expires on July 2010 which has my ILR visa stamped on it.

The last time i had my passport renewed in the Phils they put 2 holes in the old passport. If i renew my passport, will they put 2 holes in the page where my ILR is stamped? Will that make the stamp for ILR invalid?

Thanks for any help.

Thread Information